Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Televangelist Zola Levitt diagnosed with lung cancer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Televangelist Zola Levitt diagnosed with lung cancer  (Read 1020 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2006, 09:33:18 PM »

Televangelist Zola Levitt diagnosed with lung cancer

Jewish Christian now scrambling to record TV shows before death
Posted: February 26, 2006
2:47 p.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Zola Levitt

Televangelist Zola Levitt, a Jewish Christian known for his tagline, "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem," has been diagnosed with lung cancer and is not expected to live more than a year.

"It seems that Zola may be getting promoted to the head office," writes Zola's son, Mark Levitt. "The good news, barring a medical miracle, is that he will meet our Lord before the rest of us. The bad news is that we – Zola's staff, friends, supporters and even some enemies – will miss him terribly, worse than we can begin to say."

Trouble was first noticed Feb. 10 when Zola had some difficulty speaking while traveling in Florida. Examinations revealed three lesions in his brain and what appeared to be a tumor in his left lung. His liver also appeared to be affected. The brain lesions are thought to be from cancer tissue that has migrated from the lung.

Zola and his wife, Sandra, returned to their Dallas home, and on Feb. 20, a biopsy was performed and Zola was diagnosed with stage 4 Metastasic squamous cell Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC). Stage 4 is the most advanced stage of lung cancer, when the disease has spread to a distant part of the body, such as another organ. Surgery is almost never used if the cancer has metastasized to another organ.

Zola smoked for some 25 years, but quit the habit two decades ago.

Mark Levitt reports Zola is now getting radiation therapy five days a week and chemotherapy once a week, noting the brain lesions "have shrunk remarkably in size."

"He has some pneumonia due to the lung cancer and has a cough from that, but is not in any pain and currently has few other symptoms," Mark says on the website. "Zola has a positive attitude about this experience. Zola just doesn't see a reason to be angry – this may just be a promotion by God. He is looking forward to seeing the Lord soon. He plans on continuing his work as long as he is able."

With the prognosis "probably less than a year," Zola is hurrying to tape as many broadcasts as possible for his television program, "Zola Levitt Presents."

"He is doubling his efforts to produce extra TV programs and create more informative and outspoken newsletters than ever. What a soldier's testimonial – to stay at his post until called away by Yeshua (Jesus)! Happy is the man whose work is his play."

Levitt is already receiving prayers and comments which are posted on his website.

"Yeshua healed me from cancer in 1995 when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter and I could receive no treatment for my stage III cancer. It was truly a miraculous healing and that's what I'm praying for you," writes Aly Singer.

"This news is heart-wrenching," say Don and Linda Morrell. "We praise God for the truth you bring to the world through your television programs and the Levitt Letter. We are praying for you and your family and all who love you."

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the