Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:15:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What TV Show Would You Bring Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What TV Show Would You Bring Back  (Read 33123 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »

I haven't seen that one but I did go to the  National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum that is in Oklahoma City and the Will Rogers museum that is also in Oklahoma.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2007, 07:50:06 AM »

Hello Debp,

YES, I remember watching Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. I also remember their work with children and their Christian testimony for CHRIST. In fact, I've heard several beautiful testimonies from Dale Evans over the last several years. I know that Roy went home to be with the LORD some time ago, but I think that Dale is still with us and serving the LORD. Roy and Dale used to do a lot of Christian music in my part of the country. In fact, I think that's how they got started. If you think back, you might remember that they had a singing group on the show pretty frequently. The name of the group was "The Sons of the Pioneers", and they also did a lot of beautiful Christian music. If I remember correctly, the Sons of the Pioneers worked with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans long before and long after the television show.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 1:23 NASB  "BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2007, 08:28:08 AM »

I remember a few of the songs by the Sons of the Pioneers. It's easy to remember them as we just got a CD of them for one of my grandsons. "There's A Round-up In The Sky", "Rounded Up In Glory" and one that is great with just about anybody singing it, "The Old Rugged Cross".

Yes, the Sons of the Pioneers were with Roy for many, many years. In fact it was Roy that formed the group before he was even known as Roy Rogers.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2007, 10:54:09 AM »

I love listening to the Sons of the Pioneers Sing. They have beautiful harmony and a style that makes them unique. I'll say that they were "down-home" type folks who made you comfortable, and you really wanted to hear them sing. Maybe I should have said that they seemed like neighbors and plain folks liked them. Once you've heard them sing, it's hard to ever forget them, and their music will never go out of style.

I don't know how many of the original group are still living. I'm wanting to say that they became popular in the 40s.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2007, 11:05:00 PM »

I love listening to the Sons of the Pioneers Sing. They have beautiful harmony and a style that makes them unique. I'll say that they were "down-home" type folks who made you comfortable, and you really wanted to hear them sing. Maybe I should have said that they seemed like neighbors and plain folks liked them. Once you've heard them sing, it's hard to ever forget them, and their music will never go out of style.

I don't know how many of the original group are still living. I'm wanting to say that they became popular in the 40s.

I think they were a little bit before my time....but I can remember a little bit about the old Roy Rodgers show.   Yes, I remember seeing Dale and also Roy on TBN many years ago being interviewed about their faith.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 03:00:54 AM »

I think they were a little bit before my time....but I can remember a little bit about the old Roy Rodgers show.   Yes, I remember seeing Dale and also Roy on TBN many years ago being interviewed about their faith.

Hello Debp,

Grin   Grin

Is this a nice way of telling us that we are older than dirt? You do know that Pastor Roger and I grew up in difficult times:

1 - Our school books were on stone tablets.

2 - We didn't have any shoes and it snowed year around.

3 - We walked 5 miles to and from school every day.

4 - Up hill - both ways.   Grin   Grin

How about the Cisco Kid, Hopalong Cassidy, Gene Autry, and Captain Kangaroo?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 09:02:04 AM »

lol   ....  Don't forget the two sticks rubbed together to get the fire started.

Roy got his start in the mid to late 30's which is before my time also. He was popular in the 50's when I was still a kid.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »

lol   ....  Don't forget the two sticks rubbed together to get the fire started.

Roy got his start in the mid to late 30's which is before my time also. He was popular in the 50's when I was still a kid.

Grin   Grin   Was that 1800s or 1900s?

You're way before my time. We had a fire dispenser on top of a mountain. We just caught burning rocks in a bucket and had all we needed to start fires.

(Small Print - In Hiding)

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 11:00:25 AM »

I think the burning rocks came first.   Cheesy Cheesy

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 06:39:30 PM »

Hello Debp,

Grin   Grin

Is this a nice way of telling us that we are older than dirt? You do know that Pastor Roger and I grew up in difficult times:

1 - Our school books were on stone tablets.

2 - We didn't have any shoes and it snowed year around.

3 - We walked 5 miles to and from school every day.

4 - Up hill - both ways.   Grin   Grin

How about the Cisco Kid, Hopalong Cassidy, Gene Autry, and Captain Kangaroo?

Grin Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound that way!!  Actually, I was born in 1950 so remember all of these last shows you mention....but I wasn't as familiar with the Sons of the Pioneers singing group (so that is what I meant).  We did have alot of good tv programs back then.  I also spent alot of time outdoors playing.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 09:35:49 PM »

Here in Los Angeles, there is Gene Autry's Western Heritage Museum.   One section of the museum is dedicated to the Old West TV shows and movies....you can even watch some of the old TV Westerns there.  They also have lots of clothing from Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, etc.  It's an interesting museum if you are ever out this way.

I was born in L.A. and yes, there are quite a few western museums.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 01:57:22 AM »

Grin Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound that way!!  Actually, I was born in 1950 so remember all of these last shows you mention....but I wasn't as familiar with the Sons of the Pioneers singing group (so that is what I meant).  We did have alot of good tv programs back then.  I also spent alot of time outdoors playing.

Hello Debp,

Welcome to Christians Unite's Grandparents Club.   Grin

You automatically qualify to take an old person nap anytime you wish.  Grin

I also spent a lot of time outdoors playing while growing up. I don't remember when we finally got a television. After we did get one, we were only allowed to watch certain shows after homework and chores were done.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »

Hello Debp,

Welcome to Christians Unite's Grandparents Club.   Grin

You automatically qualify to take an old person nap anytime you wish.  Grin

I also spent a lot of time outdoors playing while growing up. I don't remember when we finally got a television. After we did get one, we were only allowed to watch certain shows after homework and chores were done.

But I'm not a grandparent!  I have a single calling and never married!  Fooled you, huh?  Grin

But I do mentor a young child that has no grandparents so I kind of know the feeling.  She is a really sweet child.

Thanks for letting me know about the naps!   Smiley

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2008, 12:45:16 PM »

I've watched the X-Files a few times and won't watch them anymore. The show mocks God in a very direct manner and elevates evil as being more powerful than good. There is nothing and no one that is more powerful than God.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2008, 03:14:28 PM »

The show mocks God in a very direct manner and elevates evil as being more powerful than good. There is nothing and no one that is more powerful than God.

AMEN!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the