Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Abortion news
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abortion news  (Read 17378 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2006, 01:44:34 PM »

Mandatory abortion
proposed in Holland
Official calls for debate to deal
with issue of unwanted children
Posted: February 21, 2006

A health official in the Netherlands has called for a debate on the idea of forced abortion and contraception to deal with what she sees as a crisis of unwanted children.

Alderman Marianne van den Anker of the Leefbaar Rotterdam Party wants specifically to target communities of Antilleans and Arubans where she sees the biggest problems of unwanted children.

Her comments have stirred protest by a health foundation working with those communities in Rotterdam. The group, which called the comments degrading, is asking Mayor Ivo Opstelten and other politicians to distance themselves from Van den Anker's views.

Van den Anker is a mother of two children and the official in charge of Rotterdam's health and security portfolios.

In an interview in a newspaper Saturday, she said she had tried everything to prevent child abuse.

"I fail, I fail," she told the interviewer as she outlined her controversial idea for a debate on compulsory abortion and contraception.

The target groups for her program are Antillean teenage mothers; drug addicts and people with mental handicaps, she said, according to a report in Expatica.

According to the report, Van den Anker said children from these groups run an "unacceptable risk" of growing up without love and with "violence, neglect, mistreatment and sexual abuse."

WND MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH
Mandatory abortion
proposed in Holland
Official calls for debate to deal
with issue of unwanted children
Posted: February 21, 2006
11:44 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Marianne van den Anker
A health official in the Netherlands has called for a debate on the idea of forced abortion and contraception to deal with what she sees as a crisis of unwanted children.

Alderman Marianne van den Anker of the Leefbaar Rotterdam Party wants specifically to target communities of Antilleans and Arubans where she sees the biggest problems of unwanted children.

Her comments have stirred protest by a health foundation working with those communities in Rotterdam. The group, which called the comments degrading, is asking Mayor Ivo Opstelten and other politicians to distance themselves from Van den Anker's views.

Van den Anker is a mother of two children and the official in charge of Rotterdam's health and security portfolios.

In an interview in a newspaper Saturday, she said she had tried everything to prevent child abuse.

"I fail, I fail," she told the interviewer as she outlined her controversial idea for a debate on compulsory abortion and contraception.

The target groups for her program are Antillean teenage mothers; drug addicts and people with mental handicaps, she said, according to a report in Expatica.

According to the report, Van den Anker said children from these groups run an "unacceptable risk" of growing up without love and with "violence, neglect, mistreatment and sexual abuse."

"The exceptions," she said, "and there are some, can be counted on a pair of hands."

Van den Anker pointed to the growing number of Antillean youth gangs in Rotterdam whose members come from loveless homes.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 01:45:30 PM »

Supreme Court Plunges Into Abortion Debate

By GINA HOLLAND

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court said Tuesday it will consider the constitutionality of banning a type of late-term abortion, teeing up a contentious issue for a newly-constituted court already in a state of flux over privacy rights.

The Bush administration has pressed the high court to reinstate the federal law, passed in 2003 but never put in effect because it was struck down by judges in California, Nebraska and New York.

The outcome will likely rest with the two men that President Bush has recently installed on the court. Justices had been split 5-4 in 2000 in striking down a state law, barring what critics call partial birth abortion because it lacked an exception to protect the health of the mother.

But Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, who was the tie-breaking vote, retired late last month and was replaced by Samuel Alito. Abortion had been a major focus in the fight over Alito's nomination because justices serve for life and he will surely help shape the court on abortion and other issues for the next generation.

Alito, in his rulings on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia, has been more willing than O'Connor, the first woman justice, to allow restrictions on abortions, which were legalized in the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973.

The federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act prohibits a certain type of abortion, generally carried out in the second or third trimester, in which a fetus is partially removed from the womb, and the skull is punctured or crushed.

Justices on a 9-0 vote vote in a New Hampshire case reaffirmed in January that states can require parental involvement in abortion decisions and that state restrictions must have an exception to protect the mother's health.

The federal law in the current case has no health exception, but defenders maintain that the procedure is never medically necessary to protect a woman's health.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 01:46:54 PM »

Jimmy Carter's Son: "I'm pro-choice as far as a woman choosing, but I'm against abortion"

LAS VEGAS, February 20, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Jack Carter, 58, the eldest son of former U.S. President Jimmy Carter has announced he is seeking the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate to represent Nevada.  At his launch, Carter spoke with reporters revealing his schizophrenic stand on abortion - a stand similar to that of his father.

Speaking with the Associated Press' Kathleen Hennessey, Carter described his abortion views saying, ""I'm a personal freedoms person. I don't want the government to come in and tell my child or whoever it is that they can't have an abortion.  I'm pro-choice as far as a woman choosing, but I'm against abortion."

