Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Abortion news
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abortion news  (Read 17377 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2006, 03:37:14 PM »

Anti-abortion posters draw complaints

Borough Police Chief Ed Cassesse said his department received more than a dozen calls within five minutes regarding several box-van trucks that were driving through city streets with graphic anti-abortion posters on their sides.

According to Kathy Knepshield, a staff member of the Armstrong County YMCA, several of the trucks rolled past the YMCA on North Water Street around noon and one of the drivers was allegedly taking photos of children in an outdoor day camp. Knepshield said the posters, bearing images of an aborted fetus, upset many of the children in the camp.

"The first time a truck passed only a few children noticed it," Knepshield said. "However, within a few minutes two more trucks, all with identical posters, made two more passes, driving very slowly. The children started to ask questions, such as 'Is that an abortion?' and 'Why is there a dead baby...?' I told them I wasn't comfortable discussing it and that they should refer their questions to their parents. This was all witnessed by myself and four other staff members."

One parent, Brenda Sarambo of Kittanning, had her six-year-old twins attending the camp. Sarambo said the images upset her children and prompted her to contact the sponsoring organization, The Center for Bio-Ethical Reform, based in Lake Forest, Calif., by e-mail.

"I was really irate," Sarambo said. "I gave them a good piece of my mind. I was so upset, I even threatened to assault a driver if those trucks should comeback again.

In Sarambo's e-mail, she said, "...If I ever catch one of (those) trucks in my town again, I promise you I will personally rip the driver out of the truck and beat him senseless..."

Center for Bio-Ethical Reform spokesperson, Gregg Cunningham, speaking from his home in California," said he intends to turn Sarambo's comments over to local law enforcement and to the FBI. He added that because of the reaction by Sarambo, Knepshield and others, including Kittanning police, his organization may now "target' Kittanning.

"Everything that was said is a lie," Cunningham said. "Apparently the people of Kittanning aren't getting the message. If we get the impression that the people of Kittanning need to learn more about the First Amendment, then we will focus on Kittanning in a way that will make their heads spin. We will lavish unwanted attention on them with our fleet of trucks and aircraft."

According to the Center's Web site, the organization does have a fleet of trucks and several aircraft. The aircraft fly low over a designated area trailing anti-abortion banners. Cunningham declined to say how many trucks or aircraft the agency has, citing "security" reasons.

"Let's say this," he said, "we have a fleet large enough to swamp Kittanning. Not one resident will be able to go out their door without seeing one of our trucks."

Cunningham said he was angered by reports that Kittanning police stopped one of the organization's trucks.

"Your police chief is a hypocrite," he said. "I'm a lawyer and we violated no statutes that I know of. Our drivers were exercising their First Amendment rights. Your police harassed them. Your police chief was concerned that cameras were being used to photograph children. This is a lie. He has dash board cameras in his police cars. That's all we have for security reasons."

Cunningham also denied that the trucks passed by the YMCA more than one time.

Cassesse said he stopped one of the trucks on North Grant Ave. about 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

"We had a number of calls, more than a dozen in five minutes, and I was concerned that some reports indicated that children were being photographed. I was also concerned for the driver's safety because a number of people on the street were yelling obscenities at them and I didn't want the situation to get out of hand."

Cassesse said the driver he stopped was Quentin Patch of Columbus, Ohio. After stopping Patch, he was approached by the group's apparent spokesman, Dale Hinkel of Strongsville, Ohio.

"They did have video and audio recording equipment in the truck," Cassesse said, "and I believe the cameras could be removed to record from the window. The driver of a car following the truck recorded me as I was talking to the driver. However, we determined that the people in these vehicles were doing nothing illegal. They were within their First Amendment rights so we did not detain them any longer than necessary. We were concerned when it was reported that they were photographing children so we made a routine investigation. That's all.

Cunningham said the stopping of the vehicle by police will cause his organization to "test" Kittanning law enforcement in the future.

"Hypocrisy angers me," Cunningham said. "Killing babies isn't unfair, but showing them is. Criticism of what we do is bogus and the two women who complained are hypocrites."

In an e-mail reply to Sarambo, Cunningham told her she was a "pagan' for sending her children to a "Christian' camp (the YMCA) then being up set by the Center's anti-abortion campaign.

