Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:05:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  New to the Fold... Literally.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New to the Fold... Literally.  (Read 2179 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 01:56:05 AM »

Hello Wayfarer,

Many of us have been praying for you. I was just thinking back in my life about the many disappointments and things that didn't go the way that I wanted them to. Now, I'm glad that they didn't. GOD had something else for me and it was something better.

There were a lot of things that I didn't understand when I was younger, mainly because I wasn't completely yielded to the LORD. Forty years later, there are still many times that I'm not yielded to the LORD in the way that I should be. This is a matter of prayer for me, and GOD has been good to me, even in the times that I tried to go my way instead of HIS way. I did learn that HIS Way always involves the greatest happiness, so I now want to pray more and seek HIS Will. I am firmly convinced that GOD brought to me the right wife, and I give thanks that I waited for her. She's a sweet Christian lady and we've been married for 34 years. We raised a family together with CHRIST as the head of our home, and our children are now raising families with CHRIST as the head of their home. I really don't think that I knew about real love when I was your age. I think that I do now, and I'm certainly not saying anything about you, just me.

I will pray that GOD brings you a husband who will love you for life and make you happy in a home with CHRIST as the head.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 111:2 NASB  Great are the works of the LORD; They are studied by all who delight in them.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 02:15:23 AM »

Wayfarer, you are still young, my dear when I was your age and I was married and expecting my first baby, the man I was married to was not only an abuser, but he also got himself a girlfriend. He moved out of the house, took the only car we had, which I was paying for, and beat me before he left. I remember that day thinking the the whole world had ended for me. That had been my first and only boyfriend and I just thought I was going to die. My neighbor heard all the commotion and when he was gone she came to check on me. She sat by my side and told me in her roken English (she was from India) that it was ok to cry, she told right now it seemed like I would never be happy again and that in the morning things would be better. I didn't know she was a Christian, she kept cheking in on me everyday and telling me how God loved me her Bible was in her language and shamefully at the time I didn't have one.
Why am I telling you all this? Because all of us every single one of us has gone through some pain and sorrow and we all know how it feels to be hurt. Many of us know how it feels to be betrayed by those we love most and that we trust most. When we are young and go thru these things it seems like it is the end, but wayfarer, it is not the end. It may be a new begining, God may have something much better for you, look perhaps you lost 2 friends and it's natural and normal to feel the way you do, but time heals all pain, and you have already made friends here at CU who care for you.
Wayfarer, even our Lord Jesus Christ was betrayed by someone He undoubtedly loved and was very close to. Judas betrayed our Lord, I have no doubt that Jesus was hurt by this betrayal. So you see He knows how you feel He will comfort you. Just turn to Him, you have found thee very best friend anyone could ever have, He will never leave you, betray you or hurt you. Trust Him.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 04:16:12 AM »

Dear Wayfarer:

I welcome you to CU(ChristiansUnite).I have already been praying for you.You
have a GREAT friend that got you to come here.I hope that you find MANY more
friends in this forum.I hope to see you in the posts.I hope that God through this
forum will give you the strength that you need.

Yours in Yeshua,
                                  curious

Wayfarer

Daughter of Christ, Sister of All, Mother of Many

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the long absence. The Easter holiday came upon me quite suddenly, and I was whisked away home. But I'm back now, and I'll take more time and make more effort to navigate my way around the site and see what there is to see.

I suppose I can update everyone on my situation. The inevitable has in fact happened, and my ex is now dating my former best friend (I say former because her and I will never be as close as we once were). It's been almost 4 weeks since the break-up, but I think I'm going to be okay with that.

I've gone to each of them in turn and spoken with them openly and honestly about how I feel and what I think. They've each taken it to heart and we've three agreed that we'll do what we can to stay friends. I love them both and want them happy, so I'll be supportive in their decisions, but only to a degree. I won't put my neck out again, only to get my head cut off.

The ex and I have made amends, but the friend and I are slower at coming to that completely. She knows I'm wounded because she took him from me, and I haven't completely forgiven her. She also knows that there's a chance that I never will forgive her competely. But we're working on healing one anothers wounds, though mine run deeper than hers because it was two against one.

My stepmother advised me over Easter break that I should work in a limited capacity for the time being. Just lay low and don't exert any more effort than I need to where they are concerned. I understand what she means and I'm praying that my resolve to do something along those lines holds.

