Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:50:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bronzesnake Builds Cabinet With His Son
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bronzesnake Builds Cabinet With His Son  (Read 4019 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 06:23:20 PM »

I live in government housing right now, a duplex. Their rules are pretty strict so I can't do anything with the tools because of the noise restrictions. I am hoping to get my VA claim increased soon. If that happens I am hoping to be able to move into a place where I can set my tools out and get some use out of them. Yes tools are expensive and it is a shame for them to be sitting in a small shed not getting used. I have almost everything a wood shop needs except the woodshop.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 07:54:08 PM »

Beautiful work Bob!  Shocked

I can't see waht kind of wood that is, but what beautiful grainwork! Is that laminate?
You must have a workshop?

John
The wood is cedar, cut at different angles and fitted together. Where you see the grain, is where I used oil, to bring out the depth of the grain. Heavier the oil, the darker the grain. You can see where I messed up on the one edge.  I didn't varnish the wood, just lacquer the whole table. The lacquer finish is wearing off, *whine* so I do have to buy more. Yes I have a workshop, out in the stables. Stables for 6 horses, but I only had 4 at anyone time. So the other two, I joined together, and made a workshop.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 07:56:30 PM »

I have almost everything a wood shop needs except the woodshop.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

I use my stables brother, I poured a cement floor........... Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 07:59:04 PM »

I use my stables brother, I poured a cement floor........... Grin Grin Grin

This place isn't old enough to have stables.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 11:28:33 PM »

This place isn't old enough to have stables.   Grin Grin Grin Grin
Mine is brother.............. Grin Grin Grin Grin

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

OK, OK, so this post can be wo-manly!  Cheesy

Let's have some photos my sister!

John

Hmmmm...... I'd never thought to photograph my birdhouses.  I built one one time that was a pedestal-style 'triple decker'!  It's in my mother's garden.  Most of them are small, decrative pieces that I've given away as gifts.  I guess I better get out the old Polaroid and snap that puppy while it's still standing ~ I made it years ago, before I got sick.

Blessings ~

=^..^=

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 04:15:27 AM »

Hello Sister Terri,

I have a friend who builds birdhouses all the time and makes really good money doing it. One of the local garden centers will buy every one he can get made. They sell almost immediately, and his cost for making them is pretty minimal. He gets scraps from lumber yards at pennies on the dollar, and most of his expense is simply time. He did do some research about what various native birds in the area like, and he made the birdhouses specifically for birds already in the area.

Believe it or not, they easily sell for $40 to $80 each, and they sell faster than he can make them. If I remember correctly, the garden center gets 30 to 40% clear profit, and he gets the rest. He also enjoys doing them, so it's a win-win situation for everyone. I might add that many people buy them for decorative pieces inside the house, but they can just as easily be used outside for birds. He uses a lot of cedar and very little paint unless someone wants something colorful for inside.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 1:10-13 NASB  He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 10:05:53 AM »

After seeing how good you guys stuff is, there is no way I am showing anything of mine.  I too tend to get hurt when I make things.  I end up with more wood left over then what I put together. Grin

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Jessie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 04:51:13 PM »

sorry John, there is no excusing those pj's....... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Wink

"One man's wrong lead, is another man's counter canter."
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 03:55:32 PM »

Hello Sister Terri,

I have a friend who builds birdhouses all the time and makes really good money doing it. One of the local garden centers will buy every one he can get made. They sell almost immediately, and his cost for making them is pretty minimal. He gets scraps from lumber yards at pennies on the dollar, and most of his expense is simply time. He did do some research about what various native birds in the area like, and he made the birdhouses specifically for birds already in the area.

Believe it or not, they easily sell for $40 to $80 each, and they sell faster than he can make them. If I remember correctly, the garden center gets 30 to 40% clear profit, and he gets the rest. He also enjoys doing them, so it's a win-win situation for everyone. I might add that many people buy them for decorative pieces inside the house, but they can just as easily be used outside for birds. He uses a lot of cedar and very little paint unless someone wants something colorful for inside.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 1:10-13 NASB  He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Hey Sweetpeas!

I'm just sneaking in for a bit and saw your reply . . . . I'm kind of afraid to sell my birdhouses ~ I'm on Disability and don't want to give them a reason to cut my "reward" (can you believe they call it that?  Some reward!  I barely make ends meet, if it weren't for my Lord God providing I would be homeless!).

Anyway, thanks for the idea!   Cheesy  It seems you're always looking out for me.  Gotta love ya, Brother!!

Blessings ~

=^..^=

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 06:45:20 PM »

You're all wimps. You know that?

Here's what I built:

Front entrance...

Rear entrance...

Interior...

And the outhouse...

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 06:50:41 PM »

Hey Sweetpeas!

I'm just sneaking in for a bit and saw your reply . . . . I'm kind of afraid to sell my birdhouses ~ I'm on Disability and don't want to give them a reason to cut my "reward"
Why not take "donations"?  Wink

Some of our friends are deer hunters, and they aren't allowed to sell the venison; but its perfectly legal for them to *give* us some meat, in exchange for a *donation*.

But donations might look too much like a "reward".  Undecided

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 06:52:45 PM »

Here you go brother, and yes I need to refinish the table. I have all my Bible study on the other end, so you don't get to see it......... Cheesy

Wow.  Shocked

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 06:54:53 PM »

Your front entrance picture is kinda dark and the rear entrance pictues is a broken link??

But I can see enough in the other two pictures to see some really great handiwork. I love that interior.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 06:58:43 PM »

Your front entrance picture is kinda dark and the rear entrance pictues is a broken link??
*sigh*
Of course it doesn't work; I made it, didn't I?  Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the