Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:07:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Payback
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Payback  (Read 7550 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2006, 09:39:13 AM »

Didn't you have a surge protector? I have one that my internet cable and power cables both goes through. There are those you can get that have the phone line can go through also for those that have dial up.

Yes I have a surge protector, remember my husband is an IT and he used to build computers for a living, the tranporter that blew up was really close at first it started up ok but after a few hours the mouse stopped working, the usb port burned out. Then it started smelling like wires were burning, then it decided to shut itself down and restart by itself. Then all my drives were missing. so it's been down for 2 days now.  Cry Sad Cry

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2006, 09:42:17 AM »

You think I'd stoop so low as to post merely for the furtherment of my own post ranking?  

YUP!!   Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2006, 09:46:32 AM »

Too late .... now we need to pray for a new computer for her.

Undecided Undecided

Yes please pray, press hard till I get a new computer. I have all my church translation work there and I need it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2006, 10:08:08 AM »

Yes please pray, press hard till I get a new computer. I have all my church translation work there and I need it.

Sister, if you can't get the computer to turn on and work don't throw it away, because if the disk drive was not harmed you can still retrieve the data off of it for a new computer. That way all your data will be saved. It is just a matter of putting the disk drive into the new computer.

I've had to do that a couple of times.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2006, 10:25:51 AM »

Sister, if you can't get the computer to turn on and work don't throw it away, because if the disk drive was not harmed you can still retrieve the data off of it for a new computer. That way all your data will be saved. It is just a matter of putting the disk drive into the new computer.

I've had to do that a couple of times.

I would never do that I have 2 hard drives each one has 40 gigs. Thank God one of the hard drives is removable and I can hook it up to another computer and have that information, but maybe I just need a new motherboard (I sure hope that wil be all).

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2006, 10:36:54 AM »

Actually both hard drives can be removed and installed into a different computer thereby saving all of your data.

It may be just the power supply unit that was damaged. Some of them have failsafes in them that cause them to go out and not damage anything else in the computer. Mine has a built in circuit breaker/ surge protector. I still plug it into a power strip that is a surge protector also.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2006, 10:48:43 AM »

I sure hope it was just the power supply PR. My husband intended to look at it last nign when we got home from church, but since he is the IT for the church and he does all the netwoking and all, he had to stay and take care of some things, then one of our minister needed him to look at her laptop, and so it goes that by the time we got home it was going on 9:30, and he was tired. So hopefully he'll be able to look at it today, and maybe fix it. I probably wouldn't buy a new computer. maybe  just the motherboard, processor, memory, and power supply. I would keep the case, monitor, keyboard, mouse and especially the hard drives. I have years and years of research and information, music, family photos, Bible software, books you name it. I would hate to lose all that.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2006, 11:03:04 AM »

It sounds like he has a good handle on things then. If you replace the motherboard you also replace the memory and processor as they are all one board. Usually though if the power supply needs replaced you can get a tower with power supply already in it for a lot less than you can for the power supply unit by itself. From the sounds of it though your husband would already know that and would compare the difference to get the best bargain.

My son and I have built quite a few computers from scratch and we always found it to be easier and cheaper just to get the tower with the power supply already installed.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2006, 11:24:06 AM »

My brother in law works for a computer store and he gets a very good discount for power supplies. I might consider  a new tower though, some of them now a days also come with the motherboard already in them too. I prefer building from scratch, because you can upgrade the computer, as needed.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2006, 11:35:30 AM »

I prefer building from scratch, because you can upgrade the computer, as needed.

Me, too.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2006, 12:43:31 PM »

Me, too.

Oh well Praise God. He knew my computer was due for an upgrade anyway, so I am expecting that He will provide.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2006, 12:47:32 PM »

Amen, sister, that He will.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the