"All we're trying to do is to educate people about what abortion really is," He said. "Perhaps we need to come back and drive our message home."

Cunningham declined to say how many members the organization has but claimed that they are "represented" in all 50 states.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2006, 12:55:27 PM »

Anti-abortion license plates ready to roll in Tennessee

NASHVILLE, TENN. - Tennessee's anti-abortion "Choose Life" license plates could hit the streets within three months now that the U.S. Supreme Court has declined to hear an appeal.

Production of the plates can begin once the state attorney general gives the go-ahead and minor design changes are made to the specialty plate, Department of Safety spokeswoman Julie Oaks said last week.

The department is contacting the 1,265 car owners who pre-ordered the plate — 1,000 orders are necessary for a specialty plate to be issued — to make sure they still want the plate and still live in Tennessee.

Law enforcement officials had taken issue with the visibility of the original plate design, she said.

There is a $35 surcharge for specialty plates, and a $70 fee if motorists want personalized tags. Half the proceeds for the "Choose Life" plates are slated for anti-abortion groups, while 40 percent is dedicated to the arts and 10 percent for the state highway fund.

Proposals to offer car owners an abortion rights tag failed in Tennessee.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2006, 07:44:45 PM »

Abortion

Would you consider abortion in the following situations?

1. There's a preacher and wife who are very, very, poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she's pregnant with her 15th. They're living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty, and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending she get an abortion?

2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. They have 4 children. 1st is blind, 2nd is dead, 3rd is deaf, 4th has TB. She finds she's pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you consider recommending abortion?

3. A white man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She's not married. Her fiance is not the father of the baby, and he's very upset. Would you consider recommending abortion?

In the first case, you have just killed John Wesley. One of the great evangelists in the 19th century.

In the second case, you have killed Beethoven.

In the third case, you have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

If you said yes to the fourth case, you have just declared the murder of Jesus Christ!

-Unknown

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2006, 04:56:46 AM »

10 million females illegally aborted in India
Parents desperate to bear son changing nation's demographics

By conservative estimates, sex-selective abortion in India accounts for the termination of about 10 million females over the past 20 years.

"This is the world's biggest genocide ever," Chetan Sharma, a campaigner against female feticide, told the Daily Mail of London.

Chetan is founder of the Delhi-based group Datamation.

India's 2001 census shows a drop in the number of girls 6-years-old and under per 1,000 boys, to 927, compared to 962 in 1981.

"The future is frightening. Over the next five years we could see more than a million fetuses eliminated every year," said researcher Sabu George."At this pace we'll soon have no girls born in the country. We don't know where it will stop."

The problem of undervaluing women is an old one. In the 19th century, British leaders tried to eradicate female infanticide. Female feticide, however, is a new phenomenon brought about by advances in technology along with liberal attitudes toward abortion, which was legalized in India in 1971.

Kalpana Sharma, a columnist in The Hindu newspaper, says "anyone can walk into a government hospital and ask for an immediate abortion up to the 20th week of pregnancy, free, merely by saying there has been a failure of contraception."

India has a law barring medical personnel from from using prenatal diagnostic techniques to determine the sex of an unborn child. But the law is widely ignored because local officials are reluctant to fight the will of the people, the Daily Mail said.

Generally, in Indian society, woman who produce only daughters are pitied, in some cases abused and in many cases regarded as betrayers.

A woman who had nine abortions of females said it's important to have a son because of the family's big business.

"I want what my husband has built from scratch to go to his own blood," she said.

It's not just the assets of having a son that motivate feticide – carrying on the family name or business and taking care of elderly parents. The practice of providing a dowry to the grooms' family creates an enormous financial burden on parents who have a daughter.

Kalpana Sharma said the dowry demands today are nothing short of extortion. Many families sell off land and are forced into debt they can never pay off.

The affluent also are choosing feticide, as evidenced by the fact that states with the lowest ratios of girls to boys also are the most prosperous, such as Punjab, Gujarat and Haryana.

Affluent women, the analysts say, believe they will have a better standard of living if they have only sons.

Land inheritance also is an issue, as daughters now are entitled legally to an equal share of land when their parents die.

Many unqualified technicians are operating ultrasound machines throughout the country, finding it relatively easy to get a license. While there are 25,770 officially registered pre-natal units in India, one doctor estimates as many as 70,000 ultrasound machines are in operation.

