Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:01:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  THE ANTICHRIST
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ANTICHRIST  (Read 14139 times)
God Sent

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2006, 05:40:38 AM »

Scripture indicates that there will be a great lie,announced with the help of the media and perpetrated by a self-styled world leader.

Do you believe such a thing will happen?

God Bless
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 07:07:52 AM »

Greetings God Sent...welcome to CU!

2Th 2:10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2Th 2:13  But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Yes its sounds like there will be a lie the will deceive.   Paul indicates that those spoken of here, are those who have heard the gospel and believed not the truth, and God Himself will send a strong delusion causing them to believe Satans lie.  Scary stuff indeed!   

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:11:34 AM »

We see this taking place this very day. As it says in scripture, "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

Calling evil good and good evil is becoming more and more prevalent every day.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 11:01:14 AM »

I guess it is time, I post this..................

The Anti Christ

Where will this sinister person come from? Some have speculated that he will come out of Syria since one of his prophetic types in history -- Antiochus Epiphanes (215 - 164 BC) -- was a Syrian tyrant. But Antiochus was actually of Greek heritage. Could he therefore be a Greek? It is not likely.

It is much more likely that he will rise out of the heartland of the old Roman Empire and that he will be of Italian descent. This conclusion is based upon a statement in Daniel 9:26. In that passage the Antichrist is referred to as "the prince who is to come," and he is identified as being from the people who "will destroy the city and the sanctuary."

We know from history that both Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple were destroyed by the Romans in 70 A.D. Therefore, according to Daniel, the Antichrist must be of Roman heritage.

Will he be a Jew? Many assume he will be because Jesus said, "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another shall come in his own name, you will receive him" (John 5:43). Based on this statement, people ask, "How could the Jews possibly receive a Gentile as their Messiah?"

But the Bible does not teach that the Jews will receive the Antichrist as their Messiah. It teaches they will accept him as a great political leader and diplomat and that they will put their trust in him as the guarantor of peace in the Middle East.

But the moment he reveals himself as the Antichrist by desecrating the Jew's rebuilt Temple and blaspheming God, the Jewish people will revolt. They will reject him as Messiah, and he will respond in fury by attempting to annihilate them.

The Antichrist does not have to be a Jew. And, in fact, the Bible makes it clear that he will be a Gentile. In Revelation 13:1 he is portrayed as a "beast coming up out of the sea." The sea is used consistently throughout the prophetic scriptures as a symbol of the Gentile nations (Daniel 7:3; Luke 21:25; and Revelation 17:1).

By contrast, the Antichrist's right hand man, the False Prophet, who will serve as his religious leader, will be a Jew. This is revealed in Revelation 13:11 where it says that John saw "another beast coming up out of the earth [literally, the land]." Just as the sea is used symbolically in prophecy to refer to the Gentile nations, the land (or earth) is used to refer to Israel. This does not mean the False Prophet will be an Orthodox Jew. It only means that he will be of Jewish heritage. Religiously, he will be an apostate Jew who will head up the One World Religion of the Antichrist.

There is one other issue concerning the origin of the Antichrist that we need to consider. Many argue that he will be a person resurrected from the dead -- most likely Nero or Judas Iscariot. This assumption is based on a statement in Revelation 13:1-3 where John describes the Antichrist as a beast with seven heads. He then makes the observation that one of his heads appeared "as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed." He comments that "the whole earth was amazed" by this and therefore "followed after the beast" (Revelation 13:3).

The problem with this interpretation is that "the fatal wound" referred to in the passage has nothing to do with the person of the Antichrist. The seven heads represent seven Gentile empires -- namely, Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, and the final empire of the Antichrist. The head with the fatal wound that has been healed is the Roman Empire. We know this from the book of Daniel where it is prophesied that the Roman Empire will be the last of the Gentile empires until the end times when the empire of the Antichrist will emerge from a reunited Europe -- that is, from a revival of the old Roman Empire (Daniel 2:31-45 and 7:1-8, 24-28).

