Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Worship is one of the most important aspects.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worship is one of the most important aspects.  (Read 7224 times)
RoughDiamond

I'm a rough diamond, Jesus is still working on me!

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2003, 05:49:45 AM »

I believe that worship is one of the most important aspects of faith! I believe that in the end of times we are not only measured by our faith in Jesus Christ but also by our worship. But when we truly believe in Jesus with a genuine heart, worship comes automatically.

Revelation, Chapter 11
1: And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2: But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

I think that living with Jesus is a live of worship.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2003, 05:52:04 AM by RoughDiamond » Logged

Isaiah, Chapter 9
6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
John the Baptist
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 10:08:16 PM »

Hi, John here: 'i' agree! Worship is a FULL CONSEPT!
When we go publick to Worship, surely we want to look our best fot the Master. (not self)
And surely we would want to worship on the day that He Blessed and set aside.

About your verse? The 144000 are measured (JUDGED) from Virgin 'Spiritual' Israel FIRST. See 1 Peter 4:17. (Or the Remnant from the 2 Thess. 2:1-3 Falling Away) Same as Rev. 7, and the large number in verse 9? These ones are TESTED lastly as 'professed' Christians by the Mark of the Beast. Most of the world will follow the Beast, yet many will not!

This is the way that i see it.

---John
I believe that worship is one of the most important aspects of faith! I believe that in the end of times we are not only measured by our faith in Jesus Christ but also by our worship. But when we truly believe in Jesus with a genuine heart, worship comes automatically.

Revelation, Chapter 11
1: And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2: But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

I think that living with Jesus is a live of worship.
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 12:51:23 AM »

I believe that worship is one of the most important aspects of faith!

You're quite correct. The way to look at worship is to ask ourselves "What is the ONLY OCCUPATION of the saints and angels in heaven?" It's worship (Rev. 4-5).

What has been hidden from many is the fact that when we come to worship, we come as King-Priests before the throne of grace, washed in the blood of the Lamb and clothed with the righteousness of Christ.  In other words we come as *perfect* and therefore bring our sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving through the Holy Spirit.

Before we can do that we must wash in the laver of God's Word, examine our hearts, confess our sins, genuinely repent, and be in complete fellowship with the Godhead (1 John 1:1-10).

Also worship cannot be dissociated from the Lord's Supper. According to Scripture, the Lord's Supper is a weekly Remembrance Feast (1) to remember His great sacrifice, (2) to commune with the Lord, (3) to comune with the saints, and above all (4) to worhsip.  One loaf represents union and communion.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
RoughDiamond

I'm a rough diamond, Jesus is still working on me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 06:57:59 AM »

Yes, you are right. I got a question for you... what do you think the last verse means?

1 Corinthians, Chapter 11
   23: For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
   24: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
   25: After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
   26: For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
   27: Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

Isaiah, Chapter 9
6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
John the Baptist
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 09:18:20 AM »

Yes, you are right. I got a question for you... what do you think the last verse means?

It means as 1 John 5:16-17 says. The starting of sin is not the sin  unto death, the [finished] work of any sin, is DEATH. Doing evil work knowingly is violating 27. Even being 'yoked in membership with known false doctrine' we become PARTAKERS & have the sure END results of the said verse in time. Rev. 18:4.

When any continued known sin is 'concieved' and then 'finished', its last act or ending 'bringeth forth death'. See James 1:14-15. And see David in Psalms 19:13 for the DANGER of presumptious sins! (known beforehand ones) How close he might have came to such an act, before conversion came, one does not know? Yet, in the latter years the book of Psalms followed with a Born Again message!

---John

1 Corinthians, Chapter 11
   23: For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
   24: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
   25: After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
   26: For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
   27: Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the