Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:33:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Answered Prayer (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God At Work
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God At Work  (Read 5868 times)
John 3:16

My Heavenly Father Is Alive Today

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2006, 11:59:42 PM »

i got this email and wanted to share it with you all

http://www.pocketpower.org/

Dear Mr. Richard:

May I share an encouraging story with you about one of our most faithful League members?

After brain tumor surgery in 1990, Fred C. Snavely of Lititz, Pennsylvania was given six months to live.  However, Fred fought bravely for fifteen years before he went home to be with the Lord at age 50 on March 15, 2006.

His obituary said he was "very active in The Pocket Testament League."  That’s an understatement, as you'll see in a moment.

Since joining the League, Fred ordered Gospels 52 times.  He shared literally thousands of Gospels of John with the people he met. Fred even shared a Gospel of John with the ambulance driver when he was coming home from brain surgery that left him paralyzed.  One of his favorite things was to go in his wheelchair to the local coffee shop near his home and to Lititz Spring Park where he would pray and share Gospels.

Many people at Fred's memorial service told his family about the time Fred had given them a Gospel and how much that meant to them. Only the Lord knows how many souls have already come into the Kingdom through Fred's personal testimony, prayers and obedience to share the truth of the Gospel whenever he had an opportunity.

Wouldn't you like to leave a legacy like Fred's through the example of your own life?  Be sure you always have a supply of Gospels on hand so you can Read, Carry and Share the Good News of Jesus Christ.  To order free Gospels of John,
please click on the link below
.http://www.pocketpower.org/code/products.php?group=Gospels

Fred is a wonderful example of someone who believed God’s promise in John 14:21:

“Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

What may have felt like an act of obedience at first turned into a pure labor of love.  We praise the Lord for Fred, his courage, endurance and the way he finished strong. We can thank God that Fred finished his race -- and represented the League, and His Lord -- so well.

Surely, the Lord welcomed him home with a hearty, "Well done, Fred, my good and faithful servant!"

In Him,

Mike Brickley
President

PS: I'm sure many have joined the League and started sharing Gospels at Fred's suggestion.  That means Fred's influence for the Kingdom will continue on for years to come.  Why not encourage some of your Christian friends to join the League today so they can Read, Carry and Share God's Word ?    
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 12:05:29 AM by John 3:16 » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the