Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:32:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Terrible Question.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terrible Question.  (Read 6138 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2004, 11:38:23 PM »

onestarfisher here has posted some very good ideas about what she is doing--wearing shirts with "homosexuality is a sin",  Jesus loves you.  You should read her posts--including her first ones, elsewhere here.

I'm thinking I'm going to begin to do this, in the small town wear I live.  Since I commonly wear either a sweatshirt(winter), or pocket t shirt, this will be fairly easy to do.

The gays have a small but fairly outspoken presence here already; I suspect sympathies in that direction are only growing.

Lord willing, I think I will begin to prepare these shirts.  I may just try ordinary white house paint, painted with a one inch brush, on the shirt.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2004, 06:11:59 AM »

Don't know if any of you know but over 50 years ago adultery was considered a punishable crime.

Oklahoma Howdy to Chris,

Adultery is still on the books in Oklahoma as a felony, but it hasn't been enforced since the 50s. Unnatural acts are also still on the books as a felony. Unlawful cohabitation may still be on the books in Oklahoma. It really isn't a pretty picture about the drastic decline of morals in this country since they took prayer and the Holy Bible out of public schools. It's only been about 50 years, but they are a terrible 50 years.

Love In Christ,
Tom

onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2004, 10:59:58 PM »

I don't know about them openly holding hands in a store or anything - here, it's not uncommon to see. I did go to a street fair near a university and two men were standing on the sidewalk french kissing very ferociously. Then they laughed and looked around. I took my finger and opened my mouth and made the in and out motion, like "gag me". It was all I could think of at the time.
onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2004, 11:16:57 PM »

Another thought as I'm reading thru this thread. You can get an umbrella policy on your car insur (Amer Fam, maybe others as well) for only $100 a year or a little more - it's good for a million dollars and protects against being sued for slander among other things....or something like that. I'm thinking about it. For writing, there is some kind of authors insurance you can get. Or publishers...

It seems a little absurd to me that I am even worrying about this at all, but glad I'm not the only one. It boils down to trying to figure out how to be a witness for Christ without giving it all up ( a worry I'm not defending in myself , but isn't hat the gist of it?). At least in my life. Somehow, trying to protect it all and hold it together. I don't think it's wrong to minimize risk - that's just smart, how many can you win in jail. But I really think there will come a time (soon) when it is simply unlawful to speak out about anything Christian.

Then what? I have asked myself. What are we supposed to do then? Keep speaking, and go to jail, which might be the right thing to do....or, "go into your closet until the indignation in past" or something like that. I don't have the exact scripture handy.....here it is, Is 26:20 ..which?? I don't know.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 11:33:53 PM by onestarfisher » Logged
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2004, 12:43:09 AM »

You raise some interesting points, onestar.

In some ways, it may depend all on how one approaches it.  Walking with Jesus, has it's on invisible twists--built-in self-healing safety valves, and the like.

One thing your opponent is always counting on, is that you will lose your cool.  Ideally, that's what walking with Jesus really is about, "coolness".  He never lost His, right up to the very last.

Equally true, walking the gay road, and the sin road generally, has its own twists too--but while they may look for a time to be self-healing and beneficial, their end is the way of destruction.  Many times that unfolds sooner than later.  

That's what we're trying to warn them about.  That's the whole point.  They're losing.  They're losing their lives.

In the light then of such a test, consequences are becoming secondary.  "Since then we are surrounded by so great a crowd of witnesses..." (Hebrews).

But yes, I've heard of some who take those kinds of legal precautions.  The host at endtime.com, for instance, Irvin Baxter, on his radio program, has said he consulted about the lawsuit thing, since he is quite outspoken, but not unkind at all, about the gay thing; so his organization is incorporated, which offers some protection, I think.
Dale

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2004, 11:37:44 AM »

Symphony:
<< The Nazis started out originally as "brown shirts", years before--no weapons.  Just uniforms, social clubs, indoctrination, camps, outings--even good works. >>

I share your concern about the homosexual movement, but I have to say that the Nazis had guns early on.
    In the online World Book: “By October 1923, the [SA] storm troopers numbered 15,000 members.  They had a considerable number of machine guns and rifles.” (see Hitler)  This is ten years before Hitler became Chancellor.  The Storm Troopers “terrorized opponents.” (see Nazism)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2004, 05:46:05 PM »

Hmm.  Thank you, Dale.  Well, I guess I was giving them more credit than they deserved.  So they did have guns very early on.

Maybe I was thinking they just didn't use them--that is, at least with impunity.

I remember a documentary, that once Hitler achieved office in 1933, he had his bloody footprints, any records, from the 1920s, expunged.  That would certainly be very human.

And a book several years ago, that Hitler himself murdered, or had a former gay partner, murdered, to cover his own tracks(I think he'd been the head of the Stormtroopers...?).

thanks for your help on that, Dale.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the