Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Afraid To Witness
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Afraid To Witness  (Read 6673 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2006, 10:38:16 AM »

Imagine if a man let a neighbor's child drown in his swimming pool while he polished his car. His defense in court was that he didn't want to leave his car to save the child because he didn't want to ruin the vehicle's shine.

If we allow another human being to die when we have the ability to save them, we are not only morally responsible, but we are guilty of what civil law calls "depraved indifference." The crime of "depraved indifference" is very descriptive. Depraved means it's about as low as a human being can go, and indifference means that someone couldn't care less. That's what you and I are like if we profess to be Christians, and yet have no concern for the eternal salvation of those that are around us. We are saying "Evangelism is not my job," and we are therefore guilty of depraved indifference. It's about as low as we can go when we don't care about the fate of the unsaved. Love could never be so cold-hearted as to shine a car while a child drowns, and love cannot profess to know the love of God in Christ, and be unconcerned about the fact that those who die in their sins will end up in Hell.

If you aren't horrified at that thought, how can the love of God dwell within you? Charles Spurgeon said, "Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you are not saved yourself. Be sure of that." So if that describes you, please, go somewhere quiet and ask God to forgive you for such a crime. Then plead with Him to give you a love that will swallow your fears, and a gratitude for the Cross that will forever banish indifference and help you to "seek and save that which is lost" as Jesus did.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:29:59 PM »

As Christians we answer to God, if we are afraid to witness to others. Then that means we are at fault with the Lord. For being able to witness to others, do we bring glory to God.

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 07:12:39 AM »

Amen!  Pastor Roger, great post!  I think what is interesting is the reasons people are afraid to witness.  Yes, a few years ago this was me, afraid, and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it.  I was in a learning process! I always felt that I wouldn't know what to say, that I would stumble over my words, that I didn't have enough biblical knowledge to reinforce my claims, was I being hypocritical with the life I was living?  The Lord my friends would have none of that and he simply began to bring the people to me. It was time I guess.  What did I do?Huh I prayed for wisdom!  My point is, if you walk with the Lord people will know.  We witness in the way we live our lives, the way we treat others, the everday tasks that we encounter.  Do not be surprised if someone is attracted to you because of your personality or the way you handle situations presented to you.  I hope that everyone also understands that we are all sinners, and sometimes living the best life in the eyes of the Lord is difficult.  But he who believes lend and ear.  "You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on a stand and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven." MAT 5: 15-16

God bless you all.
Am

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
Jessie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 04:19:04 PM »

Thank you Pastor. Your thread brough tears to my eyes.  Cry  You hit the nail on the head when you said if you are not concerned with others, than the love of Christ is not in you. Have a blessed day!

"One man's wrong lead, is another man's counter canter."
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 06:42:16 PM »

Thank you Jessie and welcome to Christians Unite. There's a bunch of great Christians here that would love to have you in fellowship with us. I hope to see you posting here more.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 02:17:36 AM »

Thank you Pastor. Your thread brough tears to my eyes.  :'(  You hit the nail on the head when you said if you are not concerned with others, than the love of Christ is not in you. Have a blessed day!

Hello Jessie,

WELCOME!!

I'm looking forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

YES!, this is a beautiful thread, and I'm late in finding it. All Christians can and should pray that GOD gives us strength, guidance, and help in witnessing to the lost. I know that many Christians might lack confidence or feel insufficient in some way to witness to the lost. We are all insufficient, but the Holy Spirit of God lives in our hearts, and the Holy Spirit will help us in what we say or do if we just pray.  We can also pray that GOD gives us opportunities to serve HIM, and I honestly believe that HE has work for all of us to do. It really doesn't matter how great or small the work is that GOD wants us to do, rather a matter of yielding to HIS Will and simply saying, "YES LORD."

All Christians need to remember the clear teaching of the Holy Bible: if GOD calls us or sends us for HIS work, HE will equip us and be with us for the work. It's a beautiful truth that GOD is always with us, so we are never sent alone to do HIS Will.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 19:14 NASB  Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.

Jessie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 02:57:09 AM »

Thank you Tom and Pastor!! You guys are so sweet. I love this board already and i'm hooked. uh oh..... Tongue

"One man's wrong lead, is another man's counter canter."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 03:54:45 AM »

Hello Sister Jessie,

I'm very happy that you are enjoying the forum. I think that the biggest and best thing we have going here is a lot of sweet Christians loving the LORD and wanting to serve HIM. It would be great for all of us to get addicted to loving and serving the LORD. We wouldn't have any kind of treatment center to cure the addiction, rather a way for the addiction to spread and become contagious. This is a healthy addiction that results in JOY for eternity.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 1:20-22 NASB  For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

Monte Cassino

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 09:47:44 PM »

Greetings to all here!

I think that an important concept to keep in mind is that the Spirit brings gifts in varying degrees of fullness to each of us.  (See 1 Cor 12:8-10, Eph 4:11-12, and Rom 12:6-8.)  If any particular Christian is not as fully-equipped with gifts relating to teaching others, perhaps it would be wise for him or her to follow the attitude of St. Francis: "Preach the Gospel always; use words when necessary."  Or, in other words, simply live the life of a Christian, that others might see by your example what a Christian is.

God bless,
Monte Cassino

"It would be atrocious," I said, "to kill a man in order to say bu-ba-baff...."
  "It would be atrocious," William remarked, "to kill a man even to say 'Credo in unum Deum.'..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the