Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:29:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WE THE NIGHT OWLS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WE THE NIGHT OWLS  (Read 16119 times)
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2006, 08:53:27 AM »

Hello Armorus,

Brother, I'm a retired police officer and worked 25 years of shift work, so I wouldn't know how to define "normal sleep".   Cheesy  I just give thanks for getting some rest whenever it might be, night or day.

I just came from your blog, and I really enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed your testimony for our LORD and SAVIOUR. I hope and pray that many people will read it and be encouraged.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 10:8-10 NASB  "All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Brother Tom,
Thanks so much for the encouragement and the prayers.  I actually started the blog for myself, so I could reflect back on my walk with our Savior.  I never really thought people would read and better yet, make comments.  It is a blessing of the Lord. I posted on the witnessing board that I always had trouble speaking to people.  I would stumble over words and thoughts.  I never was one to go out and witness (although at that time I don't think I understood just how awesome the Lord was) so the Lord simply brought the people to me, brought the conversation up and I just prayed that I would say the right thing.  The Lord is Great!  I pray the same that if it is the will of GOD people will read and be encouraged. 

I worked shift work while in college during my summer breaks about ten years ago.  It was a hard life to get use to.  I do hope your enjoying your retirement.

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2006, 08:56:33 AM »

your retirement.

AM can you please define retirement???
Does it mean getting tired again Huh   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2006, 09:40:14 AM »

Hi Am, Some of us don't sleep well because of challanges we face every day. I rarely sleep more then 3-4 hours, if I'm lucky. So those of us with these conditions, allow the Lord to carry us through each day.
AM, if it wasn't for the grace and tender mercy of God, some of us wouldn't be able to be here very much at all.
He is my Strength.

Brothers and Sisters,
May you all be blessed and may others be encouraged by the work you do and the testimony you have given concerning our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Keep up the great work!

Rev 7:16 - 17 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.  For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

AM can you please define retirement???
Does it mean getting tired again Huh   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

LOL Cheesy

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2006, 10:52:43 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,
May you all be blessed and may others be encouraged by the work you do and the testimony you have given concerning our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Keep up the great work!

Rev 7:16 - 17 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.  For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Thank you AM, may God bless you too  Wink

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2006, 01:01:03 AM »

Brother Tom,
Thanks so much for the encouragement and the prayers.  I actually started the blog for myself, so I could reflect back on my walk with our Savior.  I never really thought people would read and better yet, make comments.  It is a blessing of the Lord. I posted on the witnessing board that I always had trouble speaking to people.  I would stumble over words and thoughts.  I never was one to go out and witness (although at that time I don't think I understood just how awesome the Lord was) so the Lord simply brought the people to me, brought the conversation up and I just prayed that I would say the right thing.  The Lord is Great!  I pray the same that if it is the will of GOD people will read and be encouraged. 

I worked shift work while in college during my summer breaks about ten years ago.  It was a hard life to get use to.  I do hope your enjoying your retirement.

Hello Amorus,

I'm positive that there are millions of people on the Internet, and many of them are seekers for the things that trouble them. Being without JESUS in their lives is always the biggest one, so I give thanks for every Christian who makes material available to help these poor people still in the misery of sin and darkness. I know that there are some horrible things on the Internet, but I also know that God's Word and HIS plan of Salvation are all over the Internet. I give thanks for every effort and I always think about the Promise of God that HIS WORD will never return void. We will never know how many people are helped or saved because of the work of so many Christians on the Internet, but God's Promise to use it is more than sufficient for me.

I'm reflecting right now on thoughts that GOD has work for all of us to do if we just listen, pray, and yield. HIS WORD tells us that HE will equip us if HE sends us, and HE will be with us for whatever task HE wants us to do. I know that the big part of this is prayer and wanting to yield to God for HIS use. There is always joy when we do. God calls all of us for different things, and I'm convinced that using the Internet is one of God's tools.

You asked me about retirement. I am disabled, but I'm having a wonderful retirement. I have a ton of fun and joy in being a grandpa and serving the LORD. I have the time now to do all kinds of things I couldn't when I was working long hours. I spend the majority of my time in trying to be a good servant of the LORD. I fail pretty often and have to pray for more help from God, but the BEST Boss in the universe is GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Peter 1:3 NASB  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2006, 07:11:45 AM »

Hello Amorus,

I'm positive that there are millions of people on the Internet, and many of them are seekers for the things that trouble them. Being without JESUS in their lives is always the biggest one, so I give thanks for every Christian who makes material available to help these poor people still in the misery of sin and darkness. I know that there are some horrible things on the Internet, but I also know that God's Word and HIS plan of Salvation are all over the Internet. I give thanks for every effort and I always think about the Promise of God that HIS WORD will never return void. We will never know how many people are helped or saved because of the work of so many Christians on the Internet, but God's Promise to use it is more than sufficient for me.

I'm reflecting right now on thoughts that GOD has work for all of us to do if we just listen, pray, and yield. HIS WORD tells us that HE will equip us if HE sends us, and HE will be with us for whatever task HE wants us to do. I know that the big part of this is prayer and wanting to yield to God for HIS use. There is always joy when we do. God calls all of us for different things, and I'm convinced that using the Internet is one of God's tools.

