Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:44:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  World War 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World War 3  (Read 8225 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2006, 09:18:26 AM »

World War 3

Bible Prophecy plainly warns that World War 3 is coming. As with the first two world wars (1914-1918, 1939-1945), Europe will again be the focus. The difference however is that this time, a unified Europe (whose population, economy, land area and combined military already matches the US), not just Germany trying to conquer Europe, will be the superpower, and this time Europe is going to win - it will not be defeated except by Christ at His return Rev 17:12-14, 19:19-21. The Biblical prophecies and the overwhelming secular-historical proof leading up to that reality are undeniable by any rational, thinking person.

In fairness to the other "superpowers" of the present world. Although the historically-naive and blissfully inward-looking educational systems and news media in North America often falsely make it seem so, the USA is not the only world superpower even at the present time e.g. both China and India are nuclear-armed nations with great military power and each with populations of over a billion people, and North Korea, despite its severe economic problems, could take on the US and fight it to at least an extremely high-casualties draw, as it did during the Korean War of the 1950s. the European Union (EU) is going to have unfair advantages (not that there is fairness in war, or real life, anyway) that will make it unbeatable - the actual power of Satan Rev 13:4 that God will permit as part of His wrath upon those who have become corrupt in His sight (The Seven Seals), and a great religious deception that will turn many people outside of Europe into willing subjects of the EU dictator and his Papal "great false prophet" Rev 13:13-17. That is what the Bible says.

That is not to say that most of the people of Europe are, or will be, evil. Millions of Europeans, including true Christians in Europe, will oppose the "beast" power and they will be horribly persecuted by their own deceived countrymen. The religious persecution will be just as severe on the other side of the Atlantic, and everywhere else on earth, because many, when faced with the pope's great "miracles" (again, Rev 13:13-17) will believe that they are facing a choice between patriotism or their salvation. The deception will be so powerful that they will believe that by turning against their own country they will be helping to save it. Using the United States as an example, while the war rages, it won't be Europeans inflicting horrible religious persecution upon Americans, it will be Americans inflicting horrible religious persecution upon other Americans. That will also occur in every nation on earth. "power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations" Rev 13:7 KJV

The present founders of the EU, most of them, although many do realize that they are reviving the "Holy Roman Empire" (some have been quoted), do not realize that they are creating a monster that will go on a rampage such as the world has never known - obviously they wouldn't if they knew. Then again, they might know. But the "beast" is in their midst. And he is going to rise again. He will most likely be as Holy Roman Emperors through history have always been, and he's going to be the most evil man that has ever lived.

World War 3 will begin with a surprise attack on Israel over the Palestinian and Jewish struggle for the land. Egypt will lead a coalition of Arab nations including Syria, Iraq, Sudan, and Libya, which will attack Israel.

Egypt will lead the war against Israel because they will have an ironclad guarantee by Russia and others, that if they start the war, Russia will come to their aid and rid the world of the perceived Jewish problem once and for all. Meanwhile, Russia and China will conspire to jointly attack the only nation with the resolve and capability to defend Israel, the United States.

China will throw their lot in with Russia against the US. This situation is similar to WW2, when Russia began the war allied with Hitler and because Hitler attacked Russia, they switched sides to the Allied cause. China will do the same thing in World War 3, start as allies with Russia against the West, then switch sides and attack Russia.

Israel will have the U.S. as an ally, and after the near destruction of Israel and devastating nuclear attack on the U.S., then Western Europe will throw everything they have on the side of Israel and the US. Suddenly Russia will find they are fighting a multi-front war all at once, when even China and Japan attack them from the East. The outcome of World War 3 is that Russia and the Arab nations will be crushed, Israel will be liberated, and Europe will suddenly emerge as the only remaining superpower. The U.S. will have suddenly diminished on the world stage because of the devastating and extensive nuclear destruction on both coasts. God our Father wants us to know the outcome ahead of time and has given us the prophetic scriptures in the Bible and an almost continuous flow of contemporary prophecy since the 1940's about World War 3.

