Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:53:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  In the news - muslims......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In the news - muslims......  (Read 67095 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 02:56:41 PM »

They fear such incidents could fuel "Islamophobia" — their term for irrational prejudice against anyone Islamic.

Irrational Huh They are the religion of peace and if you say different, they will shoot you.

"The sad reality is that there are extremists" who selectively misuse Islamic teachings to justify their violence, says Ingrid Mattson, a professor of Islamic Studies at Hartford Seminary in Hartford, Conn., and the president of the USA's largest Muslim civic and social group, the Islamic Society of North America.

Professor and president?? Has she read the koran??

"America gives people the unique opportunity to leave cultural, historical baggage behind," CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper says. "We can serve as a model to the world of an Islam that is clear, calm, articulate, forthright

CAIR is baggage I'd rather leave behind. It is so hard to read these double speaking Orwellian articles, they migraines!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 09:25:16 PM »

New piety squad patrols Ramallah

By DALIA NAMMARI, Associated Press Writer Thu Sep 27, 4:44 PM ET

RAMALLAH, West Bank - A new squad of morality police has begun detaining Palestinians who eat or drink in public during Ramadan in the West Bank, where the Islamic month of daytime fasting was always widely observed but never imposed.

The 12-member (goon) squad appears to be an attempt by President Mahmoud Abbas' West Bank government to challenge the monopoly on religious righteousness claimed by the militant group Hamas, the rival ruler of Gaza.

The sudden deployment of Ramadan police was unexpected in Ramallah, the seat of Abbas' government and the most cosmopolitan and well-to-do of the Palestinian cities. Ramadan squads have not been set up in other West Bank towns.

Watching observers arrive at one of the town's main mosques one recent afternoon, vice squad Lt. Murad Qendah got a radio call telling him a suspect has been spotted in the street imbibing "karoub" — a local soft drink made from carob pods. He ordered his six-man squad to seize the man's papers pending investigation. Police say violators are usually held for 24 hours.

"If anybody violates respect for Ramadan in the street, we take their identity papers and hold them for investigation," said Qendah, 27, whose officers wear red shoulder badges reading "morality police."

Police spokesman gotcha98 al-Damari said police have arrested at least 50 alleged public morality offenders in Ramallah since the start of Ramadan, but would not be going after people who break the fast in their own homes.

"The duty of the morality police is to preserve public manners in public places, and to preserve the feelings of the people who are fasting," he said. "Violating the holiness of Ramadan is a violation of people's freedom. "

Islamic custom demands that believers fast and refrain from self-indulgence between sunrise and sunset during Ramadan, which began Sept. 13 in the West Bank this year. The fast is largely observed across the Muslim world; voluntarily in some countries and under strict enforcement in others such as Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.

Writer Hassan Dandees, 58, said the government was right to seek to uphold religious standards.

"This is not a violation of anybody's freedom," he said. "Ramadan has a holiness every person should respect." Roll Eyes

But Ruba el-Mimi, 21, said she opposes the police action.

"It interferes with the privacy of the individual. People are free to fast or not," she said. "If somebody is not fasting, he's not doing harm."

In addition to booking smokers, snackers and carob juice drinkers, Qendah is also on the alert for young men whistling at girls or drivers playing their car stereos too loud.

Although the piety squad has government sanction, Cabinet minister Ashraf al-Ajrami, said he is uncomfortable with the operation and the impression that the government was trying to be more zealous than Hamas.

"We are studying this issue, and there's a possibility we shall end it," he said. "We don't want to change the order of things and appear as if we are following in the footsteps of somebody or imitating somebody."

Hamas rode support for its pious and incorruptible image to a landslide parliamentary election victory in 2006, then ran Fatah out of the Gaza Strip by force in June.

The religious party has imposed no Ramadan patrol of its own in Gaza, where the population is overwhelmingly conservative and social pressure alone is enough to stop public violations of the fast. Even members of the strip's small Christian community are careful not to cause offense by breaching the Ramadan code in front of their Muslim neighbors.

