Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:24:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Word ABOUT TalkerCat!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Word ABOUT TalkerCat!  (Read 7267 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2006, 07:01:07 AM »

I hope I won't get in trouble  Kiss  but I read through TalkerCat's posts. And the thing that caught my eye *and heart* is the fact the she is such an inspiration!

We all have times of fear and worry-- we're still human!  Roll Eyes But I *need* to be around folks that help me learn how to get past the tough times and re-direct my fears and worries to the Lord! I don't do well with those who WANT to stay and wallow in misery. I've seen too many times where people want to compete for who has it the worst! Anywaaaaaaay.... when I read TalkerCat's posts what I noticed was the joy of the Lord! I wanted to share some exceptional posts that show that!
Thank you, TalkerCat! You are truly an inspiration!  Cheesy

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 07:04:21 AM »

"I know I'm healed! Sure, one of my legs is missing and I'm slowly going blind, but I AM HEALED. God uses His vessels here on earth to do His work; and but for the surgeries I've had, I'd be dead. It was life or limb for me and by removing my leg, my life was spared - viola! HEALED! And some day soon, I'll leave this wheelchair behind and dance in heaven. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: I'd rather be serving Him from a wheelchair than have both legs and not know Him.....
Blessings -"

Re:WHAT ABOUT PASTORS WHO LET THIER CHILDREN... on: December 10, 2005, 03:06:29 PM

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 07:06:16 AM »

"Hello xxxx! I don't think I've had a chance to welcome you to the CU Forums - so WELCOME! As you have already discovered, there are a lot of loving christians here that will support you, pray for you and never judge....

I too am permanently disabled. My right leg was amputated three years ago and my left leg is in danger as we speak. I also suffer from diabetic retinopathy, which causes blindness - I've had four surgeries on my eyes. I don't mention this because I'm a complainer, I mention it to show that everyone suffers in some way or another - but NO ONE suffers like Christ did for us on the cross !
I look forward to your posts, and getting to know you better.
Blessings -"

Theology / Debate / Re:WHAT ABOUT PASTORS WHO LET THIER CHILDREN... on: December 10, 2005, 11:04:47 AM

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 07:08:04 AM »

"Xxxx, you've probably hit the nail on the head. Something burned him on religion . . . but what could have possibly burned him on FAITH? It is when I am resting on the Lord that my husband becomes the most vile! I can't even come close to repeating the language he uses - one might expect to hear it in the lowest gutters of the biggest dives in the most corrupt cities. . . When my husband is cursing the Lord, he truly sounds like he's demon possessed.

All this haven been said, I have to also tell you that Bill is very good to me. I have everything I need. He never tells me "no". He's a lot older than I, and treats me like a precious jewel. He's soft spoken and yet, very protective. I'm disabled and he stays at my side everywhere we go so that my wheelchair won't be bumped by someone. He does anything I can't do on my own i.e. vaccuuming, lifting heavy objects or reaching onto a high shelf. I've been asked before why I stay in the marriage and my reasons are plenty.

Just because he's a nonbeliever right now does not mean he won't be saved. I'm holding on to God - He's in control and will deal with Bill someday, and who knows? He may already be!

I appreciate sooooo very much the support I get from other christians. It can be very difficult for me at times dealing with Bill's distain for God. I pray to Father God to let my faith, my humble attitude and gracious living be an influence to Bill. . . now it's up to the will of God. I know to whom I belong and I won't be wearing Bill's tennis shoes on judgement day.

Blessings -"

Prayer / Prayer Requests / Re:Persecuted for Righteousness Sake on: December 12, 2005, 01:48:38 PM

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 07:09:31 AM »

"Thank you XXXX, very much. He (my husband, Bill) needs prayer. I will continue to be a passive, subservient wife and pray that my grace influences him..... but at the end, I'm the one that will stand before God - alone and accountable only for myself. I cannot save Bill, I can only love him.
Blessings -"

Prayer / Prayer Requests / Re:Persecuted for Righteousness Sake on: December 02, 2005, 07:24:50 AM

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 07:11:21 AM »