When I say that Russia and the Arab nations will be crushed, I'm only summarizing the prophecy within the accepted canon of scripture of the Bible. Ezekiel 39 tells us of the immense loss of the Russian army and devastation to the land of Russia.

Ezekiel 39:1-7 (KJV) Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: and I will turn thee back, and leave but a sixth part of thee , and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel: and I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of the right hand.
Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel , thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God. And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles : and they shall know that I am the Lord.
So I will make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let them pollute My holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel.

The Russian army will fall on the mountains of Israel and from the text you can see that only 1/6 of Russia will survive. The prophecy mentions fire falling on Magog and Isles, but many contemporary prophecies have delineated that fire as nuclear destruction. First, Russia will launch a surprise attack on the U.S. in one 24-hour day, destroying military capabilities and population centers on both coasts of the U.S.A. (but this is my own belief.)

I've given you the scenario of World War 3 straight, but I need to prove to you that the nations will align as prophesied. If I didn't prove the players in this coming war, then the scenario laid out here could be viewed by skeptics as a work of fiction, which it is not. Let's start with Russia and her Arab allies.

The prophecies given to Ezekiel in the Old Testament of the Bible hold the key to identifying the modern nations which will participate in World War 3.

Ezekiel 38:2-10 "Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal , and prophesy against him, and say, `Thus says the Lord God, "Behold, I am against you, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. And I will turn you about, and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them splendidly attired, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them wielding swords; Persia , Ethiopia , and Put with them, all of them with shield and helmet; Gomer with all its troops; Beth-togarmah from the remote parts of the north with all its troops, many peoples with you."'"
"Be prepared, and prepare yourself, you and all your companies that are assembled about you, and be a guard for them. After many days you will be summoned; in the latter years you will come into the land that is restored from sword, whose inhabitants have been gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel which had been a continual waste; but its people were brought out of the nations, and they are living securely, all of them. And you will go up, you will come like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land, you and all your troops, and many peoples with you." "Thus says the Lord God, `It will come about on that day, that thoughts will come into your mind, and you will devise an evil plan,...'"

Gog is the title of the political leader of Magog, the prince of the land of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. Many fine scholars have researched extensively in this area and cite Rosh as the people of Rus or the Russians. Meshech is the ancient capital of the Rus, known today as Moscow, while Tubal is another major city there known today as Tobolsk. (Note; others have shown evidence that the Tubal are the Ukrainians). When the Soviet Union still existed, prophecy scholars puzzled over the meaning of the biblical terms since they pointed to the White Russians specifically and not to the other nations in the Soviet Union. Now that Russia is a separate nation, and still the exclusive holder of most of the weapons of the old Soviet Union, the prophecy is more apparent. A future leader of Russia is identified as Gog, and he will formulate alliances with a number of nations to jointly attack Israel.

Cont'd next post.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 09:19:50 AM »

Persia is readily identified as modern day Iran, while the word used in the scriptures for Ethiopia is Cush. Cush may be the nation of Ethiopia, but also may refer to the black nations in that area including southern Sudan, Ethiopia, and Somalia. Put has been translated in some Bibles as Libya, however, that may not be entirely correct. Another word is Cub, which more directly identifies Libya, so the word Put may identify the Arabs of North Africa including lower Sudan, Libya, Tunisia, and Algeria. The common thread among all these nations in Africa is that they are all Muslim countries and therefore have an affinity with the Palestinians and a hatred of Israel. I wouldn't be surprised if they all participated to try to eliminate the Jewish people from the Middle East.

Next on our list of allies with the Russians is Gomer. Orthodox Jews believe that Gomer is the Germanic people, however, I take a different view. I see Gomer as the Eastern Europeans that were previously under Russian control when the Soviet Union still existed. The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Croatia, and Ukraine are all a possibility, as are Bulgaria, Romania, and Serbia. I just can't see how the Germans would side with Russia against Israel and the US, given their genuine repentance for the deeds done by the Nazi's in World War 2. Also, the Germans are an integral part of NATO and the linchpin in the movement to construct a close EU (European Union). Maybe the Orthodox Jews are right in citing Germany as Gomer, but I wouldn't bet on the Germans making that mistake again to take on the world militarily.