Long-term consequences of the gender imbalance include the rise of prostitution and sex trafficking and the danger to women's emotional and physical health from repeated abortions.

The Indian government is taking steps to impose regulations on the registered ultrasound clinics throughout the country, but Chetan Sharma, of Datamation, says that local officials are guilty of corruption and will simply continue to turn a blind eye.

As WorldNetDaily reported in 2004, the Bush administration withheld a $34 million payment from the United Nations Population Fund to China over the issue of forced abortions.

The communist government of China maintains, at least in some areas of the country, a one-child policy sometimes enforced through a policy of forced abortions. It is believed China performs some 10 million involuntary abortions a year. The abortions disproportionately affect female babies.

Facing a critical shortage of women that could leave millions of men without wives, China is trying to convince its populace of the value of girls, who have been systematically killed during birth or after as a result of the one-child limit on most families.

Beijing has developed a five-year plan to correct the alarming disparity in the numbers of males and females in the country.

First exposed by WND in 1997, what has come to be known as "gendercide" in China has resulted in the deaths of at least 50 million girls.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2006, 09:50:22 AM »

Woman Sues For “Wrongful Abortion”: Doctor Said Her Unborn Baby was “just some blood”

A woman seeking justice for almost nine years in a “wrongful abortion” case will be heard by the New Jersey state Supreme Court, the Star Ledger reported Thursday.

Rosa Acuna sued her doctor for telling her that the child she was carrying at seven weeks gestation was not a baby, when he advised her to abort the high-risk pregnancy.  The 29-year-old mother of two suffered from a kidney disorder. Mrs. Acuna says Dr. Sheldon Turkish told her, “Don’t be stupid, it’s just some blood,” when she asked if there was a baby present in her womb at that stage of pregnancy.

A severe haemorrhage three weeks after the abortion resulted in her emergency hospitalization, where a nurse told her, “the doctor left parts of the baby in you,” according to court papers. She sued on grounds that she decided to abort based on “erroneous information.”

Dr. Turkish said he did not remember Mrs. Acuna’s question, but he stated that if asked, he would have told her that a “seven-week pregnancy is not a living human being.”

An appeals panel this spring decided the case should go before a jury, who would decide if it was misleading to make a factual statement that a first-trimester abortion did not end the life of a complete, human being. Dr. Turkish appealed that decision, and the Supreme Court then stepped in and agreed to hear the case.

A similar case, also represented by attorney for Mrs. Acuna, Harold Cassidy, is underway in South Dakota. In Planned Parenthood v. Rounds, the abortion provider sued S.D. Governor Mike Rounds and Attorney General Larry Long for a 2005 law that they say violates the free speech rights of abortion doctors. The law requires abortionists to tell pregnant women that abortion will end the life of a whole, separate, unique, living human being.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2006, 04:52:11 AM »

National Academies of Science: Abortion Linked to Premature Birth Problems

A new report from a committee of the National Academies of Science finds that a first-trimester abortion, the most common abortion procedure, is linked to an increasing risk of premature birth. The report comes from the Institute of Medicine (IOM), a NAS organization.

The IOM published a report this month titled "Preterm Birth: Causes, Consequences, and Prevention."

In the report is a list of "immutable medical risk factors associated with preterm birth" and "prior first-trimester abortion" is listed third among other risk factors that increase the risk of having a subsequent premature birth.

The report has huge consequences for abortion because premature birth can lead to a host problems, including cerebral palsy for the child and breast cancer for the mother.

The IOM reported that premature births before 37 weeks gestation represent 12.5 percent of all U.S. births, a 30% increase since 1981. Abortion became legally accessible in 1973 and the number of abortions peaked in the early 1980s as it became more ingrained in society.

The IOM said premature birth cost U.S. society $26.2 billion in 2005.

This isn't the first time a study has found that abortion increases the risk for premature birth. A 2003 article in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons finds at least sixty significant studies published since 1963 report an abortion-premature birth link.

The Coalition on Abortion/Breast Cancer, a group that monitors the link between abortion and breast cancer for women, says the "IOM's findings provide further support for an abortion-breast cancer link."

"If, after having had an abortion, a childless woman is unable to carry subsequent pregnancies, then she could remain childless for the remainder of her life. Cancer organizations say childlessness (nulliparity) is a risk factor for breast cancer," the group said in a statement provided to LifeNews.com.