New piety squad patrols Ramallah

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 09:27:27 PM »

Muslim cleric suspected in smuggling fighters to Iraq shot dead in northern Syrian, aide says

© AP
2007-09-28 20:09:26 -

DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) - A Sunni Muslim cleric who in the past has been suspected of recruiting militants to fight in Iraq was shot dead as he left a mosque after Friday prayers in the northern city of Aleppo, an aide said.

Mohammed Gul Aghassi, 34, was instantly killed by a gunman who pumped five bullets into his body as he left the Imam Mosque where he regularly preaches after the noon prayers.

The aide, Ahmed Sadeq, told The Associated Press that he pursued the gunman and captured him, handing him over to authorities.

Sadeq accused «terrorists» of killing Aghassi for his «nationalist positions.» He did not elaborate.
It was not clear whether the killing was politically motivated or a personal vendetta.

Such attacks are uncommon in Syria, a country where security is generally tight.

Aghassi, also known as Abu Qa'qa', headed a theology school in Aleppo, Syria's second-largest city.

Western media in 2005 cited interviews with Sunni insurgents saying that he was a prominent figure in recruiting Arab fighters and helping funnel them into Iraq to fight U.S. and Iraqi troops. Aghassi denied the claims.

Syria has been accused by the United States of not doing enough to stem the flow of militants across its desert border with Iraq.

Muslim cleric suspected in smuggling fighters to Iraq shot dead in northern Syrian, aide says

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 09:29:05 PM »

More evidence showing why Syria is the onr of the world headquarters for terrorism. Apparently not as safe a haven as they might think.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 10:18:55 AM »

'Kill Jews and Christians' fliers found on cars
'Fight those who do not believe ... in Allah and Muhammed'

Police said anti-Jewish and anti-Christian fliers were found on cars parked in a lot on the northwest corner of 15 Mile and Ryan roads.

Sterling Heights police Detective Sgt. Paul Jesperson said three separate complaints were filed by residents Tuesday who found the fliers on their windshields.

He said the flier said: "Kill Jews and Christians if they don't believe in Allah and Mohammad."

It further advises people to "Fight those who do not believe."

"I really don't know what it means other than suggesting violence to Jews and Christians," Jesperson said. "We certainly have no intentions of stifling someone's religious beliefs but it is most certainly a violation of the law if you're condoning violence with this hate literature."

Jesperson said police received three complaints and the fliers were seen on at least 15 other cars in the parking lot.

He said there was no damage to the cars and no one else filed a complaint.

"I would imagine many people thought this was some type of advertising flier and didn't even read it," Jesperson said.

Sam Richardson, who was shopping at the Kroger store on Tuesday, saw the flier on his windshield while walking to his car and asked his 11-year-old daughter to remove it.

He said she walked toward him while she was reading the flier and then she started crying.

"She asked me what the flier was all about," said Richardson, an electrician at General Motors. "I tried to explain to her what it meant and I then had to explain it to my 7-year-old son."

The operators of the New Sahara restaurant, located near the Kroger store, said they are Chaldean Catholics and do not condone violence against others who have opposite religious beliefs.

Jay, a longtime waiter at Sahara, said he was unaware of the fliers.

"These are touchy times and I don't want my name used," said Jay. "But we are peace-loving people who love the United States and feel all people can live here harmoniously."

Richardson said it is hard for a parent to explain to his children why some people want to kill others simply because of religious disagreements. He told his son and daughter that regardless of their feelings about another individual, a person in the United States has a right to practice any religion.

"We try to protect our children but we cannot shield them from all of the hate in this world," said Richardson, a Sterling Heights resident. "The person who put this flier on my car saying someone should be killed understandably upset my daughter and son."

Police said they will continue to investigate the fliers.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 02:04:34 PM »

Muslim footbaths spark another fight 
Pastor warns trend 1st step in Islamic goal of imposing sharia in U.S.