I believe that Beth-togarmah identifies the Cossack nations formerly under the domination of the Soviet Union, including Georgia and Armenia. From our vantage point in history, the above identified nations have had a close alliance with Russia and most were under communism for a very long time. The many peoples from the north in Ezekiel 38:6 are, I believe, the Muslim nations of the former Soviet Union like Kazakhstan, Tadjikistan, Chechnya, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, & Kirgizistan, etc.

What's interesting from a prophecy viewpoint is that all the Arab nations which directly surround Israel are not mentioned in the Russian alliance. What about Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia, are they identified in the scriptures?

Ezekiel 30:2-6 "Son of man, prophesy and say, `Thus says the Lord God, Wail, Alas for the day! For the day is near, even the Day of the Lord is near; it will be a day of clouds, a time of doom for the nations. And a sword will come upon Egypt , and anguish will be in Ethiopia (Cush) when the slain fall in Egypt, they take away her wealth, and her foundations are torn down. Ethiopia, Put , Lud , all Arabia , Libya (Cub), and the people of the land that is in league will fall with them by the sword.'" Thus says the Lord, "Indeed, those who support Egypt will fall, and the pride of her power will come down; from Migdol to Syene they will fall within her by the sword," declares the Lord God.

The time frame of the prophecy in Ezekiel 30:1-9, is identified as the end-times period by the phrase, 'the Day of the Lord is near.' We know from our extensive study of scriptures that the Day of the Lord is the last part of the end-times 7 year period, after the Great Tribulation period. Since God has given us this clear signal by mentioning that the Day of the Lord is near, we know then that the war is in the Great Tribulation period and is World War 3. By the way, verses 10 and onward then jump to another period of time near when the prophecy was given through Ezekiel, concerning the time when Nebuchadnezzar was king of ancient Babylon.

Egypt is mentioned as the leader, and a number of allies of Egypt are cited. I've reinserted the original words back into the above text so that you can see them rather than the translator's guesses. Cush is mentioned, which we've discussed already as the black African Muslim nations which could include part of Sudan, Ethiopia, and Somalia. Remember in the Ezekiel 38 text where the translators substituted Libya for Put, well these same translators used Cub for Libya here in chapter 30. This time both Put and Cub are mentioned. Cub is the correct term for Libya, but that means Put identifies other North African Arab nations. That's why I said earlier that Put likely meant Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, and lower Sudan.

Arabia is mentioned among the allies of Egypt, which brings to mind Saudi Arabia. Others in the Arabian Peninsula include Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Yemen. Saudi Arabia is pro-western now, but we all know that they have clandestinely supported the Palestinians and other groups with massive amounts of financial support, in all practicality playing both sides. In an all-out attack on Israel, the Saudis may throw their financial support against Israel and the West. Remember, they are keepers of the Muslim holy sites at Mecca and Medina, so they have many constituencies to satisfy. The Bible says that all Arabia will be in league with Egypt, so we know that the Saudis will choose the Arab/Muslim cause. Lud is mentioned and like so many others, I have no idea what modern nation Lud might be. Oh by the way, the term 'Migdol to Syene' means the area from what is now the Aswan Dam to the Nile delta. Migdol to Syene includes most of the population of modern Egypt.

Egypt is called the king of the South in Daniel 11:40-43, and they are the catalyst for the attack against Israel which causes World War 3.

Daniel 11:40-42 At the end time the king of the South will collide with him (anti-christ), and the king of the North will storm against him with chariots, with horsemen, and with many ships; and he will enter countries, overflow them, and pass through. He will also enter the Beautiful Land (Israel), and many countries will fall; but these will be rescued out of his hand: Edom, Moab, and the foremost sons of Ammon. Then he will stretch out his hand against other countries, and the land of Egypt will not escape.