Other research shows that a premature birth before 32 weeks gestation increases the mother's breast cancer risk, including articles in the British Journal of Cancer and Lancet, both in 1999.

The biological reasons for this are the same as for the abortion-cancer link, the Coalition explained.

"Breast tissue is only matured from cancer-susceptible tissue into cancer resistant tissue during the last eight weeks of a full-term pregnancy. During this time, women receive protection from estrogen overexposure experienced during the first two trimesters of pregnancy," the group said.

Meanwhile, teenagers who have an abortion also have a higher premature birth risk than adults, according to several research articles, because of the higher risk of infection and weakened cervix.

The abortion-premature birth link also has legal ramifications.

The Coalition says abortion practitioners "may be sued for causing cerebral palsy, but non-abortion-performing obstetricians can use the IOM's report to defend themselves against cerebral palsy lawsuits."

The group points to a decision by an Australian court in 2004 that Dr. Alan Kaye was not responsible for Kristy Bruce's cerebral palsy because her mother had had an abortion shortly before she became pregnant with Kristy.

Ultimately, the group suggests that lawmakers in Congress and state legislatures pass legislation making sure that women are informed of the abortion-premature birth risk before having an abortion.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2006, 04:53:07 AM »

State House bills would make it illegal to coerce women into abortions
Supporters say package addresses domestic violence

Abortion clinics would be required to screen women to determine if they have been coerced or intimidated into ending their pregnancies under legislation that passed the state House on Wednesday.

Supporters of the legislation say it is an attempt to crack down on domestic violence. But opponents say the bills are an effort to discourage women from seeking abortions.

The bills, which were opposed by some Democrats, now go the Senate.

The legislation would make it illegal to coerce or intimidate a woman into seeking an abortion and give them some recourse through civil suits.

Rep. Judy Emmons, a Republican from Sheridan and one of the legislation's sponsors, said the bills are needed to combat a neglected form of domestic abuse.

"It is not about abortion," she said. "It is about domestic violence ... all aspects of domestic violence and how it affects women."

Rep. Stephen Adamini, a Democrat from Marquette, tried to amend the legislation so it would be illegal to coerce a woman into having an abortion or not having one. But the amendment failed when it was not supported by the Republican majority.

Adamini said the bills as passed are discriminatory and could violate a woman's constitutional rights.

The main bills in the package, calling for the screening, passed by 67-38 votes.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2006, 12:01:07 PM »

Christian Doctor Says Congressman Wrong About Abortion

(AgapePress) - A Christian OB-GYN from Tennessee says Democratic Congressman Henry Waxman is the one who is misleading girls, not pregnancy resource centers.

Waxman, a representative from California, serves on the House Government Reform Committee. He recently asked staff to check on pregnancy crisis centers, which received $24 million in federal aid between 2001 and 2004. The subsequent report claims that federally-funded, faith-based pregnancy centers give false information connecting abortions with breast cancer, infertility, and mental illness.

Waxman claims research has shown abortion does not have severe, long-lasting psychological effects. Government organizations such as the Institute of Medicine and the National Cancer Institute say there is no such connection. Their research is based on a 2003 study involving over 100 scientists who examined women based on their medical records rather than "self-report" and gathered data before cancer was diagnosed.

Dr. Omar Hamada believes that Waxman is misled and that accurate scientific information supports abortion's connection with cancer, infertility, and mental illness. "We see that even since the 1970s throughout the world journals," he says.

Hamada believes Waxman did not put out this report to see pregnancy resource centers improve.

"And I think it's important, really, to see that it's not just a singular issue that he's attacking, but it's really an aggressive, multifaceted attack on the values that make up the very fabric of our society here in America," Hamada said. "And it's not just him: I think he's being used as a mouthpiece by the lobby that includes those who are pro-choice."

Lending credibility to that accusation is the fact that Waxman has been a strong critic of the Bush administration's push for federal funding of abstinence-only education programs, which typically find little support among abortion proponents. Waxman has contended that curricula for those programs is both scientifically and medically inaccurate and misleads young people.

There is nothing misleading about abstinence-only education. It is a very simple message. Don't have sex until marriage = don't get pregnant, don't get diseases, no need for life destroying procedures.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2006, 12:26:55 PM »

Moving on from aborted babies to making their own for research?