Indianapolis airport officials have announced plans to add footbaths for Muslims who wish to wash before their five-times-daily prayer rituals, and that's just too much for one pastor, who has called for residents to organize and protest.

The issue has been appearing in more and more airports and other public facilities in recent weeks, where Muslim immigrants are a growing segment of cab drivers, who spend hours waiting on arriving passengers for their fares.

Several years ago, officials with Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix boasted of a new "customer service," providing footwashing facilities for Muslims.

"The cab drivers were asking for more washroom facilities as a group, and a majority of them wanted some place to wash before they pray," Deborah Ostreicher, public information officer, told the Arizona Republic. "This is a way we thought we could reach out as a customer service."

Similar facilities have been built at Kansas City International, although airport officials repeatedly have insisted the washing facilities are for anyone aided by the presence of seating and low faucets.

One editorial writer called it "creeping dhimmitude," where America is joining the "global community of nations dominated by Islam," and now Rev. Jerry Hillenburg, pastor at Hope Baptist Church in Indianapolis, says he's going to be working to halt such changes at the city's airport.

He's announced a rally Saturday at 11 a.m. to oppose the tax-funded footwashing sinks for Muslims at the airport.

"How do you eat an elephant?" Hillenburg asked during an interview with WND. "One bite at a time. And this is just the first bite of the elephant, a step towards Islam's desired goal, which is to thrust the entire world under one single Islamic caliphate under sharia law."

He told the Indianapolis newspaper that such actions reflect a "fraternization" with enemies during a time of war, and he's calling on Mayor Bart Peterson to halt the installation of the facilities.

His sermon in response to the situation was titled "Stop Caving in to Islam," and Hillenberg said it's unreasonable to use such public facilities for the support of a single religion.

Airport officials, faced with the sudden publicity and demands from the public, admitted their plans to build facilities on airport property to accommodate the prayer needs of Muslims are not final. But they were planned as part of restrooms in a new airport terminal that is due for completion next year.

"We're really a long way from having this set in stone," said Airport Authority spokesman David Dawson.

He told the newspaper that comments from members of the public will have an effect on the final plans for the property, which is owned by the Airport Authority, a public entity.

Shariq A. Siddiqui, executive director of the Muslim Alliance of Indiana, said the real issue is that American Muslims face intolerance every day.

"The problem I have with him is that he associates Muslims with the enemy," Siddiqui said. "For him to demonize all of us is the problem."

Hillenburg told the mayor that putting sinks on public property that would primarily serve Muslims could be unconstitutional. That move, Hillenburg said, simply is an "appeasement" of Muslims.

While the airport has an interfaith chapel, Hillenburg said he would be surprised if the authority would allow the installation of a baptistry or basins for holy water.

"I don't hate Muslims. I don't hate people who follow Islam," he said. "But I am at odds with anyone who threatens America and its citizenry; and I am at odds with anyone, period, who wants to destroy Christianity."

The ACLU has not opposed the installation of the religion-specific facilities in other locations. When the University of Michigan installed footbaths in campus restrooms, it concluded that the university's reason was for "practical cleanliness and safety."

"They won't let us (Christians) have the Ten Commandments, Merry Christmas or children praying at a school convocation," Hillenburg told WND. "We've had the Establishment Clause shoved down our throats for the last 40 years."

"[This situation] boils down to the appeasement of Islam at the cost of oppression to Christianity," he said. "We have lived with the Supreme Court's separation of church and state for years. We've had Christmas trees banned, Nativity scenes taken down, in the state General Assembly in Indiana a federal judge ruled it is unconstitutional to have a Christian prayer."

Russ Richards, who works in the transportation industry at Sky Harbor in Phoenix, said he's documented similar facilities that have been on the airport property for several years already.

"In the airport's cab lot (C-lot) they not only have footbaths but also a covered designated prayer area with 'misters,' benches, and prayer rugs," he said. "If people other than Muslims go into the area, they are 'swooped' on by Islamic followers as to the intent of any non-Muslim."

He told WND the facility essentially is a mosque on public property for the benefit of Muslims. "It's their space. They mark it with their rugs."