"I wish I could talk to Charlotte! Bitterness is such a waste of time! I too, was a carefree, fun-loving young woman when suddenly at age 40 I became gravely ill and almost died. The outcome is that I'm still carefree and fun-loving but also home-bound and in a wheelchair, spending a lot of time in bed because the physical pain overwhelms me. One leg is amputated and we're fighting to keep the other. . . I'm losing my vision. Oh, dear sweet Charlotte! How easy it would be for me to blame God and cry "why me?". How easy it would be to wallow in the pity I see in people's faces. But none of that would heal my physical condition... I don't want pity and I tell anyone that expresses it to take it somewhere else! The whole world hurts in one degree or another, it's not God's fault! My attitude is: why not me? Trial brings you closer to the Lord and in my humble opinion, that's where we should all be. I do take exception though to a word that has been used to describe people like me. That word is "invalid". There is nothing "in-valid" about me I am very valid! I have a purpose for God and that validates me.

Blessings-"

19 Fellowship / Just For Women / Re: The Complaint Department on: January 27, 2006, 12:09:28 PM

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 07:13:57 AM »

"Xxxxx: This is powerful! And I hope I'm never labeled a malcontent! Among my MANY blessings I count ChristiansUnite! Everyone here has a sweet heart and I've felt so much genuine love here. I am of course very grateful for my health - the Lord has His hand on me. What I keep in mind when I'm going through tribulation is that God is always on time! He's never late! When I wait on Him, I rise from the ashes like the Phoenix . . . thank you for these immortal words of wisdom, I will never forget them.

Blessings-"

26 Fellowship / Just For Women / Re: The Complaint Department on: January 26, 2006, 10:00:53 PM

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 07:15:05 AM »

"Oh gosh, let's see..... I have no children (by choice). I love animals and tend to rescue strays. My favorite color? Hmm... lavendar I guess, it seems I have a lot of lavendar in my wardrobe. I love Thai food, and Chinese. I'm also a very good cook! My favorite meals to prepare lean toward Italian and Mexican, also "Soul Food" (blackeye peas, greens, corn bread, etc...) Favorite bible verse - that's a tough one, let me think on it. I'm the prayer chain leader at my church (Calvary Chapel), I volunteer my secretarial skills to the pastor and his staff, I coordinate church events such as the "All church breakfast" once a month and I'm chairing the committee for the Christmas Pageant and Talent Show this year. Sometimes I work in the nursery caring for babies during the church service. Basically I guess you can call me a church volunteer, because if something needs to be done that I'm physically capable of doing (I'm an amputee in a wheelchair), I will volunteer my time and skill. Favorite woman in the Bible has to be Mary Magdelaine - she washed Jesus' feet! I can only imagine the JOY and GLORY to wash the feet of my dear SAVIOR! And I am grateful to God for everything ... it's difficult to name my blessings one by one because there are so many! He loves ME! Praise His Name! Glory, glory, glory! JESUS LOVES ME! Hallelujah. My joy is in loving Him.

Blessings -"

Fellowship / Just For Women / Re:Just for Women...Let's lighten things up... on: November 18, 2005, 10:19:29 PM

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 07:16:08 AM »

"Finding this site has been nothing short of a blessing to me. I know I was lead here by the Lord. I can't explain it, but it seems that whenever I'm feeling "Tired" or "Blue" and "Can't Go On" I can come here and find the comfort I need. It has never failed that I go straight to a post or a subject that relates directly to how I'm feeling at that precise moment! God's hand is on me! He has graced my life with the friends I have here. We definitely walk "heart to heart" . . .

PRAISING HIS NAME! GLORY! GLORY! GLORY! PRAISING HIS NAME!

Blessings-"

Prayer / General Discussion / Re: Tired, feel like you can't go on? on: January 16, 2006, 06:38:26 PM

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 07:19:03 AM »

"Good Morning Xxxx,

Your posts are always sensitive and wise. I doubt that the truth will hurt Xxxxxxx . . . she may not like it, but the truth is never wrong! Having a good attitude not only helps me with my trials, but I don't chase people away by being negative all the time. I have my moments, of course we all do but I discovered - to my utter joy - that I can turn to Jesus and IMMEDIATELY feel better.... no one on earth will ever suffer the way Jesus did!! And who am I to complain anyway? Everyone has some kind of pain, so why not me? My pain simply means that I'm alive . . . I'm a survivor . . . and I have a purpose. God is using me for his glory so I must be special in His eyes. WE ALL have a purpose and a reason to be thankful every day - look up at the cross. My cross, your cross and His cross - we are following HIM! Glory, glory glory! I would rather serve my Jesus from a wheelchair than have two legs and not know Him. I live for ETERNITY, not for this short life on earth . . . I'll leave my wheelchair behind and very soon I will see the King! All of us will! That alone should be enough to keep a positive outlook!

