Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:26:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Verse For Today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Verse For Today  (Read 61330 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2006, 01:34:15 AM »

I would like to look at random verses on a daily basis and share them with you. I welcome and appreciate any additional thoughts on the verses. My hope and prayer is that through a daily verse we can uplift, motivate and help each other. It is also a way that we can learn a verse a day and study it further, and apply it into our daily Christian walk. Please join me as I begin an exciting way to delve further into God's Word. Again please feel free to add comments, thoughts, testimonies as to how the particular verse helped you, and what you have learned. My next post will have the very first verse as I begin this new (new to me anyway) topic. I look forward to your participation.
Blessings to all, your friend and sister in Christ,
Maria

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 01:49:50 AM »

Ga 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Christians as a rule not only have the opportunity, but we have the obligation to do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Our own Brothers and Sisters in Christ, the Body of Christ. Jesus left us with a new commandment that we love one another as He loved us. Jesus proved His love for us, by giving up His life to redeem us from our sins. He loved us while we were yet sinners. Those of us who belong to the Lord and Savior should also love all those Jesus gave His life for, but especially to those who have accepted and received Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
There are millions of Christians that we may never meet face to face, I thank God for Christians Unite Forums, which has allowed me to meet other Christians from all over, and thus becoming part of my household of faith. I do not consider my Brothers and Sisters in Christ at CU, 'cyber friends' I consider them my real brothers and sisters in Christ. I therefore thank God for the opportunities that I get to pray for my brothers and sisters, but also to be there for them, whether it be just for moral support, advice, information, an ear to listen, but especially for prayer and to intercede for. I not only consider it an opportunity, but I consider it an honor and a blessing to be a blessing to my brothers and sisters in the faith
Yours friend and sister in Christ,
Maria

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 06:11:57 AM »

Amen Sister Maria,

Your Scripture and thoughts were beautiful. I join you in thanks for the love and fellowship God grants us in this short life. I also give thanks for prayers, encouragement, and strengthening in the LORD. It makes me happy to know that GOD is using Christians Unite to reach thousands every day. GOD has promised that His Word will not return void, and that promise makes me very happy.

Romans 5:8-9 NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

If you are lost and suffering from the sin and darkness of this world, know that JESUS CHRIST died in your place and paid for your sins. JESUS does love you or HE wouldn't have died to rescue you from the curse of sin and hell. JESUS arose from the dead on the third day, and HE is our living Lord and Saviour. HE'S holding out HIS arms to you and asking you to accept HIM as Lord and Saviour forever. If you confess your sins, HE will be faithful and just to forgive your sins and cleanse you from all unrighteousness. If you believe this with all your heart and ask HIM to be the LORD over your life, you will be born again as a child of GOD and begin a new life in JESUS. I pray that you give your heart to JESUS and walk into the LIGHT with HIM forever.

Romans 10:8-10 NASB  But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 09:57:43 AM »

Sister Maria, I echo your sentiments completely.

Another thought that I had when reading this verse is how that doing good to those that are not brothers and sisters has brought many of those into the family.

1Pe 2:12  Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 01:07:17 PM »

Amen Brother, and our guests that visit us daily can also benefit by knowing first of all that we love them and welcome them and that Jesus loves them just as they are, that He died and rose again to save them too and that they too can be a part of the Body of Christ and a member of our CU family. They can also benefit from the verses even if they decide not to join us.  Smiley

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 12:28:10 PM »

Php 1:3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,

Php 1:4 always in every prayer of mine making my request for you all with joy

(Always) There is much emphasis in the expressions which are here used. Paul labours to show them that he never forgot them; that he always remembered them in his prayers.

( In every prayer of mine.) This was a proof of particular and special affection, that while there were so many objects demanding his prayers, and so many other churches which he had founded, he never forgot them. The person or object that we remember in every prayer must be very dear to the heart.