The earlier report in the Arizona Republic said it might be the first such facility in the nation.

Abdul Malik Omar, who owns Metro Transportation, a limousine company on Phoenix, said observers sometimes can see 30 or 40 people praying together in open space. He said even more accommodations should be added, including a permanent place to pray.

Robert Spencer, who founded Jidah Watch, compared installing a footbath for a Muslim to putting in a holy water font to accommodate Catholics.

"The only conceivable group that will use the footbath are Muslims for prayer," he said. "It's a religious installation for a religious use."

WND earlier reported on the situation at Kansas City International Airport, where officials completed the installation and then announced the washing areas could be used for any number of purposes.

"Many of us believe that had this request come from, say, a majority of Catholic cab drivers who requested holy water founts or to have a Ten Commandments plaque installed in airport public facilities, even at their own expense, there would have been a severe outcry from the PC (politically correct) bully pulpit about 'separation of church and state' and in the name of 'religious tolerance,'" said Missy Holthoefer, a longtime KCI user.

"When will the PC bureaucrats get a real clue from history and religious studies that appeasement is the worst way to counter the growing threat from Islamic radicals? To the PC crowd: 'Muslim appeasement' [equals] 'showing weakness and thus vulnerability,'" she said.

One official at KCI even apparently tried intimidation in an effort to eliminate discussion about the recently installed footbaths, after repeated denials that they are intended for Muslims to perform their ritual.

"That's the way I perceived it," Kevin Peterson told WND in a telephone interview.

Peterson said he shares his name with a union steward for the Air Traffic Controllers Union at Kansas City's airport, but he is not the same individual. He was sent an e-mail from airport spokesman Joe McBride, who assumed he was writing to the union steward. about the issue.

"The Indianapolis Star reports that the Indianapolis Airport is installing Muslim foot-washing basins in an upcoming renovation," Peterson wrote. "The paper says that Muslim footwashing basis are already installed at KCI.

"Are you planning to issue a denial as to the purpose of the KCI basins to the Indianapolis Star?" he asked.

"I assume you are the Kevin Peterson who is the union steward for the air traffic controllers union," the e-mail, signed electronically with McBride's name, said.

"Point number one on the first e-mail suggests that your [sic] are in the control tower near the cab facility. I read your previous e-mail on this topic. Your stance is not in the best interest of the airport and the federal government, your employer," the e-mail said.

Peterson, however, said McBride had called later to apologize for the tone of his note.

"My opinion is that the decision makers at KCI were hiding behind Mr. McBride," Peterson said.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 02:09:02 PM »

Threatened Islam critic forced to leave U.S. 
Ayaan Hirsi Ali loses Dutch-financed personal security, Americans won't pick up

A leading critic of Islam reportedly has been forced to leave the U.S. because American authorities will not finance her personal security.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali – who wrote the script of a controversial film about repression of women in Muslim culture – has returned to the Netherlands, said the Dutch daily NRC Handelsblad.

The Dutch government says that since Ali has been in the States for more than a year, it no longer would pay the expenses for her security.

Ali, 37, had been working for the Washington-based think tank American Enterprise Institute since August 2006.

She has been living under strict personal security measures provided by the Dutch government since 2004, when her life was threatened by Muslim radical Mohammed Bouyeri.

In November 2004, Bouyeri assassinated the director of the film "Submission," for which Ali wrote the script.

Ali, a native of Somalia, was granted asylum in the Netherlands in 1992 and became a legislator for the Liberal VVD party.

Her family moved to Saudi Arabia when she was 6 years old then went on to Ethiopia before settling in Kenya.

Ali told her story in the best-selling book "Infidel," published this year.

Her straightforward criticism of Islam and unabashed appreciation of America were on display in an interview with incredulous Canadian TV host Avi Lewis.

"Islam means submission to the will of Allah, a doctrine that requires from the individual to become a slave," Ali told Lewis.

Islam, she said, "keeps people backward" by limiting their imaginations to what can be found in the Quran and the example of Muhammad.

