Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:29:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  Marriage
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marriage  (Read 8367 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 03:39:59 PM »

Hello Sister Terri,

I misunderstood and thought you were already safe and away from any further possible harm. Now I can't remember what made me think this. I will keep praying for you. Please do keep us posted when you can, but please don't put yourself in danger to do that.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 103:13 NASB  Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 08:02:32 PM »

My prayers are with you, sister.
Love in Christ,
Maria

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 08:21:33 PM »

Brothers & Sisters, I was raised in a two parent home, where Dad went to work an 8 hour a day job, and then do odds and ends on weekends such as taxiing people back and forth from the airport, painting, shoveling snow, repairing washing machines, and delivering groceries. And Mom stayed home and raised a family, and did the household chores. I am the second oldest of seven children. I fondly remember the whole family sitting, a little crowded, but sitting nonetheless together as a family at dinner time. I only recall one time when my mom and dad got into an argument, my dad put his hat on and walked out the door and my mom put her head down on her crossed arms on the table. I was so afraid, I had never seen my mom cry, but being the nosey little girl I was I crawled under the table so I could see my mom's face, and instead a tear from her eye fell on my cheek.

Here I was no more than 7 years old and I thought that the whole world was falling apart, at least my world was, the world I was raised in. I couldn't understand what was going on, I just wanted my mom to stop hurting. For a brief moment I felt anger at my dad for the very first time in my life that I can recall. I couldn't wait for him to come back so I could tell him off!!!

An hour had not even gone by yet, when my dad opened the door and stood there just looking lost. I noticed a drop in his eye and again nosey little me had to ask "Papi are you crying too?" Of course he said no it was rain, I didn't dare make him feel stupid so I didn't ask why his hat and coat weren't wet, and why was the drop coming out of his eye. At this moment my mom looked up at my dad, and he took her in his arms, and they just both hugged without any words being said.

This time it was me leaving the room with tears in my eyes, thinking to myself "That is how it should be." As the years went by I watched my mom and dad communicate back and forth with each other without even saying a word. I watched my dad work harder and longer to provide for his growing family and I watched my mom back him up in his descions. I would hear them talking quietly making plans and praying, and I just felt so much love for both of them. They really loved each other.

I learned by watching my dad, how a husband should treat his wife, how he should honor her and make her feel like she is the best thing that ever has happened to him. Love her and care for her tenderly.
I learned from watching my mom how a wife should also honor and respect her husband. How she should make him feel like he is her king. Nothing is more important to a man than to know that his wife is his number one fan and that she backs him up even if things don't always happen as they planned.

Yes, friends women are all mushy and love to be told they are beautiful and appreciated, they love to feel like their husbands have eyes for no one else but them. They love to be treated special.
And don't be fooled, sisters, as macho as our husbands may try to be, they too love to be told by their queen how wonderful they are, how proud of them they are, they love to be told how "buff" they are.
But more importantly both husband and wife need to know that each one is praying for the other.

When a husband and wife fail to let each other know how important they are and always will be in each others lives, the walls begin to build. For those of us that are married let us stop those invisible walls from going up.
Let us honor God, by honoring our Marriage Covenant.

Let us take the sound advice given to us in the following Scriptures.

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Col 3:18 ¶ Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

1Ti 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Tit 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, {sober: or, wise}

Tit 2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

1Pe 3:1 ¶ Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

1Pe 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Pr 18:22 ¶ Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 08:55:55 PM »

Amen sister.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 01:20:08 AM »

1Pe 3:1 Likewise, wives, be in subjection to your own husbands, so that if any do not obey the word, they may also be won without the word by the conduct of the wives, (MKJV)

1Pe 3:2 having witnessed your chaste behavior in the fear of God. (MKJV)

1Pe 3:1  IN LIKE manner, you married women, be submissive to your own husbands [subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and adapt yourselves to them], so that even if any do not obey the Word [of God], they may be won over not by discussion but by the [godly] lives of their wives,
1Pe 3:2  When they observe the pure and modest way in which you conduct yourselves, together with your reverence [for your husband; you are to feel for him all that reverence includes: to respect, defer to, revere him--to honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, and, in the human sense, to adore him, that is, to admire, praise, be devoted to, deeply love, and enjoy your husband]. (AMP)

A wife can exercise great power in the life of her husband without ever saying a word.

A godly wife also exercises great power in the life of her husband when she prays for him. This is, in my opinion a must

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 02:03:47 PM »

Eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. (KJV)

WBN

Our apostle having exhorted the Ephesians to such general duties as belong to all Christians, comes now to exhort them to the practice of relative duties, as they are members of societies, and particularly as they live in a family society one with another, as husbands and wives, parents and children, masters and servants; much of the life and power of religion appearing in the conscientious practice and performance of religious duties.