I want to thank you all for praying for me. It really helps me to know that there are people out there who will still do something so wonderful for someone they don't even know. It makes me think that there's hope for at least a large portion of the human race after all (that stems from my childhood, please don't judge me on that). For all that I've seen, done, and been through in my life, it's people like this community who will love and care about someone when all they have is words that has kept me alive recently. When I've come close to ending my pain in my own way, I've thought about all the people who are out there and working for me, and I stay my hand.

Thank you all for your hearts, and thank God for you all.

Love,
Wayfarer

"She dreams she's dancing, around and around without any cares..."

"Here I am, ready to give up my life for the one. Here I am, ready to pour out my heart for the Son. Here I am."

Psalm 18:2 - My Life Verse.
John 13:34 - Words to Live By

JPR & RLS (c) August 1, 2006
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 03:48:39 PM »

When I've come close to ending my pain in my own way, I've thought about all the people who are out there and working for me, and I stay my hand.

I thank God for that, too. You are a special person, if to no one else other than God Himself. As a sister in Christ you are very special to all of us here. God has plans for you sister, moreso than you and I may ever know and He does have someone special for you, in His time it will be made known to you.

I'm glad to hear that you are starting to be able to deal with this. I too agree with your what your Aunt said.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 03:56:16 PM »

Hello wayfarer, are you feeling a little better?

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 04:08:59 PM »

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the long absence. The Easter holiday came upon me quite suddenly, and I was whisked away home. But I'm back now, and I'll take more time and make more effort to navigate my way around the site and see what there is to see.

I suppose I can update everyone on my situation. The inevitable has in fact happened, and my ex is now dating my former best friend (I say former because her and I will never be as close as we once were). It's been almost 4 weeks since the break-up, but I think I'm going to be okay with that.

I've gone to each of them in turn and spoken with them openly and honestly about how I feel and what I think. They've each taken it to heart and we've three agreed that we'll do what we can to stay friends. I love them both and want them happy, so I'll be supportive in their decisions, but only to a degree. I won't put my neck out again, only to get my head cut off.

The ex and I have made amends, but the friend and I are slower at coming to that completely. She knows I'm wounded because she took him from me, and I haven't completely forgiven her. She also knows that there's a chance that I never will forgive her competely. But we're working on healing one anothers wounds, though mine run deeper than hers because it was two against one.

My stepmother advised me over Easter break that I should work in a limited capacity for the time being. Just lay low and don't exert any more effort than I need to where they are concerned. I understand what she means and I'm praying that my resolve to do something along those lines holds.

I want to thank you all for praying for me. It really helps me to know that there are people out there who will still do something so wonderful for someone they don't even know. It makes me think that there's hope for at least a large portion of the human race after all (that stems from my childhood, please don't judge me on that). For all that I've seen, done, and been through in my life, it's people like this community who will love and care about someone when all they have is words that has kept me alive recently. When I've come close to ending my pain in my own way, I've thought about all the people who are out there and working for me, and I stay my hand.

Thank you all for your hearts, and thank God for you all.

Love,
Wayfarer

Wayfarer, It's good to see you back. Healing takes a while. But remember, the sooner you forgive the sooner you will begin to heal.  Unforgiveness can hurt you more than the person who has wronged you. We will always be here for you. I thought about you just the other day, I said a quick prayer for you. You are still young and I know God has someone very, very special for you. for now just concentrate on getting to know God and His unending love for you.
Your friend and sister in Chris,
Maria

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 12:27:58 AM »

Hello Wayfarer,

I second the excellent advice of please forgive. There are many good reasons why the Bible tells us to forgive, but the best one is that JESUS died on the Cross for our sins, and HIS blood on the Cross makes forgiveness for our sins possible. We are to forgive as we have been forgiven by GOD. You will also feel better when you do. Holding something like this inside you is not healthy or good.

Many are still praying for you. I hope and pray that you one day look back at this and thank God that HE showed you this was not the right permanent relationship for you. One of these days you might consider marriage, and for many reasons it's wise to pray and ask GOD to help you with big decisions.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 116:12-13 NASB  What shall I render to the LORD For all His benefits toward me?  I shall lift up the cup of salvation And call upon the name of the LORD.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the