The prophecies of Daniel have proved to be absolutely accurate. The Roman Empire was the last of the Gentile empires. It disintegrated into the nation-state system that has prevailed to this day. There have been numerous military attempts to resurrect the Roman Empire, most notably by Napoleon and Hitler. Today, the core of the Empire is coalescing before our eyes through diplomatic means, producing a united Europe that will serve as the base for the rise of the Antichrist.

Another passage that is used to justify the idea of the Antichrist being a resurrected person is Zechariah 11:17 --

Woe to the worthless shepherd
Who leaves the flock!
A sword will be on his arm
And on his right eye!
His arm will be totally withered,
And his right eye will be blind.

It is argued that this passage indicates that the Antichrist will be a person who has suffered a fatal wound. Now, there is no doubt this passage refers to the Antichrist, but I believe it is talking about his fate rather than his origin. Using symbolic language, it seems to me the prophet is saying that divine judgment (the sword) will fall upon the Antichrist's power (his arm) and his intelligence (his eye), and that he will suffer complete defeat (the withering of his arm and the blinding of his eye).

The idea that the Antichrist will be a resurrected person raises a serious theological problem concerning the power of Satan. The Scriptures make it clear that the Antichrist will be Satan's man, empowered by him and possessed by him. But there is no indication in Scripture that Satan has the power to give life to anyone. Satan is not omnipotent. Jesus is the one who has "the keys to death and Hades" (Revelation 1:18).

One of the most commonly asked questions is whether or not the Antichrist is alive today. I believe he is, and I believe so for two reasons. First, I believe the Scriptures teach that the generation that sees the re-establishment of Israel (May 14, 1948) will live to see all the end time prophecies fulfilled (Matthew 24: 32-34). Second, I believe the signs of the times clearly indicate that we are standing on the threshold of the Tribulation, the most important of those signs being the regathering of the Jews to their land (Isaiah 11:10-12) and their re-occupation of the city of Jerusalem (Luke 21:24).

If the Antichrist is alive today, does he know who he is? I think not. I don't think he has the foggiest idea of the role that Satan has in mind for him. He will not become the Antichrist until Satan possesses him and empowers him to deceive Europe and the Jews. His full revelation will not occur until he enters the rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem in the middle of the Tribulation and declares himself to be god. 

He will be strong willed and reckless in his determination to have his way. He will show contempt for human traditions and will, of course, change even the calendar so that it will no longer be related to the birth of Jesus (Daniel 7:25).

Another point that is emphasized repeatedly is that the Antichrist will be possessed by Satan, just as Judas was (Luke 22:3). Daniel says his power will be mighty, "but not by his own power" (Daniel 8:24). Paul says his coming will be "in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders" (2 Thessalonians 2:9). John says that Satan will give his power and authority to the Antichrist (Revelation 13: 2).

Because he will be demonized, he will be a man who cannot be trusted. Psalm 52:2 says he will be a "worker of deceit." Psalm 55:21 says his speech will be "smoother than butter" but his heart will be filled with war. Psalm 5:6 calls him "a man of bloodshed and deceit." In Psalm 43:1 he is referred to as a "deceitful and unjust man."

Daniel indicates that he will be a sexual pervert, most likely a homosexual. As Daniel puts it, the Antichrist will show no regard "for the desire of women" (Daniel 11:37).

The overall picture is that of an ego-maniac who abhors God and exploits people for his own purposes. He is deceptive and ruthless. He is a man devoid of integrity. This is probably the reason that when Jesus returns, John characterizes Him as the "Faithful and True" One (Revelation 19:11), in contrast to the Antichrist who has been both unfaithful and untrue.

The lack of character that will be displayed by the Antichrist is perhaps best summed up in some of the names given to him in the Scriptures:

The Beast -- Revelation 13:1
The Man of Lawlessness -- 2 Thessalonians 2:3
The Son of Destruction -- 2 Thessalonians 2:3
The Despicable Person -- Daniel 11:21
The Willful King -- Daniel 11:36
The Worthless Shepherd -- Zechariah 11:17
The Insolent King -- Daniel 8:23
The Abomination -- Matthew 24:15

His Career

The Rapture of the Church is the event that will launch the career of the Antichrist. This is revealed in 2 Thessalonians 2 where Paul states that the Antichrist cannot be revealed until "he who now restrains" him is "taken out of the way" (verse 7). The restrainer of evil in the world today is obviously the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit performs that task by working through the Church.