Stephen F. Hayward, PhD., wrote a 2004 book on Jimmy Carter noting the former President's political exploitation of abortion.  In an interview with National Review, Hayward recalled Carter's abortion stand: "The 1976 campaign was the first national election after the Roe decision, and the politics of the issue were still sorting themselves out. Remember that Gerald Ford was pro-abortion, while many Democrats, including Sargent Shriver, one of Carter's rivals, were pro-life. In the Iowa caucuses, which Carter put on the map for the first time, Carter told Catholic audiences (and a gathering of bishops) that he opposed abortion and supported legislation to restrict it, thus cutting into Shriver's support. But he told feminist groups at the same time that he supported abortion rights (indeed, he had done so as governor of Georgia)."

The AP report reveals Jack Carter is Baptist and has, together with his wife Elizabeth, four children from previous marriages.

In 2000, LifeSiteNews.com reported that President Carter left the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).  Carter said at the time that the SBC had adopted policies "that violate the basic premises of my Christian faith," including a denominational statement that prohibits women from being pastors and tells wives to be submissive to their husbands.

However, Morris H. Chapman, chairman of the SBC Executive Committee, noted that Carter, who was originally embraced by Baptist conservatives in 1976 when he publicly described himself as a born-again Christian, lost favour with conservative Christians after such actions as appointing Sarah Weddington - the lead attorney in the landmark 1973 abortion case, Roe v. Wade - to the White House position when he was assistant to the president.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 03:23:21 PM »

Jimmy Carter's Son: "I'm pro-choice as far as a woman choosing, but I'm against abortion"

By John-Henry Westen

LAS VEGAS, February 20, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Jack Carter, 58, the eldest son of former U.S. President Jimmy Carter has announced he is seeking the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate to represent Nevada.  At his launch, Carter spoke with reporters revealing his schizophrenic stand on abortion - a stand similar to that of his father.

Speaking with the Associated Press' Kathleen Hennessey, Carter described his abortion views saying, ""I'm a personal freedoms person. I don't want the government to come in and tell my child or whoever it is that they can't have an abortion.  I'm pro-choice as far as a woman choosing, but I'm against abortion."

Stephen F. Hayward, PhD., wrote a 2004 book on Jimmy Carter noting the former President's political exploitation of abortion.  In an interview with National Review, Hayward recalled Carter's abortion stand: "The 1976 campaign was the first national election after the Roe decision, and the politics of the issue were still sorting themselves out. Remember that Gerald Ford was pro-abortion, while many Democrats, including Sargent Shriver, one of Carter's rivals, were pro-life. In the Iowa caucuses, which Carter put on the map for the first time, Carter told Catholic audiences (and a gathering of bishops) that he opposed abortion and supported legislation to restrict it, thus cutting into Shriver's support. But he told feminist groups at the same time that he supported abortion rights (indeed, he had done so as governor of Georgia)."

The AP report reveals Jack Carter is Baptist and has, together with his wife Elizabeth, four children from previous marriages.

In 2000, LifeSiteNews.com reported that President Carter left the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).  Carter said at the time that the SBC had adopted policies "that violate the basic premises of my Christian faith," including a denominational statement that prohibits women from being pastors and tells wives to be submissive to their husbands.

However, Morris H. Chapman, chairman of the SBC Executive Committee, noted that Carter, who was originally embraced by Baptist conservatives in 1976 when he publicly described himself as a born-again Christian, lost favour with conservative Christians after such actions as appointing Sarah Weddington - the lead attorney in the landmark 1973 abortion case, Roe v. Wade - to the White House position when he was assistant to the president.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 07:55:41 PM »

Hey Brother. Look at the post just prior to yours.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 08:07:09 PM »

Hey Brother. Look at the post just prior to yours.

Hey brother.......................

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 08:11:46 PM »

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 08:25:26 PM »

Be nice if your smilie showed up....................

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 08:33:38 PM »

Be nice if your smilie showed up....................

I see them just fine.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 10:47:47 PM »

I see them just fine.

Now they are showing up. Huh

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 11:06:33 PM »

Now they are showing up. Huh

I think some gremlins are work.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 11:08:41 PM »

I think some gremlins are work.

Satans imps.............. Cry

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 11:19:46 PM »

Satans imps.............. Cry

That's them.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 11:36:36 PM »

That's them.

Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry
 Cry

Go away satan, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 06:40:34 PM »

1.6 Million Abortions Performed in Russia in 2005

Created: 26.02.2006 15:34 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 15:34 MSK, 11 hours 2 minutes ago

MosNews

Russian women have had 1.611 million abortions in 2005 alone, the Minister for Healthcare and Social Development Mikhail Zourabov was quoted by RIA Novosti as saying.

“If we can decrease the number of abortions by at least one percent, it will be equal to solving the problem of infant mortality,” Zourabov said at a State Duma session dedicated to the demographic crisis in Russia.

The infant death rate in Russia was currently 15,500 per year, he added.

However the overall number of abortions in Russia has diminished considerably in the past ten years, Zourabov said. For instance, in 1995, Russian women had about 2.3 million abortions.

In mid-1990s, the ratio was two abortions per one actually born child, whereas now the number of abortions is equal to the number of births, the minister said.

1.6 Million Abortions Performed in Russia in 2005

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the