But first he gives them a general direction to  submit themselves one to another in the fear of God, that is, by yielding and mutually condescending to each other, stooping to the meanest office of love and kindness one towards another; and this in the fear of God, that is, either in obedience to the command of God, which enjoins this submission, for then we perform our duty one towards another acceptably, and as we ought, when we eye the command of God in what we do: or else in the fear of God, that is, making the fear of God the rule and measure of our submission one to another; for we are by no means bound to submit ourselves in order to the pleasing of our neighbours, any farther than is consistent with that subjection and obedience which we owe to God.

Learn hence, That where that noble and divine principle of the fear of God prevaileth in the heart, it will make a man conscientiously careful of his duty towards man: the fear of God in him will have both the force of a motive to quicken him up unto, and also of a rule to guide and direct him in, that submission, which, in obedience to God is due and payable to his neighbours. Having laid down this general rule, now he comes to press us to the practice of particular duties, Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands, & c.

Note here, He begins with the wife's duty first, before the husband's, probably because her duty of entire subjection is the most difficult duty, and that being conscientiously discharged, is a compelling motive to the husband to set about his duty in like manner.

Note, 2. The particular and special duty which the wife is exhorted to: and that is submission, Wives, submit yourselves. This supposes the wife's due esteem of, and her affectionate love unto, her husband, as the root of this submission.

Note, 3. The universality and extensive nature of the command: it is to all wives, to pay this tribute of subjection to their own husbands; no honour, superiority, or antecedent dignity in the wife, no personal infirmity, no moral infirmity, nay, no error in religion, can give a discharge from this obligation: there is no wife, whatever her birth and breeding, whatever her parts or privileges may be, that is exempted from this tie of subjection to her husband; for the law of nature, the ordinance of God, and her own voluntary covenant and promise in marriage, to oblige and bind her to it.

Yet, note, 4. The qualification and manner of this submission: it must be as unto the Lord; that is, in obedience to the command of the Lord, who has given the husband power over the wife, and required and will reward, her obedience to him; or else, as unto the Lord, it pointeth out a similitude, and likeness, and resemblance, in the wife's subjection to the husband, with that which they owe to Christ the Lord; that is, it must not be feigned, but sincere; it must not be constrained, but willing, from a complacency taken in the doing of this duty.

And lastly, as unto the Lord, that is, in all lawful things; the wife is by no means to obey the husband in any commands which are contrary to that submissive obedience which she owes to Christ, her supreme Lord. Now, with this limitation, the wife, in subjecting herself to her husband, is subject unto the Lord.

Note, 5. The reason given by the Holy Ghost for enforcing this duty of submissive obedience upon wives, For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church, & c. that is, the wife ought to submit herself to her husband, because,

1. He is her head; and, 2. Therein doth resemble Christ's headship over his church.

Observe here, That this metaphor of an head, applied to the husband, denotes both the dignity and duty of the husband: it implies his eminency by reason of his sex; it implies his authority to govern and direct, as the head has power to guide and govern the whole body; and it points out his duty, as well as his dignity: as the head is the seat of wisdom and knowledge, so husbands should be endowed with greater measures of knowledge, and prudence, to enable them to guide and govern in the place God has set them.

And further, the apostle would have wives consider and observe that God will have some resemblance of Christ's authority over the church, held forth in the husband's authority over the wife. Is Christ an head of dominion and direction also to his church? so should the husband be to his wife. Doth Christ exercise his dominion and power over the church, not rigidly and tyrannically, but with meekness and gentleness? so should the husband rule.

In a word, is Christ the Saviour of the body meritoriously? so should the husband be ministeriously, to defend the wife from injuries, to supply her necessities, and to improve his whole power and authority over her for her good.

Note, 6. The manner of this subjection specified and declared: as the church is subject, so let the wife be subject. Is the church subject to Christ willingly, cheerfully, dutifully, delightfully? so let the wife be subject. Doth the church subject itself to Christ universally? so let the wife be subject in all things; not absolutely in all things, but in all things lawful, godly, and honest; nothing is excepted out of the wife's subjection to her husband, but that which is contrary to her duty to him who commanded this subjection; when there appears little discretion in the husband's command, then there will appear a great sense of duty in the wife's obedience.

See Also:

Php 2:3; 1Pe 5:5
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 02:07:16 PM by airIam2worship » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the