It is the Church that will be "taken out of the way," not the Holy Spirit. We know this for certain because the book of Revelation teaches that a great multitude will be saved during the Tribulation (Revelation 7:9-14), and no one can be saved apart from the witness of the Spirit (John 6:44, John 15:26, and 1 John 5:7). The Spirit will remain in the world, but the agency the Spirit currently works through to restrain evil, the Church, will be removed.

cont'd next post.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 11:01:31 AM »

Scripture indicates that there will be a great lie,announced with the help of the media and perpetrated by a self-styled world leader.

God Bless

Hello God Sent,

WELCOME!!

YES!, I believe this will happen, and I firmly believe that ALL Bible Prophecy will be fulfilled completely and perfectly at God's Appointed time.

I do believe that the end of this Age of Grace may be drawing near. Regardless, there is always an urgency:

1 - To witness to the lost.

2 - To grow strong in God's Word and the Power of His Might.

3 - To put on the whole armor of God and go forth to do God's Will.

4 - To keep Christ as the focus for this short life and make Him The LORD over our life.

5 - To pray that God helps us in saying and doing only the things that will bring Glory ONLY to HIM.

Christians have differing opinions about Bible Prophecy, but very few Christians could disagree with the priorities listed above. I am one who believes Bible Prophecy in a literal way. I love the subject of Bible Prophecy, but I don't like arguing with other Brothers and Sisters in Christ. I do enjoy pleasant and loving discussions about differing opinions on Bible Prophecy, and I enjoy studying Scriptures used by others who have different opinions. Bible Prophecy is a very difficult and time consuming study, but it is a beautiful study that takes you through most of the Holy Bible. I would always conclude my thoughts that differing opinions about Bible Prophecy should never cause divisions between Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

God Sent, I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 143:8 NASB  Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; For I trust in You; Teach me the way in which I should walk; For to You I lift up my soul.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 11:03:17 AM »

The Rapture itself is likely to be the event that will catapult the Antichrist to power. This is because the Rapture will produce international chaos and panic. The Antichrist, energized by Satan (Daniel 8:24), will seem to have all the answers to the world's problems. He will take over the European Union through skillful intrigue (Daniel 8:23) and will establish his headquarters in Rome (Revelation 17:3,9,18).

The seven year time period of the Tribulation will actually begin when the Antichrist negotiates a treaty that will bring true peace to the Middle East, enabling the Jews to rebuild their Temple (Daniel 9:27). With his European base consolidated and peace achieved in the Middle East, he will set forth to subdue the whole world.

One of the myths about the Antichrist that has developed in modern day interpretation is that the whole world will become so enamored with him that all the nations will surrender their sovereignty to him voluntarily. The Bible does not teach this. It is also contrary to common sense. Africa and Asia and Latin America have not spent a century casting off European colonialism in order to suddenly turn around and receive a European dictator with open arms.

The world will resist him, and the result will be a Third World War in which he "will destroy to an extraordinary degree" (Daniel 8:24). This war will initially result in the death of one-fourth of humanity, or 1.5 billion people in today's terms (Revelation 6:2-8). As the Tribulation approaches its mid-point, this war will escalate into a nuclear holocaust that will result in the deaths of an additional one-third of those still alive -- another 1.5 billion (Revelation 8 and 9).

It will be a empty victory because in the process of his conquest, one-third of the earth will be destroyed and half its population will be killed. He will then consolidate his "victory" by instituting a one-world economy and a one-world religion.

The key to his economic control will be a mark that each person will have to bear on their right hand or on their forehead (Revelation 13:16-18). No one will be able to buy or sell unless they have this mark. The mark will consist of "either the name of the beast or the number of his name" (Revelation 13:18).

His religious control will be exercised by a false prophet who will head up his pagan religious system (Revelation 13: 11-15). He will force all of humanity to worship the Antichrist. He will be a deceiver who will astound people with "great signs" that appear miraculous in nature. In order to consolidate this Satanic religious system, the Antichrist will launch a great persecution of all those who have placed their faith in the true God since the Rapture of the Church (Revelation 12:13-17). The result will be a mass slaughter of believers (Revelation 7:9-14).

