Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:47:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  SPIRITUALLY OUT OF BALANCE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SPIRITUALLY OUT OF BALANCE  (Read 10807 times)
mqueen

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2006, 09:12:24 PM »

Hello Everyone,

God has placed on my heart to write a book that will touch on some harsh issues. Some of the topics will be unhealthy relationships, people playing church, cliques within the church, the church letting the world creep in, people capitalizing on the ministry, hurting people and their issues not being resolved, having a heart for God and not for man, man pleasers, and many other topics.

We have enough power through God to remove all of the weaknesses and to pull the world into our world, and not bring the world into the church. Many of our churches have been run over by a mack truck. The magnitude of issues are getting worse, creating stress disorders.

I want this book to speak on real life issues that we each face in our Christian walk. I would like to know what you have been faced with within your spiritual life or your church, and I would like to use some situations (leaving names out) and address them in my book in hopes that there will be some healing and deliverance. Also it may wake leadership up to step up to the plate in addressing these issues.

Acknowledgements and credits will be noted to Christian Unite, but no names will be mentioned.

IT'S TIME OUT FOR PLAYING!!! Let's help one another to get through and make the adjust.  As God is not pleased.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 11:56:04 PM »

Hi mqueen,

What church are you a member of? Do you consider it "spiritually out of balance" ?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 12:00:46 AM »

Hello Mqueen, welcome to CU. The book you are thinking of writing sounds very much like the Bible. Yes, you see mqueen, these things were foretold in the Bible in the Book of Matthew, Revelation, and other Books in the New Testament.

The Author and the Finisher of our faith wrote these things for Christians, He already knew these things were going to happen, so He warned us against them, but His plans will not change, He has a purpose and He will fulfill it.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 02:12:00 AM »

Hello Mcqueen,

WELCOME!

I will quickly agree with airIam2Worship and say that the Holy Bible has the answers we need for today. In fact, many of the books of men may be responsible for a lot of the problems in our churches. I don't go to a church with the type of problems you speak of, and I attribute that to the Holy Bible, concentration on JESUS CHRIST and the Cross, and strong Bible teaching that instructs Christians "how their joy might be more full" in JESUS.

So, I say that the book we need today is the Holy Bible, the GOOD NEWS, and some more strong medicine from the GOSPEL OF GOD'S GRACE. The Holy Bible is sharper than any two-edged SWORD, and it contains the time-tested truth of how Christians should live, especially in yielding to the ONE who has already bought us with HIS Blood, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 10:19-23 NASB  Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;

mqueen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 09:39:51 AM »

I attend a Christian non-denomination church in the state of Georgia.  I not only see this in my church, but in a lot of churches.  People are complaining all of the time about the cliques, unfair treatments, too many focusing on pleasing man and not God, no deliverance, building larger cathedrals, focusing on what they want to accomplish only, and the list goes on and on.

L. Ron Hubbard once said, "Writing for a penny a word is rediculous.  if a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best wa would be to start his own religion."  While our modern day evengelists have not started their own religion, they have unquestionably improved on Hubbard's idea.  Capitalizing on Christianity has proved to be far more luicrative than starting a new religion.

Church use to be a place where you went to fellowship, receive the Word, and give God the praises that He deserves.  Now it seems more like a business.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 10:03:38 AM »

I attend a Christian non-denomination church in the state of Georgia.  I not only see this in my church, but in a lot of churches.  People are complaining all of the time about the cliques, unfair treatments, too many focusing on pleasing man and not God, no deliverance, building larger cathedrals, focusing on what they want to accomplish only, and the list goes on and on.

L. Ron Hubbard once said, "Writing for a penny a word is rediculous.  if a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best wa would be to start his own religion."  While our modern day evengelists have not started their own religion, they have unquestionably improved on Hubbard's idea.  Capitalizing on Christianity has proved to be far more luicrative than starting a new religion.

Church use to be a place where you went to fellowship, receive the Word, and give God the praises that He deserves.  Now it seems more like a business.

mqueen, what are your expectations, and goal as to this book you want to write?

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Everything you mentioned so far has already been foretold, it isn't right, but nonetheless it is happening and we were told in the Bible itself that it would.
There are hundreds of thousands of Christian books that have been written, and don't misunderstand me, I myself have at least 300 of them, however, I do not use them to make any descisions or choices, the only book I turn to for guidance in every aspect of my life is God's Word, the Holy Bible. Many books have already been written concerning the very things that you have mentioned, but writing books or reading books won't change any of that. Only prayer and reading God's Word will. God's Word has the final authority, not what any man writes.
If you put 100 men in a room and asked them for their opinion concerning 1 single topic, chances are your results will be 100 different opinions and a lot of hurt egos.

2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 10:36:37 AM »

Capitalizing on Christianity has proved to be far more luicrative than starting a new religion.