(For you all.) Not for the church in general, but for the individual member. "He industriously repeats the word all, that he might show that he loved them all equally well, and that he might the more successfully excite them to the manifestation of the same love and benevolence." Wetstein.

(Making request with joy.) With joy at your consistent walk and benevolent lives--mingling thanksgiving with my prayers in view of your holy walk.

Barnes Commentary used as referance

The love that Paul shows the church at Philippi in this verse is the God kind of love every Christian today should have, this is how Jesus said we should love one another.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 12:35:58 PM by airIam2worship » Logged

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 11:50:19 AM »

Pr 22:1 A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, And loving favor rather than silver and gold.

Brothers and Sisters back in the Old Testament days names had great meaning. They represented the character of the person. Some examples are; Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Jabez, Benjamin, and the one we can most relate to Jesus Christ.

If you look in your Bibles and read Scripture in relation to these names you will find out what they meant and why those names were chosen. Truely the person lived up to the name that was given to him or her.

Nowadays people don't name their children according to the way they were in the OT, instead they choose names that are either in the family line, unique, different, or sound good with the last name.

No matter what a person's name is the Bible still tells us that a good name is rather to be chosen. That also means that we can live one way or another, and yet people will always connect our name to our charatcter. If uncle Joe was always lying to everyone, people would think of him and say oh yea Joe the liar, if aunt Ruth was always gossiping, people would think oh yea, Ruth she's nothing but a gossiper. If cousin Victor was always drinking, he would be remembered as a drunk, and so on you get the picture.

No matter what our name is, it could be Michael, James, Louise, Jean, etc. How do we want people to remember us when they hear our name, when someone speaks to them about us? We want people to have a positive recollection of our personality and our charachter when our name is spoken?

We can do something about it right now, no matter what we did in the past, no matter how we behaved, we can change our habits, and our personalities. We can do this by changing our lives, on our own we may not be able to, but with Jesus in our hearts, we can.

There are many wonderful people with beautiful names, and great personalities and character, they may be loyal, honest, hard working and have many wonderful characteristics. But when we stand before the Throne of the One Who will judge us, will we have His name? Will we be looked upon by Him and hear Him say you are my child?

If you already haven't done so, please take a moment and read  Romans 6:23, John 3:16. Ask  Jesus to forgive you of your sins, tell Him you want to start a brand new life and you want to be known as His child, ask Him to come into your heart.

(footnote) if anyone is asking Jesus into their heart for the first time, and you need more information on how to grow as a Christian, we would be happy to answer any questions, and refer you to God's Word, whereby you can be assured that it is not because we says so but because God said so.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 03:11:46 PM »

Hello Everyone, I've already posted my verse for today, but I felt led to post the following.

Mt 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Most people before the come to Christ or even afterward upon reading this verse may think that to mourn is only for when a loved one is lost. I want to share with you a commentary by Barnes. There are Scriptures quoted in this commentary and I would encourage you to take the time to read these Scriptures and take a moment to meditate on God's Word.

May you be blessed.

Blessed are they that mourn. This is capable of two meanings: either that those are blessed who are afflicted with the loss of friends or possessions; or that they who mourn over sin are blessed. As Christ came to preach repentance, to induce men to mourn over their sins, and to forsake them, it is probable that he had the latter particularly in view, 2Co 7:10. At the same time, it is true that the gospel only can give true comfort to those in affliction, Isa 61:1-3; Lu 4:18. Other sources of consolation do not reach the deep sorrows of the soul. They may blunt the sensibilities of the mind; they may produce a sullen and reluctant submission to what we cannot help; but they do not point to the true source of comfort. In the God of mercy only; in the Saviour; in the peace that flows from the hope of a better world, and there only, is there comfort, 2Co 3:17; 5:1. Those that mourn thus shall be comforted. So those that grieve over sin; that sorrow that they have committed it, and are afflicted and wounded that they have offended God, shall find comfort in the gospel. Through the merciful Saviour those sins may be forgiven. In him the weary and heavy-laden soul shall find peace, (Mt 11:28-30;) and the presence of the Comforter, the Holy Ghost, shall sustain us here, (Joh 14:26,27) and in heaven all tears shall be wiped away, Re 21:4.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 03:13:34 AM »

Ps 56:8 Thou numberest my wanderings: Put thou my tears into thy bottle; Are they not in thy book?

