Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Letter from an atheist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Letter from an atheist  (Read 5248 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2006, 06:27:39 PM »

This is an excerpt of an e-mail from an atheist.

"You are really convinced that you've got all the answers. You've really got yourself tricked into believing that you're 100% right. Well, let me tell you just one thing. Do you consider yourself to be compassionate of other humans? If you're right, as you say you are, and you believe that, then how can you sleep at night? When you speak with me, you are speaking with someone who you believe is walking directly into eternal damnation, into an endless onslaught of horrendous pain which your 'loving' god created, yet you stand by and do nothing.

If you believed one bit that thousands every day were falling into an eternal and unchangeable fate, you should be running the streets mad with rage at their blindness. That's equivalent to standing on a street corner and watching every person that passes you walk blindly directly into the path of a bus and die, yet you stand idly by and do nothing. You're just twiddling your thumbs, happy in the knowledge that one day that 'walk' signal will shine your way across the road.

Think about it. Imagine the horrors Hell must have in store if the Bible is true. You're just going to allow that to happen and not care about saving anyone but yourself? If you're right then you're an uncaring, unemotional and purely selfish (expletive) that has no right to talk about subjects such as love and caring."

How true these words are. Jesus has told us "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." He has also told us that "he that believeth not shall be damned." We are to love our neighbors. How much greater love can we have than to share the wonderful Gospel of Jesus Christ with those that are lost and doomed to eternity in torment.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 06:14:26 PM »

sorry but just had to bump this up  Smiley

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:18:20 PM »

He makes an excellent point!

As Spureon once said....

"If hell must be filled...

Oh, my brothers and sisters in Christ,
if sinners will be damned, at least
let them leap to hell over our bodies.

And if they will perish, let them perish with our
arms about their knees, imploring them to stop,
and not madly to destroy themselves.

If hell must be filled, at least let it be
filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let
not one go there unwarned and unprayed for."

Amen!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 11:00:04 AM »

"Sigh"....silly atheist, we trying to give "good news" to save them but your cult is always trying to stop us.

Look around world (Not just Asia) FOR ONCE! (Yes! all of you atheists!) Quit Laughing this forum and post your topic already!

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 02:55:19 PM »

There are many things about this post which are truths.

We as Christians should not just be sitting in our pews and watching the world die.  We should be doing all that we can to bring light to those that are lost.  Not one person was ever saved without the help of another person.  Once we realize that what we do impacts the eternal security of everyone we come in contact with then we could say that we are doing all that we can...and try and do more. 

However to the atheist I would also have to say...you know you are right.  And I can always do more.  I have explained to you what Christ has done.  I have witnessed to you and yet you still do not believe.  Would you believe me if more and trust in Christ if I went running around holding signs up about how you are going to Hell unless you accept Christ?  Would you believe I was sincere and accept Jesus if I went running throughout the streets yelling about how Christ is the only way?  I am not going to get "mad with rage at their blindness" anymore than I am mad at rage at your blindness.  I am sad however at the path you have chosen just as Jesus is saddened that His sacrifice was in vain when it comes to you.  I am no better than you because the Bible explains that we are all sinners, each and every one of us.  But the Bible also explains that God sent Jesus for each and every one of us.  That He died upon the cross, was buried for three days and rose again, for us.  So that we could conquer death and not have to face that Hell that God had to create for us.  I am holding up the sign that says you are about to get hit by a bus.  The choice is now yours...are you going to pay attention to the sign and stay out of the street...or are you going to ignore it and step into the road?

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 05:54:09 PM »

WE HAVE NEVER BEEN CALLED TO GO AND SIT ON WHAT WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN...WE ARE TOLD TO GO OUT INTO THIS WORLD AND PREACH TO GOSPEL..NOT COMPETE WITH OTHER CHURCHES AS TO WHO HAS BETTER PROGRAMS...WE HAVE NOT BEEN CALLED TO GO AND SIT AT A CONVENTION TO DETERMINE WHETHER GOD MADE A MISTAKE IN HIS WORD AND WE ARE TO CORRECT IT...THE ATHIEST IS MORE RESPECTED IN HIS VIEWS THAN THE PERSON WHO CLAIMS TO BE CHRISTIAN BUT DOES NOT BELIEVE THAT WHICH HE CLAIMS...UNBELIEF IN THE CHURCHES IS WIDESPREAD DUE TO THE TEACHINGS OF MAN OTHER THAN THE TEACHING OF THE WORD AND THE PREACHING OF THE WORD...NO ONE IS TO BE OFFENDED...BUT..THOSE WHO OFFEND WILL BE PERSECUTED FOR IT AND BE AS FOOLISH IN THE EYES OF THIS WORLD...MANY DO NOT WANT TO COUNT THE COST...
daniel1212av
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 11:11:25 AM »

That is a very convicting letter, written by a soul that sees the reality of eternity and the consequences of one's decision for Christ far more honestly and clearly than most believers evidence.  The world could very well say, "I guess the Christians themselves really do not believe the very Son of God died for us and rose again, or that there is a Heaven to gain and a Hell to lose - depending on what i choose, because they (the Christians) do not seem to really care if i turn to Christ or whether i go to Hell." 

Here is a page with a brief exhortation after the  "Letter form an Atheist" , with a tract of most of it that you can download and print out. The picture that accompanies it is old, but no one seems to want to make pictures that depict eternal realties - the positive and the negative - at least that one can freely share. http://peacebyjesus.witnesstoday.org/LetterFromAnAtheist.html

" The truth is in JESUS" (Eph. 4:21b).
www.peacebyjesus.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the