Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Don't know where to post this but this is something that the Lord spoke to me.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't know where to post this but this is something that the Lord spoke to me.  (Read 2198 times)
LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2006, 03:36:50 AM »

Since hurricane Katrina hit and the disasters all over the world after that, I been praying to God use me in mighty way. Well this spring break I'm going to New Orleans w/ Campuse Crusade for Chirst to help out w/ the relief effort. This is something that is just over exciting for me because I've been asking and begging God to use me because I couldn't bare the fact that here I am and I have everything but those people down there lost everything they owned w/ in just one day.

This morning I was just thinking about how our bodies function. When you break your arm or your leg, that part of your body is not the only area where you feel the pain. When you break your arm or your leg, your WHOLE BODY is in pain, simply because of everything that connects your muscles to your bones passes on the "message" that there's a certain part of your body that is broken. In the scientific thinking this process is usually something that your brain does, when a certain part of your body is damaged and hurting your brain does the "crying out" pretty much to your nerves system and that goes to the rest of your body.

1Corinthians 12:12 says: The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.

When I read that verse I started to think about how a whole nation IS like a body. Take for example 9/11, New York was not the only state that felt the pain, the whole COUNTRY was brought down to its knees, and this tragic event in our lives has also brought half the world to its knees too. Then came hurricane Katrina. Same thing happened. I was just pondering how one area of our country got battered up and just the out cry that rose from the WHOLE country.

Its the same w/ the body of Christ. When we hurt, when we are in pain, it hurts Jesus. You know, according to the Bible in manny places of the N.T. we see that Jesus (in his time on earth) had an emotional side. He was quit an emotional type of a guy but only in a much different perspective. Christ litteraly saw the kind of death that, if He never came to this earth and die on the cross, we would not see it ourselves what we're truely dieing from.

Therefore when it comes to our own physical bodies, when one part is in pain, the immediate reaction that is born in the midst of complete agony that your brain sets out, is how to cure that pain, that wound. When it comes to our own bodies you have the wound you first get the pain from it that shoots from just one part to ALL parts of your body, then you have the choice you can use medecine to cure it or you can infect it and get yourself killed. The medecine in this situation is whats the "physical grace" for your body. Thats how it is w/ Christ and when you come to get to know Him on a personal level.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the