Friends, when we are sorrowful, when we are in pain, when we are repentant of sin. God notices all of our grievances, He has a bottle and a book for His people's tears. He observes us with such tender concern, we can surely say God is our Helper. What a loving God to care for us so tenderly that not one of our tears is cried without His care and love. He keeps a book, I believe He keeps it to recor each tear that we shed, when we shed it, and why. We as human being feel tender compassion for our loved ones and our friends, if we see them hurting either from the loss of a loved one or for any other reason, we cry with them. We want to be able to fix everything for them, but we can't all we can do is comfort them and let them know we are there hurting right along with them and caring for them. How much more God cares, His tender mercy and love cannot be compared to anything we feel when we see our loved ones hurting. It is wonderful to know that God is so personal with us, He is not a distant God who sits there and demand our praises, no He is pure LOVE.
Let us reach out to Him, call on Him if cares enough to keep our tears in a bottle and keep a record of them how much more would He be quick to help us when we cry out to HIM!!!!!

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 12:00:33 PM »

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Barnes

For God so loved. This does not mean that God approved the conduct of men, but that he had benevolent feelings toward them, or was earnestly desirous of their happiness. God hates wickedness, but he still desires the happiness of those who are sinful. He hates the sin, but loves the sinner. A parent may love his child and desire his welfare, and yet be strongly opposed to the conduct of that child. When we approve the conduct of another, this is the love of complacency; when we desire simply their happiness, this is the love of benevolence.

The world. All mankind. It does not mean any particular part of the world, but man as man--the race that had rebelled and that deserved to die. See Joh 6:33; 17:21. His love for the world, or for all mankind, in giving his Son, was shown by these circumstances:

1st. All the world was in ruin, and exposed to the wrath of God.

2nd. All men were in a hopeless condition.

3rd. God gave his Son. Man had no claim on him; it was a gift--an undeserved gift.

4th. He gave him up to extreme sufferings, even the bitter pains of death on the cross.

5th. It was for all the world. He tasted "death for every man," Heb 2:9. He "died for all," 2Co 5:15. "He is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world," 1Jo 2:2.

That he gave. It was a free and unmerited gift. Man had no claim; and when there was no eye to pity or arm to save, it pleased God to give his Son into the hands of men to die in their stead, Ga 1:4; Ro 8:32; Lu 22:19. It was the mere movement of love; the expression of eternal compassion, and of a desire that sinners should not perish forever.

His only-begotten Son. This is the highest expression of love of which we can conceive. A parent who should give up his only son to die for others who are guilty--if this could or might be done--would show higher love than could be manifested in any other way. So it shows the depth of the love of God, that he was willing to give his only Son into the hands of sinful men that he might be slain, and thus redeem them from eternal sorrow.

(My words)

Whosoever - anyone, male, female, young, old, rich, poor, healthy, frail, anyone

Believeth in Him (Jesus) - self explanatory, accept the free gift, accept Jesus as the Savior, the One who died for our sins so we wouldn't have to.

Shall have - God's Word is faithful, shall have is a definite promise.

Everlasting life - eternal life, in God's Kingdom.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 03:15:25 AM »

Ga 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Ga 5:23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.