Human Eggs As Currency?
IVF Clinic Given OK to Accept Eggs as Payment for Fertility Treatments

A UK fertility clinic has been given the green light by the country’s fertility authority to allow women undergoing in-vitro fertilization to trade costs of the treatment in exchange for any surplus eggs. The eggs are to be fertilized, and the resulting embryonic babies mined for cells to be used in research.

The decision marks the first instance where human eggs are being legally sold as items of commerce.

The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority licensed the North East England Stem Cell Institute to exchange embryos in lieu of payment for IVF services. The Newcastle-based Institute utilizes the cells derived from embryonic humans to investigate potential stem cell treatments for conditions such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease.

Before now, women were allowed to voluntarily donate “spare” eggs derived from IVF treatments, although the demand has exceeded the supply, according to the Newcastle team.

Paul Tully, General Secretary for the UK’s Society for the Protection of Unborn Children, told LifeSiteNews.com today that he was “deeply concerned” over the prospect of women being paid for their “spare” eggs.

“Women will be under enormous pressure to engage in these practices,” he emphasized. “There is a huge potential for exploitation."

Josephine Quintavalle, co-founder of Hands Off Our Ovaries, told the BBC that the needs of researchers who want more eggs for research will supersede the best interests of the women donors. “It is coercion under another name,” she said. She described the HFEAs actions as the “worst example of HFEA arrogance” she had observed.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2006, 08:57:38 AM »

Did privacy law figure into newborn’s death?
Report: Girl charged with murder used law to hide pregnancy from parents

Authorities said a 17-year-old girl facing a murder charge in the death of her newborn told lies and used privacy laws to hide her pregnancy from her parents, even as they tried to get medical attention for her.

Prosecutors said Cheyenne Corbett gave birth to a girl in the shower of her parents' home on Sunday. Police discovered the infant's body wrapped in a towel in her bedroom. An autopsy determined the baby died of asphyxiation.

Corbett's adoptive father had taken her to a physician in Phoenix in July, but she signed a form requesting that no information be given to her parents under the privacy provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, commonly known as HIPAA, The Denver Post reported Friday.

"She had a supportive family. Here they are, trying to do something, and their hands are tied," Deputy District Attorney Tammy Erett told the newspaper. "When they deny that information, what are you going to do?"

Erett did not immediately return an after-hours call on Friday.

Corbett's attorney, Gordon Gallagher, said she concealed her condition because she was frightened.

"Obviously she was trying to hide it from her parents. She was scared and terrified about being pregnant," he told The Associated Press.

Gallagher said he had not yet seen paperwork on any privacy rights Corbett may have invoked.

Erett said Corbett's parents did not know she had delivered a baby until after her mother took her to the hospital for heavy bleeding.

Rules create dilemma
Dr. William Plested, president of the American Medical Association, said medical privacy rules create a dilemma.

"They have given some important protections, but they have brought up a lot of problems," he said. "We're going to continue to see issues like this. It's a combination of medical issues and ethical issues, and we have to decide whose issues are pre-eminent."

Corbett surrendered to police on Tuesday. Prosecutors said she will be charged as an adult with first-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

Gallagher said he hopes prosecutors take into account Corbett's age, her lack of a criminal record and "the fear and confusion and mental issues that were going on."

"I can't imagine how frightening that was for a 17-year-old girl to go through in the shower," Gallagher said.

He said psychological tests were planned for Corbett but none had been done.

"I think it's a very tragic situation for everybody involved, for the child, for both families, the community and Cheyenne. She's young, fragile and scared," he said.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2006, 07:07:54 AM »

ALL's Judie Brown: 'Most Important' Pro-Life Bill Could End Abortion If Passed

(AgapePress) - One of the nation's premiere pro-life leaders says a bill currently before a House committee could bring an end to abortion in America. Ironically it originated with strong sponsorship from the Republican Party -- a group she contends is not as "pro-life" as some people think.

The Right to Life Act, sponsored by California Congressman Duncan Hunter, contains no exceptions for an abortion or compromises any pro-life principles, says Judie Brown of American Life League (ALL) -- and that's why she calls it "the most important piece of pro-life legislation under consideration today."