The king of the South is Egypt, while the king of the North is the same as identified in Ezekiel 38, Russia. In the above text, the attack by Egypt precedes the attack by the northern army headed by Russia. Egypt will lead the Arab nations in a surprise attack on Israel, which is almost immediately followed by the Russian-led forces pouring into the Middle East.

The anti-christ, who will be the leader of the European forces, defeats all these invading armies and continues on into Egypt and all the countries that attacked Israel. However, one nation is not decimated by the antichrist's armies. Jordan is the modern nation which encompasses the ancient people of Edom, Moab, and Ammon. Their non-participation in the attack on Israel probably elicits a passing by of the European forces as they go on to decimate Iraq, Syria, and Iran. Are there other texts which corroborate this scenario? Yes, take a look at Ezekiel 32.

Cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 09:20:27 AM »

Ezekiel 32:2-8 Son of man, take up a lamentation over Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say to him, "You compared yourself to a young lion of the nations, yet you are like the monster in the seas; and you burst forth in your rivers, and muddied the waters with your feet, and fouled their rivers." Thus says the Lord God, "Now I will spread My net over you with a company of many peoples, and they shall lift you up in My net. And I will leave you on the land; I will cast you on the open field. And I will cause all the birds of the heavens to dwell on you, and I will satisfy the beasts of the whole earth with you. And I will lay your flesh on the mountains, and fill the valleys with your refuse. I will also make the land drink the discharge of your blood, as far as the mountains; and the ravines will be full of you."
"And when I extinguish you, I will cover the heavens, and darken their stars; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give its light. All the shining lights in the heavens I will darken over you and will set darkness on your land," declares the Lord God.

This chapter in Ezekiel is very important in specifying details concerning World War 3. The subject of the chapter is Egypt, called the king of the South in Daniel 11:40. The future destruction of Egypt is delineated and the time of this prophecy is clearly identified. The timing is near the 6th Seal signs in Revelation 6, when the sun is made black like sackcloth and the moon like blood. God will cause the signs in the sun and moon to occur by high altitude clouds which obscure them. Probable cause of the high clouds obscuring the sun and moon are the use of nuclear weapons and perhaps extensive volcanic action. The 6th Seal signs in the sun and moon occur at the end of the Great Tribulation period and before the Day of the Lord begins in the end-times 7 year period. Thus God our Father has given us clues here in Ezekiel 32, about the timing of Egypt's destruction.

However, what nation or nations cause this destruction in Egypt. Many like Hal Lindsey have said that the Russian-led armies will decimate Egypt, but they are all wrong. The text in Daniel 11:40-43 is not too clear, which has misled a few well-known prophecy scholars, but the answer is clearly spelled out here in Ezekiel 32.

Ezekiel 32:11 For thus says the Lord God, "The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon you."

The title, king of Babylon, is another title for the anti-christ, and it is the anti-christ's armies which will decimate Egypt. We have two witnesses that talk about the anti-christ decimating Egypt, Ezekiel 32 & Daniel 11. What is of further interest are the many nations identified in Ezekiel 32 as being destroyed when Egypt is destroyed. They are as follows:

Ezekiel 32:22 Assyria is there.... (modern Syria)
Ezekiel 32:24 Elam is there.... (modern Iraq & Iran)
Ezekiel 32:26 Meshech and Tubal and all its multitude.... (Russia & her allies)
Ezekiel 32:29 There also is Edom.... (leaders of modern Jordan)
Ezekiel 32:30 There also are the chiefs of the north (Muslim nations of former Soviet Union and possibly Turkey)
Ezekiel 32:30 ...and all the Sidonians.... (modern Lebanon)

I started out on this article by summarizing what will take place in World War 3, and have identified the nations which will oppose Israel and the western coalition forces. You might like to know that the whole book of Joel is about the events of the Great Tribulation period, when the northern army invades the Middle East.

