Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:01:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I think I did the right thing, HELP!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I think I did the right thing, HELP!  (Read 2563 times)
babybear1980

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2006, 03:15:54 AM »

My boyfriend of nearly 3 years and I had a big fight, at least I thought so. So because I needed someone to talk to, I went to the Pastor at our church for sound, biblical advice. When I told my boyfriend where I had been, he got angry, saying that I alienated him from the church by dragging them into our business. If I can't go to my Pastor and my church family for advice, who CAN I turn to? Was I wrong, should I have tried to work it out with him first?
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 10:11:49 AM »

My boyfriend of nearly 3 years and I had a big fight, at least I thought so. So because I needed someone to talk to, I went to the Pastor at our church for sound, biblical advice. When I told my boyfriend where I had been, he got angry, saying that I alienated him from the church by dragging them into our business. If I can't go to my Pastor and my church family for advice, who CAN I turn to? Was I wrong, should I have tried to work it out with him first?

Babybear, first of all I would like to welcome you to CU. I pray you will visit us often.
Sister you did absolutely nothing wrong, I would have done the same thing if I felt I needed counsel and advice from a man or woman of God who would be able to guide me in the right direction.
You say this young man has been your boyfriend for 3 years, has he been attending church as long as you have? Sister sometimes men think they are weak if they don't have total control over everything that involves them, especially in their personal life. They don't want to seem like they are weak, what they don't understand is that sometimes they need counsel from a more mature Chrsitian, it doesn't always have to be a Pastor or a Minister, personally, I would prefer to speak with a pastor or a minister, they are more qualified and they are more discreet, and they are sincerely interested in the spiritual well being of their flock.
Everyone reacts in different ways, you probably know your boyfriend well enough to be able to explain to him that you felt the need for spiritual guidance in that particular area, and that does not mean that you were demeaning him in any way, or that you were putting out your problems to be seen by all.
Maybe now would be a good time for you to really weigh the pros and cons of this relationship, and go straight to your prayer closet and let God know, even though He already knows, let Him know how you feel and give it all to Him allow God to guied you, and Sister, even if you don't agree with what the Lord may lead you to do, (it might mean to separate yourself from your boyfriend for a while) please follow God's counsel, you can never go wrong by following HIM.
satan tries to separate us from going to God or to the men God has placed in charge of taking care of His sheep, by using tactics such as anger, threats, and control.
Recognize the enemies tactics, don't let any of them separate you from the love of God which is the first love.
In closing please be assured that you did what you felt you had to do and you went to the person/s God has set in place for you to get advice from. Continue to pray for your boy friend and please think about this, 'if he has reacted this way while he is yet your boyfriend, how would he react if you and he were to get married?'.
You may PM me if you wish.
God bless you sister, and I am praying for you.
Your sister in Christ,
Maria.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 12:08:38 PM »

Hello babybear1980, and welcome to Christians Unite forums. By the way, don't let the name fool you, I am a guy. Cheesy

First off, your b-f should know that anything told to your Pastor, is in confidence. The Pastor won't say nothing, to any other members. No you are not wrong, to go to your Pastor. If your b-f is a Christian, which I would doubt, he wouldn't have a problem.

Remember one thing sister, God loves his own. You are one of Gods children.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 01:58:47 PM »

If you did all you could to resolve the situation and was not able to or you simply did not know the appropriate action to take then you did the right thing. To have gone without Godly councill would have been wrong.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
babybear1980

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 12:00:45 AM »

Thanks you guys. As far as him being christian, he is but we are both new christians that are trying to get rid of old habits and find ourselves stumbling This last fight we had was over something trivial that I seem to have a problem with and found out today i get that from my mom. The results of my actions and his temper was part of the old habits he is trying to change and he also stumbled last night. I just ask that you all keep us in your prayers. Thanks for all the support. Wink
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 12:10:06 AM »

Babybear, we are all here to help you. Yes I will be praying for both of you.

your sister in Christ,
Maria

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 01:31:03 AM »

Babybear, I will be praying for both of you.

babybear1980

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 09:06:10 PM »

Grin Cheesy   
Thank you all for your prayers, we have worked things out and are moving on with our life. Looking back over the whole situation, i can see where i over reacted and made some impulse decisions. I just ask that you all continue to pray for us not only in our relationship with each other, but also in our relationship with God as we are still new at it and Satan has been working mighty hard at breaking us down. Thanks again.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 04:38:08 PM »

Stay strong in The Lord, Babybear!  When I first turned my life over to Christ, Satan worked hard to deceive me; appealing to my old ways ~ anger being one of them.  Now if I feel my ire going up over anything, yet alone trivia, I remember how Jesus was ridiculed, beaten, spat upon and betrayed ~ yet never got angry.  In fact, He asked His Father to forgive us!  Patience is a gift of the Spirit, but it takes a strong character to remain silent in anger . . . I pray that your walk with the Lord stays straight and that you become longsuffering in your journey.  You alone are accountable to God ~ your boyfriend has to stand on his own.

Blessings ~

TalkerCat

WELCOME TO CHRISTIANS UNITE!

Jessie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 05:00:30 PM »

Baby,
I would have done the same thing! No worries, my sister. Everytime i have a problem i go running to my Pastor and my bible. His number is on speed dial!

It's going to be tough for both your guys adjusting to your new life in Christ while battleing all the old demons. Good luck! And remember....love is a verb.

"One man's wrong lead, is another man's counter canter."
Renuka Masih

I'm His Masterpiece

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 04:54:21 AM »

No doubt you did the right thing
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 05:07:47 PM »

No doubt you did the right thing
Amen
Hello Renuka, Welcome to Christians Unite, we have many wonderful sweet Christians here, I know you will enjoy you visits, I look forward to reading more of your posts

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the