Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:24:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Defending Pedophilia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Defending Pedophilia?  (Read 1573 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2003, 05:56:06 PM »

Yesterday's CBS(or ABC, not sure) Radio News carried brief story that in a sexual abuse suit against the Arizona(I "think" it was the AZ one...) Diocese, the Catholic Church there responded that the plaintiff, at the time an altar boy, shouldn't have allowed himself to be taken advantage of?(paraphrase--the church's words actually, I believe, were stronger than that).

In other words, that the altar boy was the one at fault for the abuse he sustained.

How's that?

Huh?

In pedophilia now, we're blaming the victim?  And from a church?

Granted, of course, any former altar boy could come out of the blue, claiming abuse, esp. where there is money to be had.

But doesn't this kind of response from the church...

1)  ...admit in this case that there was abuse, and therefore...

2)  does actually shift the blame onto the victim?  And from a church--whom you would normally "trust" to look after the welfare of its charges?

If the above is in fact what is happening here, isn't this how the homosexual movement generally would interpret things--that is, if you are taken advantage of, it is your fault...and

Isn't this the accusation that esp. Satan himself would joyfully use:  It's your fault for being the victim(as he then  joyfully finishes you off)?

Huh?

This is a new twist--where the church is now defending, or endorsing, its pedophilia--if in fact the above news report is as I seem to have heard it, yesterday morning, on CBS(or ABC) Radio News.

This goes a step farther now than even the Episcopal ordination of NH openly gay priest.  It's now defending pedophilia?

The report said the prosecution was astonished(my words...).
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 09:43:40 PM »

In pedophilia now, we're blaming the victim?  And from a church?

Assuming you consider Catholicism a "church."  I don't anymore than I consider the Cult of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

It's becoming clearer and clearer that the Catholic cult does not plan on taking any responsibility for all of the sexual assault charges going on.

The gay bishop.  Do they have altar boys too?

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 10:35:06 PM »

Without access to the original statement, I wouldn't trust the news to be necessarly accurate.

That certainly won't be the official line from the Vatican, however, within any larger organisation there will always be people stupid enough to say stupid things - the church is not exempt from idiots.

But doesn't this kind of response from the church...

1)  ...admit in this case that there was abuse, and therefore...

2)  does actually shift the blame onto the victim?  And from a church--whom you would normally "trust" to look after the welfare of its charges?
Can you provide a link to either:
a.  the original statements
or
b.  at least a reliable account from a reputatable and unbiased news source.  (if such exists)

If the above is in fact what is happening here, isn't this how the homosexual movement generally would interpret things--that is, if you are taken advantage of, it is your fault...and
Crap.  The homosexual community does not, and has no reason to say, anything like this.
A very poor and transparent attempt at smear tactics.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 10:01:18 AM »

Hi, 5020.   Yes, I begrudgingly assign Catholics the term church, but perhaps only loosely even then.  I do have to say I appreciate the pope's recent renunciation of homosexuality, and some of their other stands--at least outwardly, like on abortion.  If I were being approached in a dark alley by either thugs or nuns, I'd still choose the nuns(tho I'm having second thots if they were priests... Grin--Maybe I'd take my chances with the thugs!).

Yes, 5020, I know for a fact Episcopal church had altar boys some years ago.  Currently, I would only assume so, but that's a guess.

ebia, it was Friday morning, either CBS or ABC radio network news.  I'm guessing a search of AZ news might turn something up about it.  If I get time I'll do a search.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 04:18:17 AM »

ebia, it was Friday morning, either CBS or ABC radio network news.  I'm guessing a search of AZ news might turn something up about it.  If I get time I'll do a search.
Please remember, the internet is a global medium.  ABC here means Australian Broadcasting Company.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 05:35:06 AM »

We can't help it if people are copycats.  Besides, if you typed in ABC.com you would not get the Australian site.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 05:44:12 AM »

We can't help it if people are copycats.  Besides, if you typed in ABC.com you would not get the Australian site.
Um,  I think its more likely they copied BBC and turned the British into Australian.

Anyway, my point was that, being unfamiliar with American media (except CNN), its not worth the effort of my trying to find the article without having some idea of the quality of reporting associated with that particular organisation.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 06:38:18 AM »

ABC, NBC, and CBS are the main networks in the states.  That doesn't mean I think they are good or anything but 'dems be da big boys.  CNN or communist network news was once part of the turner network or TNN.  Whatever though...

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 07:28:51 PM »

Well, I was hoping someone else would do the foot work this time.  Ha.

Anyway, I see, ebia.  Yes, ABC here, Ameri'n Bro'g Netwk, one a da Big Three.  

I'll see what I can dig up.  I've been listening to other news, haven't heard anything more 'bout it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the