Joel 1:6 For a nation has invaded My land....
Joel 1:9 The grain offering and the libation are cut off from the house of the Lord....
Joel 1:15 Alas for the day! For the Day of the Lord is near, and it will come as destruction from the Almighty.
Joel 2:20 But I will remove the northern army far from you, and I will drive it into a parched and desolate land, and its vanguard into the eastern sea, and its rear guard into the western sea. And its stench will arise and its foul smell will come up, for it has done great things.

That's the short version of the book of Joel, but it delineates that the northern army invades after the sacrifices and grain offerings are stopped, which occurs in the middle of the end-times 7 year period at the time of the abomination of desolation. The timing of this invasion into the land of Israel is further explained as occurring before the Day of the Lord begins, when it is near. This is the explanation for the time of the Great Tribulation period. Instead of making up fantastic fictional scenarios like many prophecy writers, we have walked through the real scenario delineated in the scriptures with multiple corroborating texts.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

John 1:48 Nathanael said to Jesus, How do You know me? [How is it that You know these things about me?] Jesus answered him, Before [ever] Philip called you, when you were still under the fig tree, I saw you.

glennd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 11:59:28 AM »

“Bible Prophecy plainly warns that World War 3 is coming...The Biblical prophecies and the overwhelming secular-historical proof leading up to that reality are undeniable by any rational, thinking person.”

Although your view is the popular one today, there are many rational, thinking people who would disagree.  I’m sure you will correct me if I am wrong but, although pre-millenniumism has a long and respected history, the branch of pre-millenniumism you present has only been taught for the last 100 years or so.  So your statement wipes out the majority of Christian thinkers of the last 2,000 years.  I have nothing against people making dogmatic statements - I make them myself - but we have to realize in the arena of Bible Prophecy that there are intelligent, Bible-believing Christians who are going to disagree.

“ You might like to know that the whole book of Joel is about the events of the Great Tribulation period...”

Peter was apparently unaware that the entire book of Joel was all about the Great Tribulation as he quoted from it in Acts 2 [including the part about the sun being turned into darkness, moon into blood, and the Day of Lord] and told his listeners that it was then being fulfilled.  Jesus also on the way to the cross in Luke 23 quoted Joel as He told the weeping women they needed to be very concerned about what they would face.

Presented for your consideration...  Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 01:51:33 PM »

Hello Glennd,

Brother, I think that anyone who studies Bible Prophecy expects disagreement. I don't know of any two people who have ever completely agreed about the events after the end of this age of Grace. So, I'm glad that various opinions about Bible Prophecy are NOT salvation issues.

Studying Bible Prophecy is very difficult and time-consuming, so I always appreciate the effort required. The words "views and opinions" are always heavily used in such studies, not only about the events, but the timing of the events. However, there are many things considered to be Bible facts that most people agree with. It's also true that many Christians don't have a view or opinion on these issues because they've never taken the time to do such a difficult study. I don't view it as a problem that people disagree, nor would I consider it a problem that many Christians don't have an opinion on many issues of Bible Prophecy.

Brother, I enjoy the study of Bible Prophecy, and I plan to spend considerable time enjoying this study. I want to express some thoughts that I'm having right now:  1) I give thanks that we don't have to understand and agree about Bible Prophecy to be saved; 2) I especially give thanks that our simple, childlike faith in JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Saviour is what saves us.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 150:6 NASB  Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!

BernieEOD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 01:50:50 AM »

WW3 is going to be the final war? You know that for a fact? We have become pretty arrogant to believe that only the end times can bring us down. We could be just another empire on the brink and many more can rise up to take our place before the final days actually do come. Did not Jesus say "Nobody knows the day or the hour"? Funny how just a couple of years ago, "Our Christian President" was going to
Kill off all the worlds dicatators, install freedom & democracy throughout the world, and have Jesus arrive on Air Force One. Now, things are going to hell in a handbasket?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 01:59:07 AM »

Instead of being so critical of everyone here as you have been in every post that you have made here so far I suggest that you read the post that blackeyedpeas made above.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
BernieEOD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 11:44:33 AM »

