Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:50:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Answered Prayer (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God Sent Rain to Florida
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God Sent Rain to Florida  (Read 9788 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 11:53:48 PM »

Must be beautiful where you are Brother,
It is, beatiful here.

the closest I've seen to a mountain in Florida is a landfill.  Cheesy
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 11:56:54 PM »

The northern part then?? Close to the canyon??

Mid-eastern part. Do you remember where the Rodeo-Chediski fire was, in 2002? I am in that area.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 12:08:07 AM »

That's the area that I am not familiar with. I have been to Phoenix and the canyon and drove through from Calif on I10 then from Phoenix north on I17  to I40 then across to New Mexico quite a few times. I always stopped off at a restaurant in Flagstaff. Great food served there.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 12:35:34 AM »

The Rodeo-Chediski fire burnt, 467,000 acres of forest (734 square miles.)  And is suppose to be the 4th largest fire ever, in the United States.

The Rodeo-Chediski Fire started on June 18, 2002 and ended July 7, 2002. A member of the White Mountain Apache tribe is accused of starting the rodeo fire June 18 (which he admitted), two days late ear lost woman started another fire, the Chediski. The two fires merged within days and burned out of control for almost three weeks. At one point, the fire front stretched for 50 miles and had flames shooting hundreds of feet in the air. The Rodeo-Chediski fire forced the evacuation of an estimated 30,000 people, including residents of Show Low, Lakeside-Pinetop  in eastern Arizona. I was just north, of the evaculation area, by 1/2 mile.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 12:43:58 AM »

That was a huge fire brother. 50 miles wow. I remember about 7 years ago we had a lot of fires that were spreading and were hard to control. There were firemen here from as far north as NYC. It was so bad, that in the mornings instead of the usual green pollen on the cars, we had ashes. I'm not kidding, we were under water restrictions, and enve 4th of July celebrations were cancelled.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 12:53:25 AM »

We had firemen, hotshot crews from almost all 50 states.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 12:58:48 AM »

That had to be some fire DW. Sad

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 01:03:37 AM »

That had to be some fire DW. Sad
It was, very bad.

I hate to say this but, I'm heading off to bed. I have work I need to finish in the morning. And then try and get a little ahead.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 01:04:08 AM »

I remember the Cave Creek Complex fire there in Arizona last year. That one was supposedly the largest that ever hit the state.

I was in Calif when a lot of thise fires hit every year. Many times the Navy was called on to go help fight them. I never got volunteered for the duty myself. I went up into the mountains outside of San Diego though one time and almost got caught in the middle of one fire.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 01:20:16 AM »

It was, very bad.

I hate to say this but, I'm heading off to bed. I have work I need to finish in the morning. And then try and get a little ahead.

Ok Goodnight Brother, see ya tomorrow.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 01:30:59 AM »

Goodnight brother. Our prayers will be with you.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 04:06:12 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I think that many of us have been in the same boat, and I can add my thanks for some recent rain in Oklahoma. I don't remember what percentage of Oklahoma has been burned in recent months, but it's the worst that I can remember. I remember several times recently when there were as many as 7 fires within 20 miles of my home and once when there was 3 fires working within 2 to 3 miles of the city limits. I think that it's been a real rough year for fires in most of the surrounding states here, and many areas are still in bad need of rain.

My area of Oklahoma got rain several times in the last 3 weeks, and we are pretty much out of danger now for fires at least in my area of the state. We had been in drought conditions for quite some time, and our water supply was getting dangerously low. We were to the point of pumping water from 40 miles away. Recent rains have helped us a lot, and we might be able to stop pumping water if we get just a little bit more rain.

In short, I think that many of us take for granted our basic needs, and we need to give thanks for everything that GOD gives us. I think that many Christians everywhere are learning that prayer and thanks to GOD should be given every day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 3:14-19 NASB  For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 08:55:11 AM »

Amen Brother. We must always, pray asking God for our needs. Then praise, worship, and thank Him for Who He is, and what He has done.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 11:49:26 AM »

It's raining again today Hallelujah!!!!
So far we've had 3 hours of rain today. That's more rain than we've had in 3 months.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 11:56:09 AM »

We've had at least a light sprinkle if not more for the last seven days. The sun came out for the first time today for about an hour but we are expecting to get some more light thunderstorms this afternoon and tonight.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the