Lewis retorted: "Surely there are many versions of Islam, like there are may versions of Christianity or Judaism, of all major religions. You are presenting it as one thing, and it's just obviously not."

Ali replied: "Islam, as a faith, as a doctrine, defined by what's in the Quran and the example of the prophet Muhammad – unreformed, unchallenged – is a monolith.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 01:34:39 PM »

Fanatic Muslim Family Day

On Sunday, October 14, 2007, Six Flags Over Texas, a Dallas-area amusement park, will be invaded by a radical Muslim organization that has physical ties with the Muslim Brotherhood and financial ties to Hamas. While most patrons of the park come for the games and rides, those involved with this group’s event, Muslim Family Day, may very well have found an original and appealing way to spread anti-Western hatred.

The Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), an umbrella organization for South Asian-oriented mosques and Islamic centers throughout the United States and Canada, has been in existence for over three decades. Those that founded it had done so in order to create an American arm for the Muslim Brotherhood of Pakistan, Jamaat-e-Islami (JI), and never has ICNA relinquished that connection. Indeed, just one year ago, ICNA was the top donor of a JI charity, the Al-Khidmat Foundation (AKF), that provided tens of thousands of dollars to the head of Hamas, Khaled Mashaal.

Apart from its working relationship with terrorists abroad, ICNA does an exceptional job of portraying itself as “mainstream.” The group runs annual functions, in a number of cities, that are presented as family entertainment. The same will be the case, next month, when members of ICNA embark on Arlington, Texas, at Six Flags Over Dallas, for their Muslim Family Day.

Co-sponsoring the day is the Islamic Association of North Texas (IANT) a.k.a. the Dallas Central Mosque. IANT has helped to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for the legal defense of Hamas operative Ghassan Elashi and his four brothers, one of which was on the mosque’s board. The Elashis have been tied to a Hamas financing ring, which included an internet company, InfoCom Corporation, and an Islamic charity, Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (HLF). A Dallas trial regarding the Elashis and HLF, which began in July, is currently in its closing stages.

The upcoming event will feature prayer sessions at the Music Mill Theatre, halal food vendors, and Islamic organization tables offering the latest in extremist propaganda. As well, drawing parallels to Hamas TV’s late Mickey Mouse look-alike, Farfur, Muslim Family Day will offer a Bugs Bunny and Friends parade.

This is not the first time ICNA has used Six Flags to spread its message. The group holds yearly events at Six Flags’ Great Adventure in New Jersey, the most recent of which took place in September of 2006. While many would consider it a harmless gesture for an organization to rent out an amusement park, with regard to ICNA, nothing is harmless.

As stated previously, ICNA was found to have been a recent donor to Hamas. However, ICNA has also been involved in the financing of Al-Qaeda. Shortly before (and after) the attacks on 9/11, ICNA’s Southeast division called on its website viewers to give “material support” to their brethren in Chechnya. Attached to this call was a link to one of the main websites raising funds and recruiting fighters for Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. The site, Jihad in Chechnya, was produced by Azzam Publications, named for the mentor of Osama bin Laden, Abdullah Azzam. Additionally, one of the individuals involved in the creation of the website, Mazen Mokhtar, who has since been indicted on charges of tax fraud, was a featured speaker at different ICNA and ICNA-affiliate events.

Over time, ICNA has worked to create various radical projects. Among them are its youth wing,Young Muslims (YM), and a web information center called Why Islam? [The logos of YM and Why Islam? are found on the homepage of the Muslim Family Day website.] Both of these institutions provide forums on the internet for members and organization leaders to converse with one another. Found on the forums have been support for overseas terrorist organizations and calls for violence against Americans and Jews.

On the YM site, forum Moderator Living Shaheed wrote, “I pray to Allah that I would become violent if someone stole my home, or killed by brother or sister, of denied that I existed or even had a history... Israel and America have to be made to realise that a JUST PEACE is the only solution, even if it means they realise it at the barrel of a gun!” Forum Moderator Mujahideen Ryder wrote, “Let’s go al aqsa martyrs brigade! Where u at hamas? Where my hezbuallah brothaz at? Iz all good brothers and sisters, they’ll be more yahoodi [Jewish] blood.”