This means that by the mid-point of the Tribulation, the Antichrist will have killed more than half of humanity (1.5 billion in the seal judgments, 1.5 billion in the trumpet judgments, and an undetermined multitude of saints.) It is no wonder that he is referred to in Scripture as "the man of lawlessness" and "the son of destruction" (2 Thessalonians 2:3).

Nor will all this slaughter satisfy his blood thirst. About the time that the Antichrist has consolidated his world empire, Satan will be cast from Heaven and will come to earth in "great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time" (Revelation 12:12). At that point he will possess the Antichrist, even as he possessed Judas (Luke 22:3).

When the Antichrist becomes Satan incarnate, he will become a megalomaniacal tyrant obsessed with two things: himself and the Jewish people.

He will suddenly march into the rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem, stop the sacrifices, blaspheme God, and declare himself to be the one and only true god (Daniel 9:27 and 2 Thessalonians 2:4). And when the Jews reject this horrible blasphemy, he will turn on them and seek to annihilate them. This will be his all-consuming passion during the second half of the Tribulation. That's why Jesus told the Jews that this period of time would be the "great tribulation" (Matthew 24:21) -- not because it would be worse than the first half, but because the wrath would be focused upon them as a nation and a people.

Satan has an insane hatred for the Jews. He hates them because they gave the world the Scriptures. He hates them because God sent the Messiah through them. And he hates them because God has promised that He will bring a great remnant of them to salvation in their Messiah. He wants to destroy them so that God cannot keep that promise.

During the second half of the Tribulation, he will almost succeed in accomplishing this goal. We are told in Zechariah 13:8-9 that two-thirds of the Jewish people will die during this holocaust (another 9.3 million people). 

His Fate

The Bible indicates that as the Antichrist becomes obsessed with the Jews, he loses interest in his worldwide empire, and segments of that empire begin to revolt. The core of the revolt is centered in the Asian nations who raise an army of 200 million and send it marching across Asia toward Israel where they hope to engage the Antichrist in a decisive battle for their freedom.

Daniel says that while the Antichrist and his armies are rampaging around the Middle East, looting the nations and killing the Jews, the Antichrist suddenly hears "rumors" that "disturb him" (Daniel 11:40-44). He responds by consolidating his forces "between the seas and the beautiful Holy Mountain" (Daniel 11: 45). This is the same area that is referred to in Revelation as the Valley of Armageddon.

We are told that the Euphrates River dries up at this time and the Antichrist and his armies in battle (Revelation 16:12). As they fight, the Lord Jesus Christ breaks from the heavens, returns to the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem, and speaks a supernatural word that causes all the armies to drop dead in their tracks. "Their eyes rot in their sockets and their tongues rot in their mouths" (Zechariah 14:12), and the valley is filled with blood up to the horses' bridles for a distance of two hundred miles (Revelation 14:20).

Paul says the Antichrist will be slain by "the breath of the Lord" (2 Thessalonians 2:8). John says the Lord will make war against the Antichrist "with the sword of His mouth" (Revelation 2:16). Daniel says the Antichrist's "dominion will be taken away, annihilated and destroyed forever" (Daniel 17:26). Daniel also says that the Antichrist will be thrown into "the burning fire" (Daniel 7:11).

John confirms the fate of the Antichrist in Revelation when he says that both the Antichrist and the False Prophet will be thrown into "the lake of fire which burns with brimstone" (Revelation 19:20) where "they will be tormented day and night forever and ever" (Revelation 20:10). This means that the Antichrist and the False Prophet will be the first occupants of Hell. (Satan will not be confined there until the end of the Millennium -- Revelation 20:10).
Our Hope

The good news for believers is that we will not have to experience the horror of the Antichrist. We are never told to watch for the Antichrist; rather, we are told to look for Jesus Christ. In 1 Thessalonians 1:10 we are assured that we who are believers are waiting for Jesus to return to "deliver us from the wrath to come." That is a glorious promise. That's why Paul calls the Rapture our "blessed hope" (Titus 2:13), and its also the reason that he tells us to "comfort one another" with the promise of the Rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:18).