Family, we Christians are very familiar with the fruits of the spirit, the are fruits that are in us as soon as we become born again, they are given to us thru the Holy Spirit. When we receive Jesus as our Lord, the Holy Spirit moves in and bring these fruits. As Jesus told His disciples in the book of John "A new commandment I give unto you, that you love one another as I have loved you." On our own in our human capacity, it is difficult to love someone who has done us wrong, but because of the the friut of the spirit, we now have this love that is divine and we can really love others as Christ loved us. As I look at the other 8 fruits of the spirit, I try to imagine how they can be present if love wasn't present. Notice the first fruit mentioned is Love.
If we have no love towards others can we truely say we have joy? What about peace? If our neighbor played his music to loud would you be able to be longsuffering without love? Could we have kindness, meekness, goodness, faith, self control? Without love we wouldn't be able to have any of the other fruits of the spirit. Without love can we really say we are born again? Let us check our love walk and make sure that we are walking in the divine love that we received when we accepted Jesus as our Savior.

footnote: I am working on a new topic; comparing human love and divine love and what love really is. I will be ready to start it within a few days.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 04:04:32 PM »

Amen Sister Maria!

footnote: I am working on a new topic; comparing human love and divine love and what love really is. I will be ready to start it within a few days.

I look forward to it. Agape love is an incredibly beautiful topic. It's a stark contrast to the word "love" that the world throws around.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 103:17 NASB  But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children's children,

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 04:43:08 AM »

Rom 3:23  for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; AMP Bible

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; KJV

This verse is referring to all mankind, every man, woman, and child. All of us are guilty, we are all born guilty of sin. This includes newborns, we inherited sin from Adam. This is the Ademic sin, we cannot do anything on our own to cleanse ourselves of this sin. That is why God sent Jesus, so that He may take our sins away and nail them to the cross, that we may then be made righteous in the eyes of God and get back what Adam lost when he sinned in the Grden of Eden.
Joh 1:29  The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

We may wonder, who then can ever be saved ? The answer to that is in the Bible, by reading the above Scripture we know that Jesus takes away the sin of the world (that is the sin spoken of in Romans 3:23).

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now we see in John 3:16, that we need to beleive in Jesus so we may have everlasting life, He takes away our sin.

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

It is so easy to receive God's forgiveness and receive salvation that is almost seems unreal, but God made it easy for us so that we could receive the free gift.
Say this prayer and believe in your heart, receive by faith the free gift given to you.

Father, I know I am a sinner, I know that You sent Your Son Jesus, to die in my place, so I wouldn't have to. So that I may be forgiven and have eternal life. I accept this free gift, Father. I beleive that Jesus is Your Son, that He came to earth, died for my sins on Calvary, rose from the dead on the third day and is now seate at Your right hand. I repent of my sins, I ask forgiveness, and I ask Jesus to be my Lord and Savior right now. Jesus, come into my heart and cleanse me of all sin. Thank You Father.

That's it!! Now you are free from the Ademic sin, now you are a child of God.
Read your Bible, a good place to start is in the book of John.
Find a Bible believing church near you, and pray. even if you think you don't know how to. If yu know how to talk to a friend, or to your dad, then you know how to talk to God, that is prayer. God wants to hear you, He is not looking for eloquent words or for perfection. He loves you and wants to listen to you.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 04:20:34 AM »

AMEN SISTER MARIA!

Thank you. That was a beautiful post, and I pray that hosts of people read it. The GOOD NEWS of the Gospel of GOD'S Grace is the most important topic in existence.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 66:20 NASB  Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer Nor His lovingkindness from me.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 08:36:42 AM »

Amen Sister Maria!

I look forward to it. Agape love is an incredibly beautiful topic. It's a stark contrast to the word "love" that the world throws around.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 103:17 NASB  But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children's children,

Brother most people think of the word Love as just another 4 letter word, to put it very bluntly, 'I love that movie, I love bowling, I love this, I love that etc.' The word Love and the feelings and emotions are so strong that if we really come to understand what it really means we will see that love is important to God. The Word tells us that God is love. Yet today that word has lost a lot of meaning and value to so many people that it really saddens me.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the