On the Why Islam? site, forum member New User wrote, “I could careless for PEACE B.S. examples and B.S. [sic] refernces, PEACE is for the weak people that can be stepped on; PEACE is for fools that want to remain under control. Peace is a fragment of your imagination; PEACE will not bring back [founder of Hamas] Shiekh Yassin.” Forum member Brother Jim C. wrote, “I don’t think Hamas has a reason to not want to destroy Israel.” And member True Mu’min, who uses a forum avatar (icon) of Looney Tunes character Taz, wrote, “I hope that I die as a martyr.”

While using images of cartoon characters and sponsoring events at amusement parks may seem innocuous, the danger that the Islamic Circle of North America poses to the United States, Canada and others is clear. As a faction of the Muslim Brotherhood, the organization looks to impose Islam on Western society, and as a donor to a terrorist organization, the group is a willing participant in the act of violence.

ICNA’s Muslim Family Day that will occur on October 14, 2007 is nothing but a charade, created to spread hatred, but veiled in a way to make the sponsoring organization look harmless. Six Flags will play host to this dangerous farce. If events, such as these, are allowed to continue, more and more Americans could become desensitized to those groups – fifth columns within our borders that wish to do us harm. It is up to those concerned to speak out against these travesties that threaten our way of life.

Americans Against Hate will be leading a protest outside Six Flags Over Texas, on Sunday, October 14th to call attention to ICNA’s ties to terrorist financing.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 09:20:30 PM »

Well this isn't a satire but still hilarious. This from a nation that, to my understanding, makes issues over visitors to SA wearing crosses and won't allow "non-believers" free access to all of Mecca.

Saudi Arabia complains about treatment of Muslims in Europe

HRC to Address Muslim Rights Issues in Europe
Raid Qusti, Arab News

RIYADH, 4 October 2007 — Saudi Arabia’s Human Rights Commission (HRC) will urge its counterparts in the European Union to ask their governments not to link terrorism to Islam and also to issue regulations to protect Muslims from prejudice and discrimination because of their faith.

According to a source at HRC, the government-funded rights body will also address various human rights issues in Europe: when Muslims are unjustly interrogated, treated with disrespect, physically or mentally abused, or not allowed to practice their faith freely such as Muslim girls being prevented from wearing the hijab (head cover) in some schools.

The points are expected to be addressed during HRC’s official participation in the Second Arab-European Dialogue on Human Rights and Terrorism, which will take place in Copenhagen on Oct.21-23. “The dialogue is significant because it is being held in Denmark, where the controversy started over the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) cartoons,” the source told Arab News.

HRC President Turki Al-Sudairi has assigned two HRC officials, Khaled Al-Obeid and Ali Al-Mustaneer, to represent the organization in the dialogue.

“HRC’s participation in the dialogue is part of its role to communicate and discuss with regional and international rights bodies matters that concern the rights of humans against discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, or sex,” the HRC said in an official statement.

Among topics up for discussion are “Islamaphobia” and the fear Europeans have of Muslims or Islam as a religion. People’s general attitudes toward Muslims will also be on the agenda. Another topic the rights body is expected to address is the history of Islam in Europe, specifically in Spain where Muslims contributed to the prosperity of humanity at a time when most of Europe was struggling through the Dark Ages.

According to HRC, this second dialogue is expected to come up with several recommendations similar to the first dialogue held in Amman on April 18 and 19 this year. The Amman conference concluded by backing the international bill of rights and other human rights instruments, emphasizing that states are obliged to ensure that anti-terrorist measures comply with human rights standards, and stressing the importance of national human rights agencies in advising governments and monitoring anti-terrorist legislation.