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Isaiah 66:10 Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her, all you who love her; rejoice for joy with her, all you who mourn over her,
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 08:55:53 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 11:34:20 AM »

Hello Dreamweaver,

THANKS BROTHER!!

We both posted on the same subject at about the same time. Again, I don't believe in coincidence.

WOW! - Brother, you posted a ton of power-packed Scriptures to study in two short posts, and I do plan to study them. Thank you again.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:20-21 NASB  For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;  who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

Migthor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 12:57:31 PM »

This is the exact reason why some of us believe that the Anti Christ will be a Jew.  Dreamweaver says it here:
"Will he be a Jew? Many assume he will be because Jesus said, "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another shall come in his own name, you will receive him" (John 5:43).

Many Jews have changed the name form Messiah to Meshach.  They beliieve their Messiah will come from this earth. And their Messiah can only be a Jew.  Their Messiah cannot be a gentile.  There were other antichrists during Jesus's time and they were all Jews. (see Josephus)  Plus, a gentile will not be able to desecrate the temple unless it's as the Romans did (by force.)  Jesus was their Messiah and they denied Him.  They are looking for their Messiah (Meshach) to be born on the planet earth, to rise, and lead them out of their troubles.  The Meshach can only be a Jew  This man, a Messiah from planet earth (not in the clouds) is a Jewish man who will fool them into believing he is their Messiah when actually, he is the Antichrist. The Jews have only one Messiah and that is Jesus Christ who will return in the clouds. 

Remember I think it was Nathan who turned himself into a leader when Moses was in the mountains? 

The Anti Christ

Will he be a Jew? Many assume he will be because Jesus said, "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another shall come in his own name, you will receive him" (John 5:43). Based on this statement, people ask, "How could the Jews possibly receive a Gentile as their Messiah?"

But the Bible does not teach that the Jews will receive the Antichrist as their Messiah. It teaches they will accept him as a great political leader and diplomat and that they will put their trust in him as the guarantor of peace in the Middle East.

But the moment he reveals himself as the Antichrist by desecrating the Jew's rebuilt Temple and blaspheming God, the Jewish people will revolt. They will reject him as Messiah, and he will respond in fury by attempting to annihilate them.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »

This is the exact reason why some of us believe that the Anti Christ will be a Jew.  Dreamweaver says it here:
"Will he be a Jew? Many assume he will be because Jesus said, "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another shall come in his own name, you will receive him" (John 5:43).

Many Jews have changed the name form Messiah to Meshach.  They beliieve their Messiah will come from this earth. And their Messiah can only be a Jew.  Their Messiah cannot be a gentile.  There were other antichrists during Jesus's time and they were all Jews. (see Josephus)  Plus, a gentile will not be able to desecrate the temple unless it's as the Romans did (by force.)  Jesus was their Messiah and they denied Him.  They are looking for their Messiah (Meshach) to be born on the planet earth, to rise, and lead them out of their troubles.  The Meshach can only be a Jew  This man, a Messiah from planet earth (not in the clouds) is a Jewish man who will fool them into believing he is their Messiah when actually, he is the Antichrist. The Jews have only one Messiah and that is Jesus Christ who will return in the clouds. 

Remember I think it was Nathan who turned himself into a leader when Moses was in the mountains? 

The Anti Christ

Migthor, I taker no credit for Gods word, his word is his word. I only try and put on the forum what I feel led God has led me to do. Yes it is a poor attempt to interpret God word. I feel humbled you you feel it is worthy to expand upon it. As you are an author, and had your papers in a e-zine.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 01:11:40 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

God Sent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 07:36:48 PM »

Jesus himself prophesied about such a person.He said,I have come in My Father's name,and you do not receive Me;if another comes in his name,him you will receive. Let me warn you personally to beware of such a leader of humanity who may emerge from Europe.He will turn out to be a great deceiver who will step forward with signs and wonders that will be so impressive that many will believe he is of God.He will gain a great following among those who are left,and many will believe he is a miracle worker.

The deceiver will promise strength and peace and security,but the Bible says he will speak out against the Most High and will wear down the saints of the Most High.That's why I warn you to beware now of a new leader with great charisma trying to take over the world during this terrible time of chaos and confusion.This person is known in the Bible as Antichrist.He will make many promises,but he will not keep them.you must trust in the promises of God Almighty through his Son,Jesus Christ.

