Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:32:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Sister-in-Law
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Sister-in-Law  (Read 1006 times)
Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2003, 10:42:01 AM »

I am requesting some help In praying for my little Sister-in-Law. She has been trying to live out in the world for a few years now, but can't seem to get her act together. She is a believer, but she has let the world diminish her faith. A couple of months ago, I offered to move her down to Our house so she could get a fresh start. I want this young lady to succeed and truly walk with Christ. She has been throwing around the relocation Idea, and I think this Saturday I will go and pick her up (320 miles one way). My wife and I have been praying for her continusly, but a few more voices would't hurt either. This seems like such a small thing compared to the evils and sickness in the world, but I want her to come home with Jesus.

Thank you all,

Jim

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 08:08:10 PM »

Will do, and kudos to you for helping her out. One young person at my church went through a similar experience-it might not be bad to have some friends at church ready to meet your sister-in-law and get her involved right away so she won't be tempted to slip back into her old habits, or meet a new "old crowd." Blessings to you. That's neat that you're helping her!

dalfrath

Jesus Never Fails.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 09:37:52 AM »

Dear Lord, bless Coyote's little sister- in- law and guide her in the right path. Help her to make the necessary adjustments in her life pattern.  Draw her into an intimate fellowship with you.
Bless her spiritually, emotionally and materially. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

(Psa 34:Cool  O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

dalfrath.
Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 09:42:46 AM »

Well I now have her moved in. We moved our children into the big bedroom (it gets loud in there at bedtime), and moved sis into my daughter's room. It is going to take some adjustment for all of us, but so foar so good. Yesterday my 2 yr old, my Sister-In-Law (SIL from now on), and myself went job hunting and running the first of the month errands. I came home from work last night (11:30 p.m.) to hear that she already has a interview!! The prayers and blessings are starting to flow. PRAISE GOD!!!!! I am trying to get a little side work to drum up some extra cash to buy a 3rd vehicle so she will have a means to get to work. This month is just too tight to pull it off (Wife and I are renewing vows with an actual ceremony 10 yrs together THANK YOU LORD!!). The Lord has blessed this house 10 fold. God Bless all of you who have prayed for my SIL. Now that her body is taken care of, it is time to witness to her.

Thank you again,

Jim Grin

Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 03:52:04 PM »

Well 3 weeks have gone by since she moved in. The familiy is still going strong, and we are doing well. Sis got her a job Friday and today is her first day. We are PROUD of her. The 3rd vehicle is in the works, I found one and put some earnest money down on it. We will be picking it up Oct 15th. Praise the Lord for watching over us. Unfortunatly we haven't made it to church in 2 Sundays the Kids have been down with bad hay fever (finally got the doc to give the kids allergy medication. If you've ever dealt with military doctors you know the frustration. "Just give them some Motrin") Keep the prayers coming for Sis, she is back out into the world and needs more support than we can give her. I am more worried about temptation than anything.

She and I have been reading verse to each other at night when I come home from work. I think the Lord is working in her, but she is still holding back. The wife and I want her to be as happy as she can be.

Bless you all for the prayers,

Jim

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 11:15:56 PM »

That sounds pretty good-sounds like things are on the up and up. I'm glad she's reading the Bible with you and has her new job. That's great. I pray she will embrace it in her own heart as well.

Blessings to you, brother.

Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 12:18:46 AM »

Well SIL is still with us. She still is fighting the love Christ has to offer. She is unwilling to change her ways, is it immaturity, or is she just stubborn? It seems so easy to me sometimes, but then I remember how I was before I gave my life to Christ. Sometimes I feel like I am talking to a wall. Maybe I am being prepared for my own daughter's adulthood Smiley This is a tough nut to crack. If ya'll put in a word for her during your prayer time I would appreciate it. Her name is Christy by the way.

much love,

Jim

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 03:42:15 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Coyote,

I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers. I will pray that God gives you guidance and wisdom in helping Christy. Things are so complicated for the young people of today that patience is a must.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 12:02:31 PM »

Its wonderful that you can have her in your earthly home! Praying that you'll see her someday in God's home, too!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the