The delegates also urged governments, politicians and the media not to resort to discriminatory ethnic stereotypes in their battle against terrorism. In addition, the delegates recommended the establishment of an Arab-Euro working group, consisting of representatives from two Arab and two European human rights organizations.

These working groups would be able to enter into dialogue with governments and politicians as well as engage with professionals employed in the police force, intelligence services, the courts, civil society and the media.

Saudi Arabia complains about treatment of Muslims in Europe

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 09:25:51 PM »

Among topics up for discussion are “Islamaphobia” and the fear Europeans have of Muslims or Islam as a religion. People’s general attitudes toward Muslims will also be on the agenda.

The Amman conference concluded by backing the international bill of rights and other human rights instruments, emphasizing that states are obliged to ensure that anti-terrorist measures comply with human rights standards, and stressing the importance of national human rights agencies in advising governments and monitoring anti-terrorist legislation.

The delegates also urged governments, politicians and the media not to resort to discriminatory ethnic stereotypes in their battle against terrorism. In addition, the delegates recommended the establishment of an Arab-Euro working group, consisting of representatives from two Arab and two European human rights organizations.

These working groups would be able to enter into dialogue with governments and politicians as well as engage with professionals employed in the police force, intelligence services, the courts, civil society and the media.

Is this the complaint department? Great. I would like to file a complaint about the treatment of all woman and all Christians in Saudi Arabia. What? What do you mean I can't ask for such things? What do you mean I'm discriminatory against their religions and culture? Woah, wait, you're telling me I am the one violating their human rights? What about the rights of my religion and my culture? OH, ok, I'm being selfish.... I get it.... Ok, ok, so what you are saying is that I need to just shut up, give them what they want and "go with the flow." Right, like that's worked in the past.... *click*

Saudi Arabia is one of the largest exporters of terrorism in the world!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 09:43:27 PM »

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Men get 7000 lashes for sodomy

From correspondents in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
October 04, 2007 08:56pm

TWO men in Saudi Arabia have been sentenced to 7000 lashes each after being convicted of sodomy and have received their first round of punishment in public, a newspaper said today.

The men, who were not identified, were meted out an unspecified number of lashes in public in the the southwestern city of Al-Bahah on Tuesday evening, the Al-Okaz daily reported.

They were then returned to prison where they are to be held until the full punishment is completed, the newspaper added, without saying how many sessions this would involve.

Homosexual acts are illegal in Saudi Arabia, which metes out strict punishment based on sharia, or Islamic law.

Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking can all carry the death penalty in the kingdom, with public beheading the common form of execution.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 09:48:17 PM »

I'm not condoning their lifestyle but do think this penalty is barbaric.

It seems the lashes are not done in succession. This way they have time to heal and then the lashes resume. So they probably won't die. And they will probably continue being practicing homosexuals. It's just the next time they'll be more careful.

As for them "not having this problem in Iran"..... I wouldn't bet on it.

We all deserve 7000 lashes and then some, but Jesus paid the price in our sin. Such a concept should leave us humbled and with great compassion for the lost.

You know, I can find humor in almost any thing, but this... well, it's disturbing, to say the least.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2007, 10:10:25 PM »

"Muslims are masters of the world, its leaders and teachers, even if the West rejects this."

by Itamar Marcus and Barbara Crook

One of the defining principles of Hamas and the Islamic Brotherhood is their insistence that the only truth is Islam and that the world is destined to be enlightened only when ruled by Islam. A similar Islamic supremacist ideology was expressed recently in an article by a Palestinian Authority religious leader who was appointed last year by Mahmoud Abbas as member of the Supreme Fatwa Council: "Muslims are masters of the world, its leaders and teachers, even if the West rejects this."

"The Muslims and their societies are more advanced and more sublime than the West and its societies… are more perfect in value system and humanity. The fact that there are those who believe that these are Western values – it is a delusion and false, since the Muslims are masters of the world, its leaders and teachers, even if the West rejects this."

