Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:39:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Live Nesting Eagle Cam!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Nesting Eagle Cam!  (Read 3064 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 02:14:03 PM »

That bird would make one big fried chicken! Yum
Cry Cry Cry

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 02:26:29 PM »

aren't they still protected? I know there are a lot of bald eagles where I live, that's one thing I really like about living here, but my husband told me they're not federally protected anymore. I always though that because they are a national emblem that they would be.  Undecided

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 02:26:55 PM »

That bird would make one big fried chicken! Yum

No No not an Eagle! 

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 02:33:03 PM »

aren't they still protected? I know there are a lot of bald eagles where I live, that's one thing I really like about living here, but my husband told me they're not federally protected anymore. I always though that because they are a national emblem that they would be.  Undecided
The bald eagle will continue to be protected by other Federal laws: the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, and the Lacey Act.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 02:33:53 PM »

I don't know about the U.S., but they are protected here in Canada.

John
Bronzesnake
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 02:35:14 PM »

I don't know about the U.S., but they are protected here in Canada.

John

Spontanious post alert!

I look foolish now because Bob posted his information as I was posting mine! Angry Cheesy

John
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 02:35:52 PM »

That is a misconception that many people have. 

Bald eagles were officially declared an endangered species in 1967 in all areas of the United States south of the 40th parallel, under a law that preceded the Endangered Species Act of 1973.
   Until 1995, the bald eagle had been listed as endangered under the Endangered Species Act in 43 of the 48 lower states, and listed as threatened in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Washington and Oregon. In July of 1995, the US Fish and Wildlife Service upgraded the status of bald eagles in the lower 48 states to "threatened."

(February 13, 2006) The bald eagle is closer to being delisted. The USFWS issued guidelines on how the bald eagle should be protected by landowners and others, once it's no longer safeguarded as a "threatened" species. There are proposals which prohibit disturbing the bald eagle, which include disruption of its breeding, feeding or sheltering practices, which could cause death, injury or nest abandonment.
   Officials said the action could lead to the removal of the bald eagle from the "threatened" species list within the next year or so.

Comments on the proposed delisting, draft National Bald Eagle Management Guidelines and draft definition of the term "disturb" must be received by May 17, 2006.

Even if the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service removes the bald eagle from the "threatened" species list, it will still be protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. The Bald Eagle Protection Act prohibits the take, transport, sale, barter, trade, import and export, and possession of eagles, making it illegal for anyone to collect eagles and eagle parts, nests, or eggs without a permit. Possession of a feather or other body parts of a bald eagle is a felony with a fine of up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment, although federally recognized Native Americans are able to possess these emblems which are traditional in their culture. Bald eagles are still listed as "threatened" in the United States.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 02:36:48 PM »

Spontanious post alert!

I look foolish now because Bob posted his information as I was posting mine! Angry Cheesy

John

Not so brother. Both of you were posting as I was trying to post mine about it.   Wink Grin Grin Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 02:38:47 PM »

Spontanious post alert!

John
No brother you don't look foolish. Remember the laws are different where you are. Still though they are pretty close to being the same. Grin Grin

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 02:48:59 PM »

I always did think that they were Federally protected, even though they might not be endangered anymore, to be honest with you the way they are building new condos and malls in Florida, a lot of wildlife is being displaced. I wouldn't doubt it if they became endangered again. I know we have a lot of eagles, hawks, falcons, and other birds of prey as well as cardinals, bluejays, woodpeckers, mockingbirds, etc. and It really saddens me to see so many trees being cut down to build more stores and housing. Our trees are disappearing too.   Cry Cry Cry

That's why I want to retire to a farm, on a mountain.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Bronzesnake
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 03:24:46 PM »

This poor mom looks absolutely worn out doesn't she?

The dad hasn't been around in quite a while...I hope he hasn't flown the coup! Lips Sealed

John
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 03:27:35 PM »

This poor mom looks absolutely worn out doesn't she?

The dad hasn't been around in quite a while...I hope he hasn't flown the coup! Lips Sealed

John

A dead beat dad or maybe just dead?

Bronzesnake
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 06:00:58 PM »

Here's a notice from the Eagle cam web site...

May 01, 2006
The egg has not yet hatched. The due date is early this week, so please stay tuned!!
  Cheesy

John
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 06:11:06 PM »

A dead beat dad or maybe just dead?

Eagles mate for life brother.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006, 06:37:24 PM »

Eagles mate for life brother.

I know that. It was a joke.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the