Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:11:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A.W. Tozer, Bible studies and sermons
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A.W. Tozer, Bible studies and sermons  (Read 76544 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #795 on: July 12, 2016, 01:36:48 PM »

"God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which he must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves."
±++++++++++

"Jesus calls us to his rest, and meekness is His method. The meek man cares not at all who is greater than he, for he has long ago decided that the esteem of the world is not worth the effort."
±±++++++++++

Has it ever occurred to you that one hundred pianos all tuned to the same fork are automatically tuned to each other? They are of one accord by being tuned, not to each other, but to another standard to which each one must individually bow. So one hundred worshipers met together, each one looking away to Christ, are in heart nearer to each other than they could possibly be, were they to become 'unity' conscious and turn their eyes away from God to strive for closer fellowship
±+++++++++±++++

From the book by A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #796 on: July 13, 2016, 11:44:22 AM »

The world is perishing for lack of the knowledge of God and the Church is famishing for want of His Presence..
++++++++++++++++++

Millions call themselves by His name, it is true, and pay some token homage to Him, but a simple test will show how little He is really honored among them. Let the average man be put to the proof on the question of who or what is ABOVE, and his true position will be exposed. Let him be forced into making a choice between God and money, between God and men, between God and personal ambition, God and self, God and human love, and God will take second place every time. Those other things will be exalted above. However the man may protest, the proof is in the choice he makes day after day throughout his life.
+++++++++++!+++++

Let us practice the fine art of making every work a priestly ministration. Let us believe that God is in all our simple deeds and learn to find Him there.

From A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:46:31 AM by Shammu » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #797 on: July 13, 2016, 11:51:34 AM »

"There is within the human heart a tough fibrous root of fallen life whose nature is to possess, always to possess. It covets `things' with a deep and fierce passion. The pronouns `my' and `mine' look innocent enough in print, but their constant and universal use is significant. They express the real nature of the old Adamic man better than a thousand volumes of theology could do. They are verbal symptoms of our deep disease. The roots of our hearts have grown down into things, and we dare not pull up one rootlet lest we die. Things have become necessary to us, a development never originally intended. God's gifts now take the place of God, and the whole course of nature is upset by the monstrous substitution.

From his book by A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #798 on: July 13, 2016, 12:07:34 PM »

We now demand glamour and fast-flowing dramatic action. A generation of Christians reared among push buttons and automatic machines is impatient of slower and less direct methods of reaching their goals...The tragic results of this spirit all all about us: shallow lives, hollow religious philosophies...the glorification of men, trust is religious externalities....salesmanship methods, the mistaking of dynamic personality for the power of the Spirit. These and such of these are the symptoms of an evil disease

By A.W. Tozer, from his book: The Pursuit of God

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 13, 2016, 06:50:12 PM »

I love the writings of A.W. Tozer and really appreciate you posting them. This is something else to look forward to every day.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #800 on: July 13, 2016, 09:53:08 PM »

I agree brother Tom and his writings carry on today as when he wrote his sermons, and Bible studies.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: July 14, 2016, 04:44:44 PM »

God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which he must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves
##################

Jesus calls us to his rest, and meekness is His method. The meek man cares not at all who is greater than he, for he has long ago decided that the esteem of the world is not worth the effort.
##################

Has it ever occurred to you that one hundred pianos all tuned to the same fork are automatically tuned to each other? They are of one accord by being tuned, not to each other, but to another standard to which each one must individually bow. So one hundred worshipers met together, each one looking away to Christ, are in heart nearer to each other than they could possibly be, were they to become 'unity' conscious and turn their eyes away from God to strive for closer fellowship.

From the book by A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the