Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:03:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286795 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Do you believe in miracles?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you believe in miracles?  (Read 8760 times)
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 09:28:08 AM »

Miracles!
I woke up this morning, opened my eyes.  I knew that this would be the day that the Lord had made.  Another day on this Earth to worship, praise and learn from our Lord. To know who was walking beside me at all times.  To not know what I would face this very day, but to not face it alone.  To already know my future, my homecoming. That is all the miracle I need.  For me the rest is icing on the cake!
Blessings!
-Am-

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 09:45:04 AM »

Yes!!!! I believe in miracles, everytime the nurse place my newborn (5) in my arms that was a miracle. Number 5 was the gift and miracle and opportunity, you see my son only lived 4 days, but I had complications when I was 5 months pregnant with him and I was rushed to the hospital, neither one of us was expected to live. The doctors were ready to perform a c-section and deliver my child right then and there. I refused I told them my child would be born alive when God was ready and that I knew it would be a boy and I would get to see him and hold him. Four weeks later, due to ruptured membranes, I contracted Strep Sepsis, neither one of us was expected to live. My son lived from 3am Easter Sunday until 11am that following Wednesday, they had him in an induced coma so he wouldn't feel the pain, I stood by his tiny little body praying, I asked God to let me see my baby's eyes, he had already had severe brain hemmoraging on one side of his brain, but Glory to God, he opened his right eye and just stared at me, until the nurse noticed it and was astonished because he was still in an induced coma. That was a miracle!!! My son is waiting for me in heaven, my doctors and the nurses were astonished at my faith and my doctor recieved the Lord.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 10:38:40 AM »

Amen sister a miracle indeed! Our every breath, our every thought our every move, the sun, moon, stars in the sky, the birth of a child, a young plant pushing up through the hard packed soil and not being bruised for doing so. All of these and more are miracles and is complete proof of God's hand at work all around us.

Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 10:48:16 AM »

Amen Brother, that the mere fact that we are able to take the next breath and each beat of our hearts, those alone are miracles, that no one but God can give.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 01:04:17 PM »

Amen sister a miracle indeed! Our every breath, our every thought our every move, the sun, moon, stars in the sky, the birth of a child, a young plant pushing up through the hard packed soil and not being bruised for doing so. All of these and more are miracles and is complete proof of God's hand at work all around us.

Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Amen Brother, that the mere fact that we are able to take the next breath and each beat of our hearts, those alone are miracles, that no one but God can give.

AMEN!

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 03:15:40 PM »

Amen and praise be to Jesus for all the testimonies here.

Pastor Roger thank you for mentioning Romans 1:20.  I am covering the second portion of Romans 1 this Sunday in Sunday School.  Spent the entire class last week going over the first 15 verses Smiley.  And I have a worksheet for the men to fill out to name 3 things that are invisible works of God that they may see daily.

To all who have posted I do hope that you do not mind if I use some of these testimonies this weekend.  Of course the names will be changed to protect the guilty...er innocent Wink

It is amazing the miracles we see and experience every day.  About 4 years ago now I was a beaten down man.  Satan had pulled me far from God and with me went my family.  I was gambling hard and heavy online.  And I lost our house and our car.  I sat up one night before letting my spouse know what was going on and what was about to happen as far as the house was concerned.  I began reading James.  And I wept.  I had never been so broken in all of my life, save my salvation.  As if watching a flashback movie God revealed to me all of the times in that year in which he provided an opportunity to be saved (as in getting out of that mess, not salvation...I was already that).  Opportunities to come clean and make amends and save my house and everything else.  I feared the reaction of my wife.  We use to have some explosive arguements sometimes.  With God out of our house we lost our focus and there would be pushing and trowing of things.  Sometimes this would go on in front of our oldest one who was about 7.  He would be crying in the corner about our arguement.  I hated those arguements and the fights so I used that as an excuse to keep my secret and come up with more lies.

I nearly lost my family, I had lied and cheated in everything at that time.  The next day I took a long lunch and went down to pick up my wife where she worked and we walked over to see our pastor (she worked at day care at the church).  God was walking with us.  And before the pastor and my beloved I confessed all that I had done to them and to God.  I rededicated my life that weekend and my wife joined me.  We brought it all before the church.  I now see all that there is in life and the blessings around me.  I see the little things that God does to let us know He is there.  There are no coincidences in life.  Only the influence of our Savior.  And I thank Him each and every day. 