We can all diagree, but when we call for war and go on a modern day version of a Crusade, it is time to be critical. If WW4 (By the way, the Cold War was WW3)
Too many Churches "Put the match to the gasoline" and fanned the flames of this war. Ideas are one thing, to put ones ideas into action and start wars is quite another. In this situation, too many Pastors were pounding their pulpits calling for President Bush not to stop in Iraq but to continue to send fourth out Christian Army and not stop until the entire world was united under the flag od America and Cross of Christ. As we are now bogged down in the first two countries of this crusade, the very people who were beating the war drums are now bemoaning the start of WW3 (or 4 if you count the Cold War). So yes, I am critical. But these are critical times.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 12:15:47 PM »

Yes we can disagree and I must. There is much more to this war than you are seeing. Many Christians see this for what it is .... a battle against evil.

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Christians that cannot see this are truly blinded to what is actually going on. It is not just a war in Iraq there is much much more to it than just that. The war against evil is in our own backyards as well. The war in Iraq is just a miniscule yet very important portion of it. Even if the war in Iraq were an illegal war it is one that is in line with God's plan. Certain things will take place as we are told in the Bible and nothing that anyone does or says will change that.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 03:37:01 PM »

WW3 is going to be the final war? You know that for a fact?
As a Christian YOU would know that the final war, will be Armageddon.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 03:57:36 PM »

(By the way, the Cold War was WW3)
If that is so, show some Scripture to back yourself up.

BernieEOD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 04:47:10 PM »

Where is Scripture does it say that there is any World war?
Why does the final battle have to be WW3 and not WW4,5,6,or 7?
BernieEOD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 04:49:56 PM »

War, by its very nature is an unlawful act so there is no such thing as a "Legal war"
The only legal side in any war is the one who is repelling the agressor.
Since there is no Scriptural basis for a Gospel of Bombs & Bullets, how can we say that we are doing God's work in Iraq?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 04:59:45 PM »

There are plenty of scriptures that pertain to a World War even though it doesn't use those specific words. You can start out with Revelations and Isaiah.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 05:06:55 PM »

Psalm 94:9 He Who planted the ear, shall He not hear? He Who formed the eye, shall He not see?

Psalm 115:5-6 They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not;  6 They have ears, but they hear not; noses have they, but they smell not;

Check out Ezekiel 38-39
War, by its very nature is an unlawful act so there is no such thing as a "Legal war"
The only legal side in any war is the one who is repelling the agressor.
Since there is no Scriptural basis for a Gospel of Bombs & Bullets, how can we say that we are doing God's work in Iraq?
In the New Testament, war is universally seen as evil and Jesus emphasized peace instead. He advised us to avoid retaliation and revenge and to extend our love even to our enemies.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. (NIV, Matthew 5:38-45)

The apostle Paul and other New testament writers echoed Jesus' sentiment and expanded on it.

Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. "But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (NAS, Romans 12:17-21)

Despite the immense evil of war, Jesus said it is inevitable that wars will continue until He returns Mark 13:7-8, and He did not oppose earthly governments or their right to maintain armies Matthew 8:5-10. Other New Testament passages accept the necessity of maintaining armies and the worthiness of military occupations Luke 3:14, Acts 10:1-6

War is only justified for defence Romans 13:1-8. It should not be used to expand a nation's boundaries, or to take control of another nation. Which the United States isn't doing.  The militia should be up made of volunteers. Anyone who is faint-hearted or afraid should not be forced to fight. Deut 20:5-9 Only the civil government has authority to declare war. Individuals or companies do not have the authority to commit a nation to war. Any declaration of war must be in accordance with correct legal processes Deut 20:10. War should always be the last resort. Before declaring war, the civil government should try every means possible to obtain peace Deut 20:10 A Christian government should only declare war if it thinks it has a reasonable chance of success. Jesus said that before a king goes to war, he should sit down and consider whether he can match the army that is coming against him.

May I suggest you read the Bible and Learn, before it's to late.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 05:08:35 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the