Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bronzesnake Builds Cabinet With His Son
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bronzesnake Builds Cabinet With His Son  (Read 4012 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: April 20, 2006, 12:08:45 AM »

Hey Tom.
Here's that cabinet I told you about.
My son, Michael and I put it together.

This shot was hurridly taken by my second eldest son, Jason in our basement. I'm going to put a drop ceiling in this summer.
Please excuse the funky pajamas!

John
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 02:01:10 AM »

Hey Tom.
Here's that cabinet I told you about.
My son, Michael and I put it together.

This shot was hurridly taken by my second eldest son, Jason in our basement. I'm going to put a drop ceiling in this summer.
Please excuse the funky pajamas!

John
Maybe I should post some of the things, I've made out of wood. Looks nice brother, an entertainment center?

On another note, cute PJ's. Wink Grin

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 08:58:01 AM »

Hey Bronzey!  You're cute in PJ's ( Cheesy tee hee hee!)  Nice cabinet too!

=^..^=

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 09:05:09 AM »

I've done some woodworking myself in the past. Really nice job, brother.

(The PJ's are becoming of you.   Wink   )

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 10:31:49 AM »

Bronzesnake,

Brother John, that's a nice looking cabinet. I tried several times many years ago to build a few things, but I always hurt myself in some way every time I picked up a tool.  Grin

I did manage to do a few things right, but they all involved injury. If the tool was sharp, I got cut. If the tool was blunt like a hammer, I got blunt trauma. I eventually started picking tools that would cause the least injury.  Grin

Brother, you and your son did a good job.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:26-27 NASB  In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 01:34:25 PM »

Maybe I should post some of the things, I've made out of wood. Looks nice brother, an entertainment center?

On another note, cute PJ's. Wink Grin

Yes, it's an entertainment center Bob. It's designed to hold a cable box on the top shelf, obviously the TV in the center. The bottom right top shelf holds the DVD - the lower shelf holds the antiquated VCR. The little lady wanted the large opening on the lower left for a basket which will hold Play Station games/DVD's etc.

I used to build cabinets, and furniture out of pine, oak and maple for a well known furniture shop up here called "Old Ontario House" This piece was actually origionally built by my son Mike, at high school about four or so years ago. It began life as an armour. It was huge, so we cut it down t make it narrower, and we reduced the depth also. Then we removed some shelves, and cut them into smaller shelves which are at the bottom of the piece. We also cut down the top plate, and routered it.

There were doors at the bottom, but being produced at a high school meant fighting for use of essential equipment such as planers, stroke sanders etc, so the doors were severely warped and very rough. We couldn't save them here at home because I only have a variety of hand tools here. We managed to get the piece looking decent with a lot of palm sander action, and old fashioned elbow grease with hand sanding! Mike loved that part! Cheesy

I had to purchase some of the fascia you see on the edge of the 3/4 shelves, because the stuff Mike had was very poor quality, and ver rough without having been planed, or run through a jointer.

All-in-all, it was just a great experience teaching my son how to build, and use some of the tools we have here at home. The piece came out very nice, we were both really happy at the end, and we will be staining it this weekend.

Tommy, thank you my friend for the compliment. One of the tools you used in your career was far more dangerous than any hand tools you might have cut yourself with my brother, and you did a fantastic job with that tool Tom! Wink Grin

Thanks for the pj compliments everyone...I think! Cheesy

John
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 04:44:17 PM by Bronzesnake » Logged
Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 04:47:11 PM »

Hey Bob and Roger - I'd love to see some of your stuff! This could turn into a really manly post! Angry Cheesy

John
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 05:00:38 PM »

I'll take a picture of the table I made 20 years ago for you brother. And post it here for y'all to see. I need to get off, so I can get the picture, and then post it brother. You only get to see half of it though as the other half has alot of my notes.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 05:10:56 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

I don't have any pictures left of what I did. The last woodworking I did was before my house fire. The furniture and the pictures were completely destoryed. Now I don't have the space to set up the tools. I wish I did because my son wants to get into it too.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 05:22:11 PM »

Hey Bob and Roger - I'd love to see some of your stuff! This could turn into a really manly post! Angry Cheesy

John

Hold the phone there, Bronzey old pal!  I build birdhouses!  Cheesy

=^..^=

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 05:24:11 PM »

Here you go brother, and yes I need to refinish the table. I have all my Bible study on the other end, so you don't get to see it......... Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 05:31:58 PM »

=^..^=

Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin

Bronzesnake
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 06:05:28 PM »

Here you go brother, and yes I need to refinish the table. I have all my Bible study on the other end, so you don't get to see it......... Cheesy

Beautiful work Bob!  Shocked

I can't see waht kind of wood that is, but what beautiful grainwork! Is that laminate?
You must have a workshop?

John
Bronzesnake
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 06:06:26 PM »

=^..^=

OK, OK, so this post can be wo-manly!  Cheesy

Let's have some photos my sister!

John
Bronzesnake
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 06:16:41 PM »

I don't have any pictures left of what I did. The last woodworking I did was before my house fire. The furniture and the pictures were completely destoryed. Now I don't have the space to set up the tools. I wish I did because my son wants to get into it too.

I am really sorry to hear tha Pastor Roger.
You're in an apartment now are you not?
That pretty much makes it impossible to do any largescale woodworking, but you could do some smallscale stuff my brother.

Hopefully, you still have enough tools to get into something smaller, because tolls are quite expensive aren't they? I have a pretty extensive tool collection. I'm always looking at yardsales for tools, that's a great way to pick up some really good stuf cheap.

In a few years, I'll take out a small 2nd mortgage and build a garage/workshop in the backyard. We do have a good sized back yard. Right now, I have a small shop in the basement that I'm useing for my oil painting and other hobbies. I have hundreads of my die cast toy cars down here...my wife doesn't really appreciate them like I do! Cheesy

John

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the