Again thank you all for the testimonies.  Have a blessed day (or night).  Ask me if I believe in miracles..... most definitely yes I do.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 03:23:41 PM »

God was walking with us. 
Amen! Thank you for sharing Brother Jerry.  May you be blessed!
-Am-

doc

Eternal Life begins at salvation - John 5:24

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2006, 12:25:17 AM »

Brother Jerry,

In retrospect, would you say it took courage to do what you did?  Perhaps your desperation allowed God to have his way with you.  These self-inflicted problems leave us open to Satan's fiery darts and our arm will no longer hold up that shield
to say nothing of the sword.

You did the right thing, Jerry and we hope others consumed by sin will read it and do likewise.

"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:16  NKJV

May the Lord Bless and keep you both,
doc

Heed the words of Jesus:

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.  John 5:24  NKJV
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2006, 04:21:49 AM »

Brother Jerry, thank you for sharing your testimony with us I am sure it wasn't easy for you to come clean before you wife and pastor. I am very happy that God had His way with you and He has a purpose for you.

Yes I believe, that men sometimes get involved in things they shouldn't and although they know it may be wrong they can't break lose. Ususally their greatest fear is losing their family, their marriage and everything they have worked for. Brother I am so happy you allowed God to take over your life.

I continually pray for my husband, because I know satan goes about as a roaring liion seeking whom he may devour. In a Christian home, usually he first tries to make the husband, who is the head of the house, be the first to fall, that way he can tear the family apart. satan has tried to do likewise in many households, including my own. Prayer, studying God's Word, staying close to God, spending more time with the family (wife, children) and closer fellowship with other Brothers in Christ keeps satan at bay, he goes away for a season but he will try again. he is come only to kill, steal and destroy. Husbands have to stay strong in the faith so they can guard their family, and protect it from satan's manuevers.

Brother I am praying for your continued blessings.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 11:00:18 AM »

Thank you all for the kind words and continued prayers.  It has been a continual blessing since rededicating.  I have seen my son saved, our house blessed, my life under God's control.  And the relationship with my wife grow and prosper. 

I heard a preacher once during a men's conference state something of the nature that if you want "mama" to take care of you then walk in accordance to God and "mama" will walk beside you.  And how true that was.  My wife and I have our lives in alignment with what God had wanted and He has blessed us greatly.  Even when I had recently lost my job (long political story) He was right there with assistance to tide me over until I could find something else. 

And Doc.  You asked if I would call what I did courage.  No I would not.  I would call it trust.  I put my trust in Jesus again.  Trusting that He would do what was right in my life and the life of my family.  I had taken my trust from him and placed it in myself.  I put it back in his hands and let him drive.  God is not my co-pilot...I am His passenger.  And it is not courageous to put your trust in Jesus.  It is foolhardy not to.

THank you all again.
Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 11:32:52 AM »

Amen Brothers and Sisters!

I give thanks for everything that GOD has done in all of our lives. YES!, I believe in miracles! We can see the miracles of GOD in nature and all around us. The truth of this matter is very simple: Almighty GOD does as HE pleases in heaven and on earth. HE reminds us continually that HE is GOD if we just look, listen, and pay attention. We are just human beings, and we should know that many of GOD'S Ways are past finding out. It is sufficient for us to know that HIS Will be done, it WILL be done, and men won't be able to explain it or understand it much of the time.

I've said this elsewhere on the forum, so I'll make it short. I almost died twice in 1998, and I really should have died, but I'm still here. I firmly believe that I'm still alive because of the power of prayer. GOD does what HE Will, and it must be HIS Will to answer our prayers. It was GOD'S Will for me to live, and I did. I obviously don't understand everything, but I feel that GOD has work for me to do, and I'm still here to do it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:28 NASB  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

linssue55
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 05:43:16 PM »

Do I believe in Miracles??

Oh my yes.  I have should have been dead at least ten times over throughout my life, the doctors don't know why I am still around?  They to this day continue to shake and scratch their heads.  I just tell them......"By the grace of God Go I."  My job isn't done, .......but sometimes for the life of me, I scratch my head too.  For what could I possibly do for God?  Nothing!  Suffering is turned to blessings which gloifies Him!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 05:46:06 PM »

For what could I possibly do for God?  Nothing!

God can work miracles through each and every one of us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 08:00:42 PM »

God can work miracles through each and every one of us.

Each of us, are a living testimony to the power of God.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 02:56:26 AM »

Amen, I love this thread. Sister Lin, I too am a walking miracle and I have a daughter who was clinically dead 3 times she had what is called SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) all because I had a very bad thyroid. She also had a hole in her heart, but praise God now her heart is whole, because she has Jesus in it and she has 4 beautiful children pf her own, I like the Apostle Paul have been thru many many things, the doctors don't know why I have survived, I always tell them God has a purpose for me and He isn't finished with me yet.

my doctors tell me I am a medical anomoly, I tell the they are wron I am Blessed  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the