H.R. 552, which now has 100 co-sponsors in Congress, establishes "equal protection for the right to life of each born and preborn human person" -- then goes on to define "human person" as a member of the species homo sapiens "at all stages of life," including the moment of fertilization, cloning, or "other moment" at which the person "comes into being." ALL president Brown believes such legislation is critical in fight against legalized abortion.

"Establishing personhood for the preborn baby is the only way we will see a concrete end to decriminalized abortion in this country," she says. And it has been a long battle, Brown adds. "After 33 years of gnawing at the edges of legal protection for abortion, now is the time for a substantial challenge to the status quo. Without total protection under the law," she says, "preborn children will continue to die."

Congressman Hunter introduced the Right to Life Act in February 2005 with 36 co-sponsors, and it has picked up 25 more since the first of the year. It has now been assigned to the House Judiciary Committee awaiting hearings. "For the first time in years," says Brown, "we have a politically significant number of supporters in Congress who are willing to stand up for life. Now is the time to act."

It isn't lost on Brown that the bill's sponsor is a member of the Republican Party -- a party about which she has voiced repeated disappointment as the GOP, the majority party in both chambers, appears to be unable to get pro-life bills enacted. The pro-life leader's frustration was evident recently when the Republican-led Senate voted to approve funding for embryonic stem-cell research (ESCR).

"You know, I think it's about time that pro-lifers understood where they need to go: they need to go to God on their knees," she says. "And they need to understand that this struggle is for the heart and soul of this country -- not partisan politics," she adds.

Brown contends the nation will change as people go to God -- not to the GOP. "I honestly believe that if everybody, every one of us, did that we would see a miracle," she remarks. "But until we get our priorities straight, politics not being one of them, we're going to continue to see this -- and it's not us who are being betrayed; it's little babies."

President Bush eventually vetoed the ESCR bill, as he promised he would. Still, says Brown, the fact that a Republican-led Congress passed such a measure should be a wake-up call to those who still believe the GOP is a pro-life party.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2006, 05:04:46 PM »

The true face of a core liberal voting block. Read the article and behold the callous blindness of evil.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wad of cells does not equate to human life, abortion isn't murder

mugshot

Krouse

Conception — the point at which life begins. At least it is according to the fundamentalist community, anyway. The stance of Right to Life supporters is that abortion is outright murder and deprivation of life. I disagree.

How can you kill something that is not yet living? Besides, banning abortion deprives the mother of her rights to property and to the pursuit of happiness. A fetus is not a living human, and the mother has the right to decide to abort it.

During the first trimester of the pregnancy, the fetus is merely a wad of cells. A mere wad of cells doesn't equate to a fully functioning, living human being. A wad of cells cannot make its own cognitive decisions. A wad of cells doesn't have the capability to inhale or exhale with its lungs. A wad of cells cannot survive independently, as it relies completely on its mother for all its nutriment.

So why would anyone provide a wad of cells with the outrageous status of a living human being?

The point I am trying to make here is that a fetus is not a living human, and therefore, an abortion is not responsible for annihilating a human's life. Besides, in legal terms, the Supreme Court's landmark decision in Roe v. Wade concluded that human life does not begin until life can be sustained outside of the womb. Medically speaking, premature fetuses can very rarely be kept alive if they are born before the pregnancy's sixth month, or the end of the second trimester.

The mother deserves every right to make a decision to abort her fetus. The supreme law of our land, the U.S. Constitution, guarantees Americans have the right to their property. Are pets not considered the property of a human? Humans provide pets with food, water and a habitat, just as a mother provides a fetus a habitat inside of the womb, along with food and oxygen.

And because mom houses the fetus — that not only required her X sex chromosome, but also gained half its chromosome pairs from her ovum — the fetus should be considered property of its mother. Not to mention, the wad of cells inside her doesn't have the ability to choose for itself.

Banning abortion would be a greater deprivation of basic human rights than continuing to uphold it. So why not allow the mother her innate right to decide whether or not this wad of cells will grow into a human?

If anything, a fetus is merely a parasitical creature that uses the mother as its host.

Tapeworms are parasites that house themselves in the intestinal tracts of humans, feeding off the food the host consumes. Comparatively, a fetus is little more than a tapeworm. It is quite common for humans to annihilate parasites with medications or toxins, so why not allow for fetuses to suffer the same fate?

Now let's compare the Right to Life stance of abortion to the tragic fate of many fertilized eggs.