This continues the ongoing social-religious evolution that PMW has been reporting for some time, in which the radical Islamic ideology of Hamas is being adopted by the Fatah of Mahmoud Abbas. See PMW's recent report on the newest PA schoolbooks, "From Nationalist Battle to Religious Conflict".

The following was written by Dr. Hamza Dhib Mustafa, member of the Supreme Fatwa Council, appointed by Abbas in August 2006:

"To what does the publication of the declaration of human rights in the West testify in 1948? Didn’t Islam issue something much greater 14 centuries ago?

"Despite these rights, reserved for humans… we see chilling and embarrassing operations from the states who claim to be democratic, or is it possible that they classify themselves as one of the states of the First World, since… what did the United States do in South America? What did America do in Iraq and Afghanistan? And what does the Israeli occupation do to our Palestinian people, by occupying its land, the requisition of its property and its banishment to everywhere on the face of the earth?

"All this in the era of the declaration on human rights. Despite this declaration, humanity is still suffering much from the degradation of human respect, from racial discrimination and from social injustice, and by whom? By those that declared these rights!...

"Yet, these rights… Islam espoused them 14 centuries ago… Europe and the West in general, would never have reached these principles, had they not been influenced by the advanced Islamic culture and had they not borrowed much from it, including this declaration…

"Islamic societies are cultured, humane and righteous societies, since oppression had not found its way to them and the killing did not spread nor extend among them. They do not go beyond the punishment defined by Islamic law with all that pertains to human rights, regardless of their religion, race, color and their countries [of origin], since human beings are equal from the point of view of Islam… Everyone is equal under the law in terms of their rights and obligations…

"It says in the Quran… in the words [of Allah], praise him: “O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you.” [Quran, 49,13]

"This and more, Islam promises various rights to the human. It promises him freedom of religion and citizenship, freedom of thought, the right to property, political freedom and his right to employment. The thing that has no doubt… is that Islam preceded Europe and the West, in general, with all that pertains to matters of human rights by no less than 13 centuries …

"The Muslims and their societies are more advanced and more sublime than the West and its societies. They are earlier in human civilization, and are more perfect in value system and humanity. The fact that there are those who believe that these are Western values – it is a delusion and false, since the Muslims are masters, leaders and teachers of the world, even if the West rejects this. It is no wonder that this is rejected by the West, the most eager rival of Islam, its followers and its culture. But shocking and amazing is that these are opinions of some Muslims, and this misdirects their compass from the path of truth, righteousness and wisdom.

“Quite a number of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] wish they could turn you (Muslims) back to be infidels after you have believed, from selfish envy, after the Truth hath become Manifest unto them.” [Quran, 2,109]

Muslims are masters of the world, its leaders and teachers, even if the West rejects this.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2007, 10:12:28 PM »

"Muslims are masters of the world, its leaders and teachers, even if the West rejects this."

Excuse me, God is, was, and always will be Master of the World. There ain't no substitute!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007, 10:13:41 PM »

Officials Invite Iranian, World Muslims to Int'l Qods Day Rallies

TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- Iran's Supreme Leader, president, parliament speaker, judiciary head, cabinet ministers and armed forces as well as other governmental and non-governmental bodies, institutions and universities called on all Iranians and the world Muslims to show their support for the Palestinians by participating in the International Qods Day rallies this Friday.

In separate statements, Iranian officials demanded the Muslim people worldwide to show their strong support for the oppressed Palestinian people and cry out their opposition to the atrocities of the illegal regime of the Zionists who still continue their daily massacre of the innocent people even after 60 years of invasion and occupation of Palestine.

The statements said that Muslims' outcry against the Zionist regime would display the vigilance and unity of the world Muslims and their resistance and struggles against oppression, cruelty and injustice.

Meantime, the Iranian officials all said that they would participate in the International Qods Day rallies to show solidarity of the Iranian people and government in supporting the Palestinians against the Zionist and usurper regime of Israel.

In Tehran, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is due to address millions of demonstrators after participating in the Qods Day rallies with his ministers.

Officials Invite Iranian, World Muslims to Int'l Qods Day Rallies

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the