Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:01:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I am going to Northern Ireland for ministry in June.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am going to Northern Ireland for ministry in June.  (Read 4021 times)
Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2006, 04:41:45 PM »

I have ministered to many over the years, using the good Lord's trials and tribulations in my life to help others. I have helped rape victims, drug addicts and bereaved parents--all because God had let me go through these trials myself, saved me from them and then guided me to help others that were lost in the dark place I once had been.

I had England on my heart, and really believed that was where I was meant to go to help others. I have wanted to do missionary work for years, but couldn't find an opportunity to do so. I have 5 children; two have autism and one has mild CP. I was separated and a single parent for almost 5 years, until God restored my marriage over a year ago. God has been faithful to us in so many ways.

After refusing the first, second and third request to go to Northern Ireland, I went out to pray. I heard, quite firmly, "This is not your choice of places to go, but it is mine". I immediately wrote the mission leader back and told her that, after praying I knew this is where God wanted me to work for Him.

I am at the sponsor stage now. If anyone has done missionary work, could they give me some hints on how to find sponsors? I sent out emails to all my friends back home, but got no responses. I am new to Kansas and know very few people here. Our church is not a wealthy church, by any means, and the congregation is mostly inner city people. I have no clue on how to get sponsors, so any ideas would be most welcome.

I know God will provide, for He wants me to go. I found myself worrying about the funds last night, with May now here, and heard, quite clear, "Be Still and know that I am God".

He will find a way to get me there, to help children in this place where hatred is part of their every day life! Jesus will fill their hearts, and I pray to be a good vessel for Him, changing lives in His name!

God Bless!
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 04:46:48 PM »

Hello Kelly and welcome to Christian Unite forums. I will pray for your ministery, in northern Ireland. My ancestors come from northern Ireland, in Londonberry county. But thats back in 1752 they left.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 04:54:46 PM »

Hi again Kelly and welcome to Christians Unite. I will join in prayer for you and your missionary work. Sponsors are usually gained through an organization for Missionaries. Check with your local church. They should already have the information. It is also done by contacting different churches asking them to sponsor you. These churches, if interested, will usually want to talk with you and may even ask you to come to the church to tell about your mission.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the