Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:43:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  POLL: What is a TROLL?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: In relation to a forum or news group, what is the definition of the word "TROLL"?
A mythical and ugly beast that lives in the woods, generally under rocks or logs. - 4 (23.5%)
A hairy goblin like creature that catches and eats goats. - 3 (17.6%)
A short, dirty, and ugly sub-human who still lives in caves. - 0 (0%)
A poster with no interest in the group with intent to disrupt, flame, and destroy the group. - 8 (47.1%)
Other - Your own description. - 2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: What is a TROLL?  (Read 7089 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2003, 10:27:25 PM »

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 07:30:37 AM »

I've always heard that Trolls are big ugly things that eat people and have bad breath.  Yah.  That pretty much sums up what y'all are sayin!  Grin

Here's another pretty pic of them:

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 07:51:57 AM »

Thanks guys! I love and missed you, too.

Well, it's been interesting around here. Some big ups and some big downs. And I was very badly behaved today because...well, I was. And now I want to hide under a table.  Embarrassed

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse,

Just remember that God many times uses the difficult times to make you stronger. Maybe the next hill you climb will be much higher than any you have ever climbed before. You will have to look down to see where you have been, but God will encourage you to climb higher.

My friend, may God give you strength, courage, and guidance to climb higher. KEEP LOOKING UP!

In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2003, 07:54:20 AM »

I've always heard that Trolls are big ugly things that eat people and have bad breath.  Yah.  That pretty much sums up what y'all are sayin!  Grin

Here's another pretty pic of them:

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

Cheesy  WOW!, Your's is much prettier than mine. IT must be a higher life form.

In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2003, 01:40:52 PM »

They are there to do nothing more than tear down and defame. They aren't interested in a real debate. They aren't interested in what you have to say. They only care for destruction.

Ain't it interesting that you could describe some christians on this site in the exact same way!

YES, you certainly could IF we were on an atheist forum for the sole purpose of flaming, disrupting, and poking fun. However, that is not the case. You, an atheist, are on a Christian Forum for the sole purpose of flaming, disrupting, and poking fun. Call the men in white coats with the straight-jackets if you ever find me on an atheist forum.

Romans 5:21  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:31  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Romans 8:32  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not also freely give us all things?

Romans 10:9  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2003, 08:34:10 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I think we have at least one level 3 Troll. I think that the cure was accurately described on another forum. The level 3 troll should be considered as a WART, something that is either surgically removed or ignored.   Grin

I have decided to COMPLETELY IGNORE this troll and see if the troll is dumb enough to continue. We may need to consult a surgeon.  

Shiro

Kabuki Quantum Llama

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2003, 08:45:45 PM »

Hello All,

Here's the latest information on TROLLS. I had no idea they had ranks, but the higher the number, the higher the rank.

Troll 1 - This is usually a "wannabe" troll or a beginner troll. However, they can be a troll "groupie", someone who just loves to hang around trolls.

Troll 2 - These trolls have been accepted as a hate and discontent bringer. They're not very good at it, but they're learning. This level is known for being put down rather easily, and they become the hunted instead of the hunter.

Troll 3 - These trolls have the basic skills and usually attack in groups. They usually cause hate, discontent, and disruption for short periods of time, lose interest, and move on for greater fun. This level hasn't learned that they will be caught and embarrassed if they stick around too long in one place.

There you have it. Troll 3 is the highest rank. There might be a level 4 if they could attract people of greater intelligence.

Lv. 4 Trolls attack in groups, juggle accounts, often use many email accounts for them, and go all over the place, knowing what Troll 3 doesn't know. THey attack on several prongs, and try sometimes to hack other peoples' accounts. Rare and deadly.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2003, 08:48:09 PM »

Let me att'em, bep, let me at'em...

Cool
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2003, 09:27:24 PM »

Thanks guys! I love and missed you, too.

Well, it's been interesting around here. Some big ups and some big downs. And I was very badly behaved today because...well, I was. And now I want to hide under a table.  Embarrassed

Just remember that God many times uses the difficult times to make you stronger. Maybe the next hill you climb will be much higher than any you have ever climbed before. You will have to look down to see where you have been, but God will encourage you to climb higher.

My friend, may God give you strength, courage, and guidance to climb higher. KEEP LOOKING UP!

In Christ,
Tom

BEP, thank you! Your words of encouragement are a real blessing. I needed to hear that.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2003, 11:49:48 PM »

Lv. 4 Trolls attack in groups, juggle accounts, often use many email accounts for them, and go all over the place, knowing what Troll 3 doesn't know. THey attack on several prongs, and try sometimes to hack other peoples' accounts. Rare and deadly.

Oklahoma Howdy to Shiro,

Thanks for the information. I never cease to be amazed with what some people call fun on computers. I don't know how anyone would consider some of that stuff to be fun. Hacking into other people's accounts is starting to get serious. I don't know about other states, but some activity of this type and worse is a felony in Oklahoma. I also understand it has become such an expensive and destructive problem there is all kinds of new and sophisticated equipment to track them down and prosecute them. Here's what I don't understand. If those folks are smart enough to create all of that havoc, expense, and destruction with a computer, they could use the same skills for an excellent and high income job. However, a misdemeanor or felony offense involving a computer closes all of those doors of opportunity. I just don't understand it.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2003, 12:01:23 AM »

BEP, thank you! Your words of encouragement are a real blessing. I needed to hear that.

You are most welcome. Prayer and encouragement from our brothers and sisters in Christ is just one of the beautiful things about belonging to Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. Our short trials and troubles here on earth are nothing in comparison to our glorious ETERNITY IN CHRIST.

In Christ,
Tom

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2003, 12:09:01 AM »

BEP, Amen. Like water in the desert, my friend.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2003, 01:23:09 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

WOW!, Your's is much prettier than mine. IT must be a higher life form.

In Christ,
Tom

Yup!  Evolved from lower life forms.  Accounts I think...  Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2004, 03:08:24 AM »

I know this one.......................  Grin

"A poster with no interest in the group with intent to disrupt, flame, and destroy the group."

Fancy way to BUMP a thread that needs, to be bumped back to page one. Grin

Go in peace my friends, with the Grace of God.
DW

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2004, 08:59:06 AM »

All of the above....plus there is another definition:

TROLL:

†† Guided by God ††
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the