Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:06:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Laughter (Good Medicine) (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Do you know who I am?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you know who I am?  (Read 2150 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: April 13, 2006, 02:22:38 AM »

Do you know who I am?

Subject: Montana Restaurant

This is a great story, I wish I was closer to Montana! The radio station America FM was doing one of their "Is anyone listening" bits this morning.

This first one was, "Ever have a celebrity pull up and say 'Do you know who I am?' routine."

A woman called in and said that a few years back, while visiting her cattle rancher uncle in Billings, MT., they had an occasion to go to dinner at a restaurant that does not take reservations. The wait was about 45 minutes. Lots of other rancher types and their spouses were already waiting.

In comes Ted Turner and Jane Fonda. (they have a big ranch up there) They want a table. The hostess says they'll have to wait about 45 minutes.

Jane Fonda asks the hostess if she knows who she is.

Yes, but you'll still have to wait 45 minutes" Then Jane says, "Is the manager in?"

The manager comes out, "May I help you?"

" Do you know who I am?" ask both Jane and Ted.

"Yes, but these folks have all been waiting already and I can't put you in ahead of them"

Then Ted asks to speak to the owner. The owner comes out. Jane again asks, "Do you know who I am?"

The owner says, "Yes, I do. Do you know who I am?

I am the owner of this restaurant and a Vietnam Veteran. Not only will you not get a table ahead of all of my friends and neighbors here, but you also will not be eating in my restaurant tonight or any other night. Good bye."

Only in America, what a great country!
To all who received this e-mail.
This is a true story and the name of the steak house is :
Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse
204 W Main
MANHATTAN, MT

If you ever get there, give this fella a sharp salute, buy a steak and tip the waitress!

Keep passing this on. We should never forget this unprosecuted traitor!

And let's not forget what "our gal" Hillary said to the troops in Iraq, "This war has no support from the American public"!!!!

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 07:59:53 AM »

It's great to hear things like this DW. I just wish we would hear more about them.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 12:29:07 PM »

This came as an e-mail to me sister. The person who sent it, live about 25 miles from me. He was an officer in the Navy, for 35 years.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 01:49:18 PM »

Jane Fonda, Ted Turner... Can't help it all that comes to mind when I hear those names are ACLU, and atheists. 

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 02:26:48 AM »

Jane Fonda, Ted Turner... Can't help it all that comes to mind when I hear those names are ACLU, and atheists. 
YUP!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 07:07:40 PM »

I posted this once but due to a change in the CU server it got lost. So I am posting it again as all the Ann Margarets need the attention instead of the Jane Fondas and Cyndi Sheehans. I thank Ann Margaret for I know for a fact that she risked her own life just to bring a few moments of happiness to some war weary Troops (I was one of the many).

This is a story about a Viet Nam vet and Ann Margaret as told by the vet's wife:

Richard, (my husband), never really talked a lot about his time in Viet Nam other than he had been shot by a sniper. However, he had a rather grainy, 8 x 10 black and white photo he had taken at a USO show of Ann Margaret with Bob Hope in the background that was one of his treasures.

A few years ago, Ann Margaret was doing a book signing at a local bookstore. Richard wanted to see if he could get her to sign the treasured photo so he
arrived at the bookstore at 12 o'clock for the 7:30 signing.

When I got there after work, the line went all the way around the bookstore, circled the parking lot and disappeared behind a parking garage.  Before her appearance, bookstore employees announced that she would sign only her book and no memorabilia would be permitted.

Richard was disappointed, but wanted to show her the photo and let her know how much those shows meant to lonely GI's so far from home.  Ann Margaret came out looking as beautiful as ever and, as second in line, it was soon Richard's turn.

He presented the book for her signature and then took out the photo.  When he did, there were many shouts from the employees that she would not sign
it. Richard said, "I understand.  I just wanted her to see it."

She took one look at the photo, tears welled up in her eyes and she said, "This is one of my gentlemen from Viet Nam and I most certainly will sign his photo.  I know what these men did for their country and I always have time for 'my gentlemen.'"

With that, she pulled Richard across the table and planted a big kiss on him.  She then made quite a to-do about the bravery of the young men she met
over the years, how much she admired them, and how much she appreciated them.  There weren't too many dry eyes among those close enough to hear.
She then posed for pictures and acted as if he was the only one there.

Later at dinner, Richard was very quiet.  When I asked if he'd like to talk about it, my big strong husband broke down in tears."That's the first time
anyone ever thanked me for my time in the Army," he said.

That night was a turning point for him.  He walked a little straighter and, for the first time in years, was proud to have been a Vet.  I'll never forget Ann Margaret for her graciousness and how much that small act of kindness meant to my husband.

I now make it a point to say "Thank you" to every person I come across who served in our Armed Forces.  Freedom does not come cheap and I am grateful for all those who have served their country.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 06:32:56 PM »

You have no idea what it feels like to have a total stranger walk up to you and thank you for serving.......................it's an amazing thing.

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 06:47:35 PM »

You have no idea what it feels like to have a total stranger walk up to you and thank you for serving.......................it's an amazing thing.

Yes brother I do know what it feels like. I also know what it feels like to be spit on and have other vile things thrown at me for having served.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 06:52:09 PM »

Yes brother I do know what it feels like. I also know what it feels like to be spit on and have other vile things thrown at me for having served.

Cry

You then PR are one of those that inspired me to join.

Thank you

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 07:10:36 PM »

Cry

You then PR are one of those that inspired me to join.

Thank you

And I thank you for carrying on where I could no longer do.

Jessie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 06:27:11 PM »

thanks DW. This sweet story made me cry.  Cry I come from a huge military family, all the men in my family have been in all the wars we've had, Vietnam...Iraq....you name it.  Our soliders are awesome, words cannot describe.

Much luv to you and all our vets,                     Jess

"One man's wrong lead, is another man's counter canter."
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 04:38:23 AM »

Cheesy Hey Jessie, my family too is all military. Of my 5 brothers, 4 are vets, 1 Navy, 3 Army, 1 is still active.
My husband is a retired Marine, his brother is also a Marine currently in Oki, his dad and older brother are Army vets.

Of my 3 living uncles, 2 are Korean war vets, 1 is WW2 vet, and the other is Vietnam Vet.

Our Troops all deserve respect and admiration, that includes our policeman and fireman too, who put their lives on the line for others, every minute of the day, without regard that they also have families of their own.

I salute all of our Troops, both at home and abroad.   Wink

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 09:15:42 AM »

Our Troops all deserve respect and admiration, that includes our policeman and fireman too, who put their lives on the line for others, every minute of the day, without regard that they also have families of their own.

I salute all of our Troops, both at home and abroad.   Wink
AMEN sister!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the