Keep your chin up sister Xxxxxx! We can serve the Lord mightely and be a living testimony to his grace . . . isn't that an HONOR? Wow! I feel blessed! God chose ME to worship and praise Him! Mere words could never express how grateful I am to Him for what He's done for us.... HE DIED! The very least we can do is thank and praise Him and be happy with the crosses we bear. Jesus never whined.
Blessings -"

Fellowship / You name it!! / Re:Share your methods of dealing with frustration. on: December 07, 2005, 10:13:38 AM

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 07:20:18 AM »

"OK Xxxx you asked for it!

I remember being saved when I was 12 years old. I was baptized into a baptist church. My new found christianity was never nurtured or encouraged so natually I strayed. I was a "typical" teenager: I defied my mother, I did drugs, I had sex and partied every chance I had. I married at 17, divorced at 18. I never went to college but somehow always managed to have a good job. When I was 20 I met the love of my life and married him when I was 21. He was not a christian so I didn't have a godly man to lead me back to God. We had a good life - materially speaking we were wealtlhy, but our relationship grew farther and farther apart as time went by. Two months before our 15th wedding anniversary, he asked for a divorce. I begged and pleaded with him but he was persistant. The pain this caused me was more than emotional. It was mental, and physical. I wanted to die. Just thinking about it to this day I will cry.

I soon began to drink heavily. I was a full blown drunk before the first year was up. Miraculously I always maintained a job even though I worried about my finances. I had very little material things - a far cry from my life before.

One night I had a dream that I was atop a very tall, rickety ladder. I was naked and hungry. I could see significant men in my life, down far below on the ground. Each one told me that they couldn't help me down. Suddenly a bunch of faceless angels came to my side - I knew they were women, even though I couldn't see their faces. The angels gave me clothing and food. They repaired the rungs on the ladder so I could make a slow journey down. . . I finally made it back to my feet.

Now the reason I tell you about this dream is because about a year afterwards, I was working in a real estate office making very little money. My house was unfurnished and I struggled to make ends meet. The group of women that I worked with banned together and collected everything I needed! They furnished my house, even providing linens, pots and pans, and knick-knacks. One of the ladies gifted me with $200.00 so I could buy food. I realized that day that my dream had come true! These ladies were the faceless angels in my dream! I had seen the hand of God! I had landed on my feet!

Then I got very very sick. So sick I was told that I wouldn't make it. . . . My aorta had ulcerated, I had blood clots in both legs - one of which was about 4 feet long. The vascular surgeons told me that if they didn't amputate my leg, I would surely die. I was dilerious from pain and I was drugged on narcotics . . . I couldn't think or speak for myself. Then while I was still in intensive care, I had a dream. I didn't think it was a dream at the time because it was so real . . . in fact I am hard pressed even now to believe is was "only" a dream because one night a man I'd never seen before came to my bed and asked me if he could pray for me. I don't remember answering, but the man took my hand and bowed his head in prayer. After what seemed an eternity, the man got up and left my room. The next morning I was still confused about whether or not I'd had that dream and I asked the night nurse who the man was that came to my room. She said that NO ONE had been in my room, that only family was allowed in and it was way past visiting hours. . . Well, the only thing I know for sure is that the surgeons were able to save most of one leg and all of the other one. I was out of intensive care in 3 weeks and out of rehab in another two. I will always believe that the "stranger" was an angel.

So I found Jesus in Intensive Care. He's my Rock, my Salvation, my Friend and Brother. I can't imagine life without Him. I believe with all my heart that God speaks to me . . He whispers in my ear at night when I'm sleeping!

