Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:38:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Table In The Presence and Nam Vet
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Table In The Presence and Nam Vet  (Read 2430 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2006, 12:16:27 PM »

by Lt Carey H Cash

I just got this in the mail. I've read a lot about Chaplain Cash and this book and wanted to see what the talk was all about. I got the chance to get it and for free so now I guess I have to make some time to read it. Lieutenant Carey H. Cash, Chaplain, United States Navy, is a battalion chaplain to infantry Marines based at Camp Pendleton, California. In Operation Iraqi Freedom, his unit was the first ground combat element to cross the border into Iraq. He is a graduate of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and was commissioned as a chaplain in 1999. Carey and his wife, Charity, have five children, and live in Southern California.

Along with this book I also received another free book called "NAM VET, Making Peace With Your Past" by Chuck Dean.  Chuck’s book Nam Vet is not only for survivor’s guilt survivors. It’s for Nam vets, too. Actually, that’s who it’s primarily for. Nam Vet is not the most eloquent document, I doubt Chuck figured it was. But in the midst of all the books on Vietnam I’ve read over the years—even obscure ones, such as Vladislav Tamarov's Afghanistan, Soviet’s Vietnam (San Francisco, 1993) or Home Before Morning by Lynda Van Devanter (New York, 1983)—both very heavy!—Chuck’s book Nam Vet is so straight at you, so sincere. He takes you through the Nam to the VA and the world, back to the Veterans Hospitals, the clinics, through the dreams and running and memories and "two decades and a wakeup." He takes you there. He carries you along, right there with him.

Only at the end of the book does he lay down the Point Man International program. In the first eight chapters Chuck tells the stories of Nam vets, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and "Living For DEROS," "A Different Kind of War," "‘It Don’t Mean Nothin"," "Nightmares," "Survival Guilt and ‘Things I’ve Done’." Chapters nine and ten discuss the Veteran’s family, coping addictions, dead ends. Then in chapter eleven, Chuck tells his own story, Vietnam 1965-66, re-uping, the CIA, AWOL to Canada, his and his wife’s recent conversions to Christianity. Final chapter: "Making Peace with Your Past."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the