Here are two trivia questions for you:

1. Who are the only two characters in the Bible named the son of perdition?
2. Who are the only two persons in the Bible whom Satan himself is thought to possess?

If to both questions you answered,Judas Iscariot and the Antichrist,you get a gold star.

GOD BLESS.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 07:53:16 PM »

Here are two trivia questions for you:

1. Who are the only two characters in the Bible named the son of perdition?
2. Who are the only two persons in the Bible whom Satan himself is thought to possess?

If to both questions you answered,Judas Iscariot and the Antichrist,you get a gold star.

GOD BLESS.
The anti -christ, Revelations 13 & 14 also know as the beast. In the same prophecy Jesus, warns mankind that all who accept the Mark of the Beast will experience the full measure of His wrath, which is to be poured out undiluted.

Though I did forget about Judas Iscariot. Cry

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 06:42:44 AM »

There is a little known passage in Daniel that, I think, gives a huge clue to who the ac might be.....heritage wise, that is.

Dan 11:24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do [that] which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: [yea], and he shall forecast his devices against

This is a reference to the ac, and note two things.....one, that he will enter the "fattest places", which is a Jewish euphemism for areas that have been reserved for royalty or religious leadership.  Throughout the history of Israel, there have been sections of the country that have been set aside for use by the king, or the high priest, or both....but not for others.  According to Jewish "rules", it would be considered a blasphemy for any non-Jew to enter these areas.

Next, the part that says he shall do that "which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers fathers..."  This appears to be a reference to lineage, and in conjunction with the fattest places indicates a Jewish heritage.

I have a study here on Jewish eschatology, and how their historical beliefs establish the groundwork for their acceptance of the ac as Messiah.

I also posted here re the "Mahdi", the Islamic version of Messiah, and how their historical belief system and Hadith indicate that he will be of Jewish origin or heritage. The Mahdi is supposedly hiding in a well in Qom, Iran.

Lastly, the chief Rabbi of the Kabbalists recently died.  He claimed to have spoken with Messiah, and that Messiah is currently "in hiding" waiting for the right time to appear....and that appearance would be within just a few more years.....I believe the date for the Rabbi's report was in 2004 or 05....can't remember for sure.

One thing is for sure....he is coming (the ac), and it won't be very long.  Shocked

And even more sure, is..........JESUS IS COMING!! and it won't be very long!!!  Grin

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 09:53:53 PM »

Brother Hank, I have read your eschatology. And I can say, it is better then I could have done.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 03:09:36 AM »

Evangelist,

Brother Hank, you've just made it clear again that there are many mysteries hiding in plain sight in the Holy Bible. It's amazing to know what an intricate book the Holy Bible is. I really enjoyed reading the description and application you gave, and I couldn't help but wonder how many other quite logical explanations there are still hiding in plain view in those precious pages. I actually think that we've just managed to scratch the surface in 2,000 years, but I give thanks over and over again that God's Plan of Salvation for man is simple enough for a child to understand.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 2:7-8 NASB  He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, Guarding the paths of justice, And He preserves the way of His godly ones.

Biblestudent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 08:21:22 PM »

God Bless

I've been studying the Bible and prophecies of the end for some 30 years now, and I've yet to see the name "Antichrist" used in reference to the man of sin, or, son of perdition in the scriptures.

In fact, all the scriptures I've studied (primarily Daniel) tells me that the ten-horned beast, or, man of sin is not even an individual man, but rather a race, or, nationality of man.  In 9:26 they are referred to as "the people of the prince", or, the people of the devil.

Therefore, the big deception in these end times may well be the "Antichrist theory".

I'm well aware that the term "race" or "nationality" is not found in the scriptures, however, I truly believe that if God were to refer to a particular race of man in scriptures, He'd simply say, "a man".

That seems to be what the scripture in Rev.13:18 is stressing in reference to the man of sin. "Here is "wisdom".  Let him that hath "understanding........", the scripture says.

That scripture seems to scream out at us that we MUST understand the true meaning of the term, "a man" in this instance.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the