This is the reason that most have for wanting to write another book. The Bible is all I need to let people know what they are doing wrong in some churches today. If you are having this problem in your church as you say then my question would be what are you doing about it besides wanting to write a book on the subject? Have you spoken out against using the word of God? Have you prayed about it? Have you attempted to bring the church back into the word of God?

If you are unable to do this perhaps you need to find a church that is not like that. There are still some around that are in the Word.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 11:48:22 AM »

Amen PR, you said it well. I can't understand why some people would think that advice given in any book written by any man or woman would be more compelling than the Word of God. It is so obvious that if some people will not obey to the Word of God, why would they want to even listen to someone else's opinions. The Bible is the only authority I need for every area of my life.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »

Mcqueen, look at the book of Revelations. The 7 Churches talked about, in Revelations 2-3. Everything that is going on with these Churches, can be found now in the world today. The Church at Ephesus, The Church at Smyrna, The Church at Pergamum, The Church at Thyatira, The Church at Sardis, The Church at Philadelphia, The Church at Laodicea

Yes these are the 7 Churches of Asia Minor. But there are clues to todays world here as well.

mqueen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »

Let's not kid ourselves.  Many people do not spend time in God's Word as they should, nor do they take heed.  They'd rather buy a book that will tell them some of the same things that the bible is saying, only that it's being experienced in today's society - and that's what gets their attention.

That's why the church is called a spiritual hospital.  Don't get me wrong, I am not want to tackle this project hoping that will solve the problem and that people will listen.  Nor am I trying to take anything from God's Word.  I really want to reach the newly saved so that they won't be in for a shock if they decide to start going to church or to give their lives to Christ.  I want to let them know what others are experiencing and that they do need to keep their eyes on God ONLY.  If I can bring out that what is in God's Word is actually happening RIGHT NOW, then hopefully that will get them to go to God's Word for counsel.

For their will be a time whem they will not put up with sound doctrine, but according to their own lust, theu will heap up for themselves teachers, tickling their ears, 2 Timothy 4:3

What's the reason that you purchase books?  Well that's probably the same reason why others would.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 04:26:55 PM »

What's the reason that you purchase books?  Well that's probably the same reason why others would.

I don't purchase other books other than the Bible. The only books that I have bought in the last 10 years has been school books for homeschooling children. I don't think the type of book you are talking about falls into that category.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 06:40:36 PM »

Mqueen, I understand what you say about many people not ever picking up their Bible. Some people think that as long as they have a Bible somewhere in their house they are safe. Some people just don't understand the Bible and the get furstrated, or they think that it contradicts itself, or they just form a very negative opinion about God. People first should be taught that God is Love, and that He is Immutable. He cannot contradict Himself, and He cannot lie. All these things are best taught to any person useing the Bible itself.

The problem with some books is that there are many writers and authors who have so  many different points of view that a person can be drawn away from the Bible.
Yes, I love to read, I have many books when I buy them I always make sure they do not contradict what the Bible says. Some books I can read just one sentence and be able to tell that is not for me. In any case, as the Bible says;

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The best place to learn is from God Himself.

As for all the things that happen in different churches nowadays, they have always happened. it is nothing new, it is also foretold  in the Book of Revelations as Dreamweaver pointed out.

I am not trying to discourage you mqueen, I am just pointing out a few things that you might want to take into consideration. If God leads you to write a Book, I would suggest you spend some time with Him everyday and ask Him to lead you and to give you the words and the wisdom to put the words together.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 02:08:32 PM »

Not to knock you mqueen or anything but I think that you will get more people's attention to what you want to get accross if you do it in a more positive manner.  You want to reach newer Christians right?  If new Christians or unbelievers read your book that has all the negitive hypocrites (which at some points we all can be) and see all this negitive stuff about Christianity, they will think boy why should I follow a religion like that.  The problem with people is that we are imperfect and we represent a perfect God.  We will never be perfect representitives.  Instead if you want to show something why not show God's love and how He handle's things when His children do things wrong.  I am reading the bible daily and it shows how God handles things.  Why not show instances where a person is doing something wrong and then through bible verses show how God would handle that problem.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 02:19:20 PM »

The problem with people is that we are imperfect and we represent a perfect God.  We will never be perfect representitives.  Instead if you want to show something why not show God's love and how He handle's things when His children do things wrong.  I am reading the bible daily and it shows how God handles things.  Why not show instances where a person is doing something wrong and then through bible verses show how God would handle that problem.

Amen sister Kris

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 03:12:49 PM »

L. Ron Hubbard once said, "Writing for a penny a word is rediculous.  if a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion."  While our modern day evengelists have not started their own religion, they have unquestionably improved on Hubbard's idea.  Capitalizing on Christianity has proved to be far more luicrative than starting a new religion.

Hi, I find it very interesting that you used a quote from L. Ron Hubbard, who indeed did found his own religion.....which is Scientology!!  Scientology charges people alot of money (thousands and thousands of dollars I understand) to go through their "programming".  All people really need to do is to read their Bible and sincerely seek to follow Christ.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:15:51 PM by Debp » Logged

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the