Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:41:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT IS PURPOSE OF OUR TITHES?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT IS PURPOSE OF OUR TITHES?  (Read 2087 times)
teddybear
« on: August 14, 2003, 11:08:43 AM »

MALACHI 3;10-Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse,that there may be meat in mine house...

What does that mean?

God Bless.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 02:13:54 PM »

Its to the twelve tribes.

Not to the Benny Hinns Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 04:35:59 AM »

Its to the twelve tribes.

Not to the Benny Hinns Grin

LOL Amen Bro Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 06:00:05 AM »

MALACHI 3;10-Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse,that there may be meat in mine house...

What does that mean?

God Bless.

Allow me this indulgence as I post the entire chapter, but please, read:

Malachi 3
1   Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
2   But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
3   And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
4   Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.
5   And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
6   For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
7   Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
8   Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9   Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10   Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11   And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12   And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
13   Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?
14   Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?
15   And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
16   Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
17   And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
18   Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

If you want to know a man's devotion to God, see how tightly he holds on to his money.  This is what is meant here.  The people wanted to return to God, yet were being tightwads!  God said that they were robbing Him.  He was testing their faith, pure and simple.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
teddybear
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2003, 07:28:28 AM »

ALLINALL,
Malachi 3;10 means,Tithing is the practice of giving ten percent of one's income to the Lord.It is called storehouse tithing by some who require that the tithe be given the Lord through the local church.While some Christians disagree,the principle of God's place for worship is the basis for storehouse tithing (Deut 12).The temple in the Old Testament (1) was the central place characterized by God's presence; (2) possessed the symbols of redemption;and (3) was where the man of God served.

In the New Testament,these three attributes characterize the local church.Hence,the principle of storehouse tithing continues into the church.

God Bless.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 02:49:22 PM »

Are You Tithing Enough?

If you are ONLY giving 10 percent of everything you OWN you are not giving ENOUGH under the CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT made with GOD!!!!

I know most of you sweet wonderful people really want to do what is right so you need to RUN DON"T WALK to your local denominational church and pay that extra 17% REQUIRED in the Old Testament!

Your denominational preacher has been causing you to ROB GOD only collecting 10% of God's money! No wonder you have been having all that trouble!

NOT only that but that 10% you have been giving should not go to the preacher or any other function it belongs to GOD under the Old Testament.

The Old Testament requires a 27% tithe not 10% and the 10% you have been given is going to the wrong person or activity so now you need to pay back another 10% RETROACTIVELY!

Denominationalism might settle for 10% of GOD'S money but I can tell you God will not be happy!

By Pastor Doug Dodd s.b.g.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the