Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  GOD don't want you to have TATTOO
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GOD don't want you to have TATTOO  (Read 15491 times)
ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2006, 08:21:27 PM »

Et tu Brutis?

I have been judged, condemned, misunderstood, and plain rejected by many of my "brothers and
sisters" simply because I did not fit into their ideal representation of what a "christian" should look like!

Untill recently I had a ponytail that reached almost to my belt, a full beard, and oh yeah I have a
dreaded, terrible, tattoo....oooooh!

You would be amazed how many church members were trying to "drag"me to the alters. They would
tell me how glad they were that I had come to their church to hear the new evangelist!
This was usually said as their eyes were looking over my bike, my leathers, and my ...oooooh tattoos!

Can you even begin to imagine their surprize when the evangelist they were bragging about turned out
to be me?!?

When will we learn in the churches that God does not look on the outward appearances, but upon the
heart.Rev. 3:20  Behold I stand at the door and knock, if any man hear my voice I will come in and sup
with him.

It does not matter if the person setting on my church bench is dressed punk, with spiked hair, dressed
gothic with black eye shadow and nails, or dressed in a 500.00 dollar business suit I will show each of
them the same fullfilling love of Jesus.

Too often we forget , once we have been saved for a while, where we have come from..The difference
between a sinner and a saint is really very basic--- A saint is a sinner saved by grace!

No big mystery, no great ritual. Salvation by the shed blood of Jesus, repentance of sin, and acceptance
of the grace of God. Suddenly that biker is a preacher, that punk rocker is a sunday school superintendant,
and that gothic teen is the new youth pastor.

Stop looking with man's eyes, and start to look with the eyes of God, you will see thing in a different
lighjt when we look through the crimpson colored glassed call the blood of calvary!

respectfully yours in Yeshua:

ravenloche

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2006, 08:27:54 PM »

Et tu Brutis? Huh[

I understand some are turned off by tattoo's and piercins, but they can be an access to otherwise unapprochable people that also need Christ.

I have been judged, condemned, misunderstood, and plain rejected by many of my "brothers and
sisters" simply because I did not fit into their ideal representation of what a "christian" should look like!

Untill recently I had a ponytail that reached almost to my belt, a full beard, and oh yeah I have a
dreaded, terrible, tattoo....oooooh!

You would be amazed how many church members were trying to "drag"me to the alters. They would
tell me how glad they were that I had come to their church to hear the new evangelist!
This was usually said as their eyes were looking over my bike, my leathers, and my ...oooooh tattoos!

Can you even begin to imagine their surprize when the evangelist they were bragging about turned out
to be me?!?

When will we learn in the churches that God does not look on the outward appearances, but upon the
heart.Rev. 3:20  Behold I stand at the door and knock, if any man hear my voice I will come in and sup
with him.

It does not matter if the person setting on my church bench is dressed punk, with spiked hair, dressed
gothic with black eye shadow and nails, or dressed in a 500.00 dollar business suit I will show each of
them the same fullfilling love of Jesus.

Too often we forget , once we have been saved for a while, where we have come from..The difference
between a sinner and a saint is really very basic--- A saint is a sinner saved by grace!

No big mystery, no great ritual. Salvation by the shed blood of Jesus, repentance of sin, and acceptance
of the grace of God. Suddenly that biker is a preacher, that punk rocker is a sunday school superintendant,
and that gothic teen is the new youth pastor.

Stop looking with man's eyes, and start to look with the eyes of God, you will see thing in a different
lighjt when we look through the crimpson colored glassed call the blood of calvary!

respectfully yours in Yeshua:

ravenloche Huh
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 08:52:12 PM by ravenloche » Logged

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
EndTimeEvangelist

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2006, 02:31:06 PM »

HE accepts us, warts and all.
Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 139:16 NASB  Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

WOW, now That statement really brings back some OLD memories!
The very first time I ever preached was in a Free Will Baptist Church in Arkansas, I took my text from 1st Samuel 16 verse 7 Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart.

My entire message consisted of these words: 'No Matter what you like, even if you have WARTS on your face God still loves you and God will still accept you!

I was 17 years old.

My son and daughter in law both have tattoos, I love them both, and I KNOW Jesus loves them both.

My son plays drums in a Christian band, and my daughter in law is the leader of a Christian drama team in their church.

AND I am considering getting a tattoo myself....  Grin
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 02:34:10 PM by EndTimeEvangelist » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »

Hi ETE, Welcome to Christians Unite. That is a truthful and awesome statement.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2006, 04:17:34 PM »

Hello EndTimeEvangelist,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!

As you can see, there are varying opinions on this topic, but we have managed to discuss it in peace for the most part. I think that I'll just give thanks that God's children will be spending eternity with JESUS, and we will be given glorified bodies at His appointed time.

I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 23:3 NASB  He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.

YOUNG MEGATRON

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2006, 05:31:33 AM »

I think when we are being Judged and they are searching for our names in the book of life, They will be looking at our activity and moral that took place on earth and most importantly our personal relationship with Christ.

The_Shepherds_Sheep

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2006, 09:41:19 PM »

Leviticus 19:28. It is okay to have a tattoo if you are saved, but not to get 1 afterwards. There are several people in the congregation of the church I go to that have tattoos and they are good friends and people. But without talking to them about tattoos they would tell you themselves that they are wrong. It is true that God loves you anyway, but when you break one of His hundreds of commandments, you are in sin.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2006, 09:49:30 PM »

Hi The_Shepherds_Sheep,

Welcome to Christians Unite. Do you keep all of the hundreds of commandments? Are you a law keeper?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
The_Shepherds_Sheep

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2006, 10:17:37 PM »

Ask yourself that for I quote from the Bible," Take the log out of your eye before you attempt to take the speck out of your brothers eye." I try my best to do according to His will. And I will be the first to say," No." But the subject of this forum is tattoos and if they are right, not if I am in sin or not, and I once again give you scripture Leviticus 19:28.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 10:25:26 PM by The_Shepherds_Sheep » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2006, 10:23:40 PM »

I see that you seem afraid to answer my question.

I ask you again do you believe that you keep all the laws?

The_Shepherds_Sheep

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2006, 10:26:45 PM »

Read mine again, I answered your question. Leviticus 19:28.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2006, 10:37:24 PM »

Yes I see that you added that in after I asked you again.

G_G_PRINCESS

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2007, 04:42:38 PM »

Kiss Hey, I think that tattoos are a good way to witness to people.  I think that when the Bible talks about not getting Tattoos it more has to do with that day and time.  Back then getting tattoos were a type idol worship.  I think it all depends on the motives of your heart.  If you are doing it to be rebellious or something then yes it is a sin and you shouldn't do it.  I think you shouldn't get tattoos because of the danger of getting infections and things.  Those are my thoughts.  Cheesy
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2007, 12:17:49 PM »

What I love about my blessed Saviour is that He accepted me as I was and didn't expect perfection. I don't have and don't want any tattoos or piercings, but to each their own on that. I do agree that we should respect the temple of God (our body) and not deface it, but I don't get too concerned about what people do to their bodies, although I can't understand some things people do to themselves.

God says to come  to Him as you are, and He will make any necessary changes. However, He is more concerned with our hearts than with our body.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
HisJoy!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2007, 12:55:09 AM »

It is OK to have tattoo if you had tattoo already before you came to Christ.  It is OK to have them afterwards too!  But when you witness to people they notice everything. It might be OK to some you witness to but it might not be OK to others.  But as a Christian I love you just the way you are! Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the