Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:48:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A NATION WITHOUT GOD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A NATION WITHOUT GOD  (Read 1370 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

A NATION WITHOUT GOD
(Proverbs 14:34)

When the drafters of the Declaration of Independence wrote, "We hold these truths to be self-evident," they were writing of the kind of phaneros en autois ("evident in themselves") truths the apostle Paul was writing of in Romans 1:19. As a matter of fact, in Romans 1:20, the words tois poiemasin nooumena kathoratai ("by means of things that are made, are understood, being clearly seen") are the exact equivalent to "self-evident." Paul uses both of these phrases in the context of what men know naturally by natural revelation, apart from the special revelation revealed in God's Word. According to Paul, what can be known about God apart from the Bible is known by all men, because He causes them to know it. Therefore, all men are without excuse. But, although men know the truth, the Bible tells us they are bent on suppressing it in unrighteousness (cf. Romans 1:18). In other words, we can't expect our opponents to be honest. If they have to lie about this nation being founded upon the principle that there is a "law above the law" (i.e., God's law above man's law), then they will lie. For example, during the bicentennial celebration of the U.S. Constitution in 1987, I was appalled when, watching the proceedings on television, I heard the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance with "under God" left out.

This is made even more appalling when one considers that Thomas Jefferson, who a secularist would proudly call his own, is reported to have said: "The God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" Doesn't this sound like Jefferson thought the nation he was instrumental in founding ought to be a nation under God?

Furthermore, as recently as 1952, in Zorach v. Clauson, U.S. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas wrote, "We are a religious people whose institutions presuppose a Supreme Being." If an extremely liberal Supreme Court justice can understand this, then why is it becoming so difficult for people to understand that ours is a nation that was founded by our forefathers to be under God? In truth, it would not be difficult at all if it were not for those who "suppress the truth in unrighteousness."

In Psalm 11:3, the question is asked, "If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" Of course, when the foundations are destroyed, the righteous are made a prey of the wicked. Consequently, the very purpose of government is the protection of the righteous or law abiding. In other words, Government is ordained by God as a mechanical remedy against evil (cf. Romans 13:1-7). Thomas Jefferson clearly understood this principle, and so must we if we are to keep the "unalienable rights" endowed us by "our Creator." Jesus Christ is sovereign of the universe. Consequently, His law is above all laws and all men everywhere are subject to His authority. Many earthly authorities have not understood this. Consequently, they have not heeded the wise counsel of the psalmist, who said: "Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish in the way" (Psalm 2:11,12).

Currently, the political walls of atheistic communism seem to be crumbling. Perhaps we are privileged to be observing His divine providence at work in these matters. But, even if we are not, let the men and women of all nations soberly reflect upon the eminent advice of Proverbs 14:34, "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people."

The reproach (i.e., disgrace and shame) openly being manifested in America today is indicative of the fact that we are quickly becoming a nation without God. Frankly, what this means is that the continued existence of this country is at stake. It may be that God usually judges individuals at the end of time, but the Bible clearly teaches that He judges nations in time. In Romans 1, the apostle Paul gives the four step decline in the history of the nation that forgets God:

1. A nation rejects God,
   2. it turns to false religion,
   3. it becomes bogged down in immorality and violence,
   4. and then God judges it.

Consequently, a nation without God is a nation in serious trouble.

As a people (I'm speaking now of God's people), let us be actively engaged in doing justice and righteousness, and let us be praying that there is still enough salt left to preserve the blessings of God upon this nation.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 12:32:28 PM »

A NATION WITHOUT GOD
(Proverbs 14:34)

The reproach (i.e., disgrace and shame) openly being manifested in America today is indicative of the fact that we are quickly becoming a nation without God. Frankly, what this means is that the continued existence of this country is at stake. It may be that God usually judges individuals at the end of time, but the Bible clearly teaches that He judges nations in time. In Romans 1, the apostle Paul gives the four step decline in the history of the nation that forgets God:

1. A nation rejects God,
   2. it turns to false religion,
   3. it becomes bogged down in immorality and violence,
   4. and then God judges it.

Consequently, a nation without God is a nation in serious trouble.

As a people (I'm speaking now of God's people), let us be actively engaged in doing justice and righteousness, and let us be praying that there is still enough salt left to preserve the blessings of God upon this nation.

Amen Pastor Roger, all Christians should be praying for our nation, we should all be praying that God will uproot those in power that are against Him and establish more Bible believing Christians in their places.
We should be praying that organizations like ACLU, Pro Abortionists and those that want to defile the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman, be removed.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 12:33:41 PM »

Amen Pastor Roger, all Christians should be praying for our nation, we should all be praying that God will uproot those in power that are against Him and establish more Bible believing Christians in their places.
We should be praying that organizations like ACLU, Pro Abortionists and those that want to defile the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman, be removed.

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 04:05:58 PM »

Add another AMEN sister Maria.

Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 07:52:04 PM »

Sadly, I have watched this country change to become more "politically correct" over the past 20 or more years. I remember the debate back home, In Lowell, Mass. because City Hall put up the Nativity Set every year at Christmas. This was a tradition that went on from the early 1800's. It didn't offend the Jewish Synagogue across the street. It didn't offend anyone, in the melting pot city. Then, Buddhists and Muslims moved in. The debate began. Within a year, the Nativity set was not allowed to be placed outside of City Hall ever again.

If my right eye offends thee..pluck it out. Well, there is too much plucking these days. I am offended by the Buddhist alter that I drive by all the time, sitting right on my route. However, I have learned one master plan--don't look! I don't call the ACLU about it. I just drive by and look elsewhere. I do pray that Jesus will find a way into their hearts, but I don't scream about it offending me. I have the choice to look away. I do so.

I remember having a moment of silence before saluting the flag as a child. That moment of silence wasn't aimed at one religion. It was aimed at all faiths. You could think about lunch if you didn't believe in God. You could pray if you did. It was SILENCE, and offended no one. Now, it is not part of the schools any more, and the pledge is also eliminated in many schools, eventually hitting all of them. (Try doing that in Iran and see how easily you would get away with not standing up for your country).  Anyway, we didn't have guns in school. We had many races, but we all got along. There was no gang violence. We didn't have trench coat guys that came in and shot up the cafeteria (we did have a trench coat guy, but it was the inner city and I won't even go there, as to what he did with his trench coat). We all got along. We didn't have to lock the school doors, or put alarm systems in. We did just fine.

Now, with all these freedoms (which are mostly NON CHRISTIAN freedoms), we have violence and hatred everywhere. The news is flooded with hate and violence.

It isn't just here in America, either. England, for many years had Christianity taught in public schools. Now, many of the schools have gone to teaching religion--every type of religion, from Muslim to Buddhism. All of our countries that are FREE, are turning CHRISTIAN free these days. We, as Christians have fewer and fewer rights.

In God we trust! One nation, under God. Praise Jesus!

Boy, I am glad I found this board. I just love to go on rants! Smiley

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 08:15:12 PM »

AMEN, Rant away sister. I love to hear someone rant in that manner. Yes our nation was founded on Christian principles and freedoms not what the atheists and muslims wish it to be. There is a movement and has been for quite some time to remove Christianity and God from our country and our history. In God's time all that will be changed and these people will have to answer for their Godlessness.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 12:22:48 AM »

Amen and Amen!

This is a subject near and dear to my heart, and it make me feel good to know there are many other Christians who feel the same way that I do.

Sister Kelly4Jesus, I've been down sick and haven't had a chance to welcome you yet.  So, WELCOME!! After reading your post, I'm thinking that you are much like most of our regulars and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Brothers and Sisters, I really hope that we keep standing up and speaking up. I pray that GOD gives us the strength and determination to do just that. More Christians are standing up and there is reason for optimism. I think there are already some excellent rants in this thread, so I'll simply say that the ACLU and Planned Parenthood won't have anything to do with raising my grandchildren if I have anything to say about it. AND, I do have something to say about it:  NO!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 22:6 NASB  Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 12:32:11 AM »

Don't forget when speaking of the ACLU that you are also talking about Muslims. They are the same cup of bitter tea.

A cup that is doomed to be broken.

Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 07:13:48 AM »

Amen and amen to all of you! And, thank you so much for the welcome to my brothers and sisters in Christ!

My son came home from public school the other day, and told me about something they found in the playground at school. Someone had taken a Holy Bible and smashed it, kicked it, tore it, ripped it apart! Now, we are in the bible belt, per se and there is a Christian church on almost every corner of our town of Overland Park, KS. However, we are also loaded with Muslims. Although I have met many of this faith here, and found them to be very respectful and nice people, obviously some kids didn't feel the same way. I am not putting blame on anyone but, it is obvious that the parents of children that would do this to a bible were not brought up with respect, let alone the very thought of destroying such a book of our Lord! I was disgusted and told him how I felt about it--how wrong it was and how we, as Christians would not do such a thing to someone else's religious beliefs.

This world is getting worse. As our governments find more freedoms and civil rights, the laws, first set down by Moses and then, reinforced by Jesus are being trampled on, just as this bible was. Case in point: My daughter from God, Bekah is in prison for trying to get protection for her daughter, and did this on a Christian basis. Yet, the same time she was imprisoned, pedophiles were set free on ankle bracelets. I just don't understand, but I am praying and speaking out. I think everyone from Senator's to the Queen of England now have my name on their books--that is how many I have written in the past 3 months!

And I am just beginning!

God Bless!
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 09:33:32 AM »

Although I have met many of this faith here, and found them to be very respectful and nice people, obviously some kids didn't feel the same way. I am not putting blame on anyone but, it is obvious that the parents of children that would do this to a bible were not brought up with respect, let alone the very thought of destroying such a book of our Lord

Many of the Muslims appear that way, yet at the same time teach that anyone that does not beleive as they do are dirt beneath their feet. Their children learn to hate as taught from the Quaran and not to love as Jesus teaches us. I know this first hand also. Even the "peaceful" Muslims believe that one day Sharia law will be implemented over all and it is their duty as Muslims to do all they can to help in that process one way or another.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the