Fundamentalists fiercely oppose abortion because they believe it is murder. They often recognize those who are "slaughtered" by holding vigils and other ceremonies.

Do any of these individuals realize that according to the National Institutes of Health, 25 percent of conceived embryos perish within the first six weeks due to complications such as failure to implant to the uterus wall? That's right — a quarter of all "humans" conceived end up "dying."

It would appear that the "loving" God of these fundamentalists is many more times guilty of murder than all the human race's abortionists combined.

If life begins at conception, why is it that Catholics and other fundamentalist groups don't have funerals for all these dead "babies"? Why not hold candlelit vigils for all who fail to implant themselves? Or wait, better yet, why don't we supply a birth certificate to all those embryos who died shortly after conception? Why not make them legal citizens too?

Do these last few statements seem absolutely asinine? Then some of you are in dire need of rethinking your anti-abortion stance.

Life begins when the baby is passed through the birth canal and exits the womb. At this point, the baby is no longer physically connected to the mother and no longer freeloading its nutrients and oxygen from mommy.

http://www.statenews.com/op_article.phtml?pk=36986

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2006, 05:37:35 PM »

How can you kill something that is not yet living? Besides, banning abortion deprives the mother of her rights to property and to the pursuit of happiness. A fetus is not a living human, and the mother has the right to decide to abort it.

It sounds like the author of this article is devoid of life.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2006, 05:41:56 PM »

It sounds like the author of this article is devoid of life.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2006, 12:04:07 PM »

Now this is totally sick, morally decadent. Canabalism.

Aborted babies used in cosmetics
Women from around world traveling to clinics for injections, face lifts

Clinics Use Tissue From Babies Killed in Abortions for Cosmetic Injections

London, England  -- Women from around the world are traveling to clinics in various locations that are now offering face lifts and cosmetic surgery using tissue from babies who have been killed by abortions.

Pro-life advocates are strongly condemning the practice and saying the taking of human life is never warranted -- especially for such a self-serving purpose.

Women like Susan Barrington, a 52-year-old housewife from England, are heading to places such as Barbados, the Dominican Republic, Moscow and Rotterdam to obtain the treatments.

She has been given the final go-ahead form a local clinic to travel abroad for the treatment that promises to make her look 10 years younger and doesn't mind that lives have been sacrificed to enhance her beauty.

To produce the treatments, clinics are using tissue from babies killed in abortions from 6 to 12 weeks into pregnancy and stem cells obtained from destroying human embryos to inject into a client's face. The fetal cells then begin a supposed rejuvenation process that makes the skin look younger.

To obtain the cells, women in underdeveloped nations are paid up to $200 dollars to carry a baby up to the optimum eight to 12 week period when the fetuses are “harvested” for their stem cells which are then sold to exclusive cosmetic clinics.

Both pro-life advocates and scientists who favor stem cell research are upset by the promotion of these injections.

UK stem-cell researcher Colin Blakemore told the London Daily Mail newspaper that the therapies are "highly experimental" and risk damaging the reputation of legitimate stem cell researchers.

He also complained that these clinics were located in tourist destinations and unregulated by any international body.

"And if anything goes wrong afterwards, it is hushed up to prevent damage to the business," he told the newspaper.

In a statement given to LifeNews.com, Concerned Women for America condemned scientists for using tissue from abortions and embryonic stem cells for the treatments.

“This fad illustrates the extremes to which embryonic stem cell use can lead," CWA senior fellow, Dr. Janice Shaw Crouse, said. “It is hard to believe that such atrocities are going on today."

"The ethical and moral ramifications of such treatments are staggering; the experimental aspects are equally troubling," Crouse explained.

"Not only is the origin of the fetuses immoral and inhumane; there are medical problems and complications associated with the injections," Crouse concluded. "This savage and repulsive ‘brave new world’ of human sacrifices in the quest for eternal youth is a prime example of the end results when all moral boundaries are destroyed.”

Some of the clinics include the Institute for Regenerative Medicine in Barbados where injections are done using tissue from aborted babies. The clinic is located in the luxurious Villa Nova hotel, where American and Russian scientists have targeted upper class British and American women.

More than 50 clinics exist in Moscow, the Russian capital, including the Cellulite Clinic. There, cells from a wide range of sources including aborted babies and human embryos are used.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the