Blessings -"

Fellowship / Testimonies / Re:Read this and be encouraged. on: December 18, 2005, 06:17:31 PM

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 07:34:59 AM »

I hope I won't get in trouble  Kiss  but I read through TalkerCat's posts. And the thing that caught my eye *and heart* is the fact the she is such an inspiration!

We all have times of fear and worry-- we're still human!  Roll Eyes But I *need* to be around folks that help me learn how to get past the tough times and re-direct my fears and worries to the Lord! I don't do well with those who WANT to stay and wallow in misery. I've seen too many times where people want to compete for who has it the worst! Anywaaaaaaay.... when I read TalkerCat's posts what I noticed was the joy of the Lord! I wanted to share some exceptional posts that show that!
Thank you, TalkerCat! You are truly an inspiration!  Cheesy

Here I am in the "For Women Only" area again, but I must say AMEN!!

Sister Terri is an inspiration to me, and I treasure her fellowship. It makes me very happy that Sister Terri and other sweet Christians have joined together here with a common bond: JESUS is the focus of our life and we love HIM with all our heart. We can and do love each other as Brothers and Sisters in Christ, and we express that love in many ways. The biggest way that we love each other is to pray for each other. Along the way, we are all encouraged, strengthened, and built up in CHRIST. I give thanks that GOD allows our fellowship. We know that where two or three are gathered together in HIS NAME, HE is with them. YES, GOD is with us, and GOD is working in and through each of us to do His Will.

We all have much to give thanks for. I do give thanks for the sweet Christians on this forum every day. What we have here would be impossible without GOD, and I'm convinced that GOD is working here through many sweet Christians. Sincereheart, I must say that you are on my list of people here who strengthen and encourage me in CHRIST. Now I feel like I need to mention many others, but I will simply say that God has richly blessed us with many sweet Christians I give thanks for.

Thank You JESUS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 10:27-28 NASB  "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 09:12:19 AM »

I, too, have to sneak in here just long enough to say another AMEN!! Sister Terri has been a joy and an inspiration to me also. Her testimony is one that all should take to heart and follow the example that she has set in following and trusting in the Lord.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 12:47:27 PM »

Wow! I'm speechless!  How long has this thread been going?  Dare I say I'm flattered? No, I'm BLESSED!  Because all I live for is to be a testimony for God.  All the glory is HIS.  And since we're reminded of our inspirations right now, I wish to express that BEP (aka Sweetpeas) is a great inspiration!  I'm talkin' GODLY here!  I won't go into the personal health issues he deals with because I won't betray his confidence, but let's just say that no one skates through life pain free - God's ultimate goal for our life on earth is not comfort, but character development - there is a purpose behind every problem.  It is for our own good that we have hard times. Keep your eyes on Jesus, our leader and instructor.  He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterward.  Rejoice and give thanks for God is going through the pain with us.

And THANK YOU Sincereheart for your kind words ~ I really couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the subject thread!  Gee Whiz, Golly, and Awe Shucks, What can I say?  I makes me happy to know that good is coming from bad just as God promises in Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".
Blessings-

Your friend and
sister in Christ,
Terri

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 07:38:04 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

As children of the KING OF KINGS, we must all put things into proper perspective. We are all rich and blessed beyond human imagination. GOD lives in us and HE works in and through us. This ALONE should make us the happiest people on earth.

All That Thrills My Soul

Who can cheer the heart like Jesus,
By His presence all divine?
True and tender, pure and precious,
O how blest to call Him mine!

Refrain

All that thrills my soul is Jesus. He is more than life to me (to me); and the fairest of ten thousand, in my blessed Lord I see.

Love of Christ so freely given;
Grace of God beyond degree,
Mercy higher than the heaven;
Deeper than the deepest sea!

Refrain

What a wonderful redeemption!
Never can a mortal know;
How my sin, tho red like crimson;
Can be whiter than the snow.

Refrain

Every need His hand supplying;
Ev'ry good in Him I see,
On His strength divine relying;
He is all in all to me.

Refrain

By the crystal flowing river;
With the ransomed I will sing,
And forever and forever;
Praise and glorify my King!

Refrain

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 5:1-2 NASB  Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the