Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:10:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  abortion and homoperversion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: abortion and homoperversion  (Read 12141 times)
piusx

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:53:36 PM »

howdy folks
new here.

now that we have a supreme court that we want...it is only a matter of time before abortion and homoperversion will be made illegal. My question is what penalties should we attach to these crimes. I advocate death. I was wondering what you folks think. thanks for sharing Smiley
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 12:28:26 AM »

If such atrocities become lawfully illegal then it is up to the government to decide what the punishment is also. Whatever it is will be the will of the Lord.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
GKB

MY GREATEST SEEK, IS TO KNOW JESUS MORE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 06:55:33 AM »

howdy folks
new here.

now that we have a supreme court that we want...it is only a matter of time before abortion and homoperversion will be made illegal. My question is what penalties should we attach to these crimes. I advocate death. I was wondering what you folks think. thanks for sharing Smiley
I think its wonderful that they would make these sins illegal by law, but let me ask you, what do you think should be the penalty for your sins Huh
Supercryptid

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:51:44 PM »

What is homoperversion? Is it a synonym for homosexuality? How can homosexuality in and of itself be made into a criminal offense, even if it is a sin? How could such a thing be enforced?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 09:58:03 PM »

What is homoperversion? Is it a synonym for homosexuality? How can homosexuality in and of itself be made into a criminal offense, even if it is a sin? How could such a thing be enforced?

Yes homoperversion is just that. It could not be enforced if it were kept behind closed doors but such a law would push them out of the public eye where sexual matters do not belong anyway.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
piusx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 02:48:21 AM »

I think its wonderful that they would make these sins illegal by law, but let me ask you, what do you think should be the penalty for your sins Huh

according to the bible...a wack across the head now and then
GKB

MY GREATEST SEEK, IS TO KNOW JESUS MORE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 04:58:44 AM »

homosexuality is a sin just like any other. so if your a fornicator, you will be judged just like the homosexual.

don't fool yourself into thinking your sin is better than someone elses'!

those who abort their child can be forgiven like the homosexual, or the fornicator (the liar, the curser, the smoker, etc.) so let it not be us who pick the penalties. and if we do, pick based on your sins!

i imagine the penalty will be greatly reduced, when you pick it based on the punishment you believe you are worthy of  (or capable of handling).

p.s. i do believe it should be addressed, and dealt with. we should talk about it, but we should talk about the misuse of the pulpit as well. and the misuse of gods finances, and certainly all of the crooked politicians... they've gotten so crooked that we just expect it and accept it. Wink
piusx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 11:01:10 PM »

forgive me for saying so kgb but you sound like a lefty to me. Please don't read this as an insult. It is just an observation.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 11:09:23 PM »

forgive me for saying so kgb but you sound like a lefty to me. Please don't read this as an insult. It is just an observation.
No, he is just politically incorrect, with the Doctrine of man. By the way, his name is GKB, not kgb.

Mockingbird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 11:10:07 PM »

howdy folks
new here.

Would I be correct in saying this is in reference to Levitcus, chapter 20? (specifically verse 13)  

I think we have to ask ourselves; would God have us keep the same punishments today?  

When I look at Leviticus 20:10, "If a man commits aldutery with another man's wife-- with the wife of his neighbor-- both the aldulterer and the adulteress must be put to death,"  I am reminded of John 8:1-11 (the story of  the alduteress, when Jesus said, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone")

Also, there is Leviticus 20:11, "If a man sleeps with his father's wife, he has dishonored his father.  Both the man and the woman must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."  However, in 1 Corinthians 5, a man caught in the same situation is simply to be expelled from the church.  

Please don't misinterpret me; I am not saying this is a contradiction.  I am saying we must keep in mind the context of Leviticus; God was speaking specifically to the Isreaelites as they were about to enter the promised land. If one of God's chosen people were to give into sin, it would be a great threat to the rest of the nation.  As it says, "A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." 1 Corinthians 5:6, and, ""Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you have become defiled.  Even the land was defiled; so i punished it for its sin and the land vomited out its inhabitants.  But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things, for all of these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled.  And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you." Leviticus 18:24-28.

Hmmm....  I realize i'm not doing a very good job of explaining this   Embarrassed ... I can also see I'm leaving myself wide-open to misinterpretation, so I'm just going to stop before I get myself any deeper than I already am.  =-)  Hopefully someone else can explain what I am trying to say...
piusx

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 11:21:05 PM »

I understand what you are saying. Let me clarify. The wife of a mans father = HIS MOTHER. You hit on the one sin that is worse than homoperversion. In corinthians he probably just slept with his step-mother. iiiig gross
Mockingbird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 09:49:54 AM »

I understand what you are saying. Let me clarify. The wife of a mans father = HIS MOTHER. You hit on the one sin that is worse than homoperversion. In corinthians he probably just slept with his step-mother. iiiig gross

No, that's missing the point entirely.  I guess I was giving you too much credit when I thought you were referring to Leviticus in the first post.  Never mind. 
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »

No, that's missing the point entirely.  I guess I was giving you too much credit when I thought you were referring to Leviticus in the first post.  Never mind. 
Mockingbird, piusx was pushing his own agenda.

RKJ

Because He lives, I can face tommorrow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »

It is little tough.
It can be viewed in two ways.  Man's and God's.
Man's - given the nature of the broad labelling, it will take thousand's of pages of clauses to define the act (abortion or homo perversion (?!!) ) in different circumstances and degrees.  Thus a committee can sit and think through for a decade and do whatever.

God's - let them come to me, with repentance.  I will forgive them and embrace them and take it on from there.
As for those who do not repent, You (this refers to You and I) take the message of cross to them so that I will convict them and make them worthy

So there, I told you it is tough Undecided
Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 04:30:12 PM »

Separation of Church and State.  To assume that politics and government must reflect God's laws and Gospel is not prudent.  Where is this advocated in the New Testament?  Our work as Christians is not to force our beliefs and ways on others through political means, but to share with them the Gospel and God's love. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the