You asked me about retirement. I am disabled, but I'm having a wonderful retirement. I have a ton of fun and joy in being a grandpa and serving the LORD. I have the time now to do all kinds of things I couldn't when I was working long hours. I spend the majority of my time in trying to be a good servant of the LORD. I fail pretty often and have to pray for more help from God, but the BEST Boss in the universe is GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Peter 1:3 NASB  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

I agree with you Tom. Although the internet has its very dark sides it also has its blessings.  The Lord has allowed us to come into fellowship with brothers and sisters who are a great distance away, most of who are different sides of the country and some are on different sides of the world.  That is really a blessing.  I think sometimes I take that for granted. To know that I have the possibility to fellowship with someone in Africa while I'm here in Pennsylvania is overwhelmingly fantastic, not to mention those who are questioning and searching for answers have the true answers before them.  I pray that their eyes will be opened.
I'm glad your enjoying retirement and getting to spend time with the Lord and your family.  I know watching my own parents that their grandchildren have brought them lots of joy, and children have a really neat way of teaching us as we help them grow.
Brother, we all fall short of the glory of the Lord.  I have learned so much from my mistakes, especially forgiveness.  I have had some situations in my life that without this understanding would have turned my back on.  That, in turn with lots of prayer, have  shaped into the best situations of my life.  I praise God for that.  Yes, I must say that serving the Lord is one "full time job" that I am blessed to be a part of!

Blessings!
-Am-

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2006, 02:55:08 AM »

AMEN both to y'all.... Brothers Tom and -Am-. And on that note I pray y'all have a great day. I myself am now, heading off to bed. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2006, 05:11:44 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

First, Dreamweaver, I'll a little bit late, but sleep well.

I've just spent over two hours in reading posts here and looking up some of the Bible references that were used. I received a blessing from this, and I pray that many others are blessed with the posts on Christians Unite.

I was just thinking about Christians in general. It's true that we have a difficult path in this evil world and many challenges to face, but the ultimate reality is that we belong to JESUS. We should concentrate on this fact continually, and it will put us in the proper frame of mind to give thanks and continue our short journey here with HIS strength.

For God's children, our reality is much different than the world's. Not only do we belong to JESUS, but JESUS owns every day, hour, and second. We should continually give thanks and know that "every day is another wonderful day that the LORD has made - let us be glad and rejoice in it."

Brothers and Sisters, let's keep our eyes on JESUS, praise HIM, proclaim HIS name, and yield to HIS will in all things. It should be difficult to get that smile off of a Christian's face simply because of all we have to give thanks for.  ESPECIALLY:

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Titus 3:4-7 NASB  But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2006, 07:19:16 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

First, Dreamweaver, I'll a little bit late, but sleep well.

I've just spent over two hours in reading posts here and looking up some of the Bible references that were used. I received a blessing from this, and I pray that many others are blessed with the posts on Christians Unite.

I was just thinking about Christians in general. It's true that we have a difficult path in this evil world and many challenges to face, but the ultimate reality is that we belong to JESUS. We should concentrate on this fact continually, and it will put us in the proper frame of mind to give thanks and continue our short journey here with HIS strength.

For God's children, our reality is much different than the world's. Not only do we belong to JESUS, but JESUS owns every day, hour, and second. We should continually give thanks and know that "every day is another wonderful day that the LORD has made - let us be glad and rejoice in it."

Brothers and Sisters, let's keep our eyes on JESUS, praise HIM, proclaim HIS name, and yield to HIS will in all things. It should be difficult to get that smile off of a Christian's face simply because of all we have to give thanks for.  ESPECIALLY:

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Titus 3:4-7 NASB  But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

AMEN!!!!!!

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2006, 08:00:26 AM »

Amorus it seems to me like you are now an official night owl at CU  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I've, been on a roll these last few days, go to sleep about 2 and get up around 6 WOW Shocked Shocked Shocked I've been getting 4 hours of sleep uninterrrupted sleep at that. I just hope I don't lose my night owl status  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2006, 09:45:31 AM »

Amorus it seems to me like you are now an official night owl at CU  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I've, been on a roll these last few days, go to sleep about 2 and get up around 6 WOW Shocked Shocked Shocked I've been getting 4 hours of sleep uninterrrupted sleep at that. I just hope I don't lose my night owl status  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Another Amen Amorus and Beps.

Sister,

Even night owls snooze awhile during the night. I think your night owl status is safe.   Wink Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2006, 09:53:49 AM »

Another Amen Amorus and Beps.

Sister,

Even night owls snooze awhile during the night. I think your night owl status is safe.   Wink Grin

*whew* thanks PR, the last thing I would need is not to live up to the thread I strated cause I couldn't sleep  Grin Grin Grin Grin

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2006, 09:24:02 PM »

Blessed is the man who is too busy to worry in the daytime and too sleepy to worry at night. -Anonymous

Cheesy Cheesy           Cheesy Cheesy          Cheesy Cheesy

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2006, 11:36:53 PM »

Blessed is the man who is too busy to worry in the daytime and too sleepy to worry at night. -Anonymous

Cheesy Cheesy           Cheesy Cheesy          Cheesy Cheesy
AMEN sister!!

Hand all your worries to the Lord only the Lord knows, the truth of the problem. -Anonymous

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the