Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:12:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT IS THE MARK OF THE BEAST?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT IS THE MARK OF THE BEAST?  (Read 2901 times)
sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2003, 02:46:50 AM »

During the time of the Tribulation,to bring everyone under his control,the Antichrist will force all to receive his mark on either their right hands or foreheads.This mark is the mark of the Beast.The Antichrist will demand people to receive his mark so that He could turn everyone into his servant.He will proceed with his political scheme by using people's lives as his leverage.If people do not have the mark showing that they belong to the Beast,he will prevent them from buying or selling anything.This mark is the name of the Beast or his number.When the Beast appears in this world,its people will be coerced to receive this mark made of either his name or number.

When counted,the number of the Beast on this mark is 666.This means that the Beast,who is the Antichrist,proclaims himself as God.In other words,it shows the arrogance of a human being trying to be God.As such,anyone who receives this mark on his or her right hand or forehead would be serving and worshipping the Antichrist Beast as God.

God Bless.

Interesting reading. Rev 13:18, challenges the reader " Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."  Greek translation of psephizo arithmos (compute, reckon up the number).  The word mark translated from the Greek charagma, means scratch or etching, i.e. stamp (as a badge of servitude), or sculptured figure (statue):--graven, mark..

The Greek translated six hundred, threescore and six (666) actually comes out this way:
chi xi stigma – Six hundred threescore and six (666)

5516. chi xi stigma, used as numbers; denoting respectively H600, H60 and H6; H666 as a numeral:--six hundred threescore and six.

stigma,  (to "stick", i.e. prick); a mark incised or punched (for recognition of ownership), i.e. (fig.) scar of service:--mark.

H600. 'anaph, (Chald.), an-af'; corresp. to H639 (only in the plur. as a sing.); the face:--face, visage

H60. 'ebel, ay'-bel; from H56; lamentation:--mourning.

H6. 'abad, aw-bad'; a prim. root; prop. to wander away, i.e. lose oneself; by impl. to perish (caus. destroy):--break, destroy (-uction), + not escape, fail, lose, (cause to, make) perish, spend, X and surely, take, be undone, X utterly, be void of, have no way to flee.

Visage (face) of lamentation and mourning of the lost [translation mine].
Anyone who takes that mark is eternally lost.

I see in some of the replies,  heavy Catholism, who want so badly to make the antichrist a thing of the past, ie; Nero etc. any old Roman Emperor will do.  

He is alive

sunodino - travails for the lost

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2003, 11:08:15 AM »

The earliest known fragments of Revelation give the Beast a numerical value of 616.
Reba
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2003, 12:17:58 PM »

sunodino,

You said   'he is alive'  who are you refuring to?  I am guessing antichrist if so. . .

So there is no doubt are you meaning a person? if so is he a child or man? Please can you give some detail?
sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2003, 01:53:21 AM »

sunodino,

You said   'he is alive'  who are you refuring to?  I am guessing antichrist if so. . .

So there is no doubt are you meaning a person? if so is he a child or man? Please can you give some detail?

Yes, I am referring to a person, the first name identity is still not clear to me, only the family from which he comes.  At this time there are a number of sons in this family any of whom could be the one.  They are direct descendants of Mohammed, they have had rulership of Iraq, Saudi Arabia (when it was called just Arabia, until King Saud defeated them and took the holy sights for his own control, Mecca and Medina, and renamed the area Saudi Arabia), East Jerusalem and TransJordan.  One of the family members is working at this moment to become King of Iraq, and maybe take hold of those weapons of mass destruction (yet to be found)and the oil fields, making their monarchy the richest and most powerful in the world, especially among their Arab neighbors. As you can see in the news lately, there is a huge struggle going on for who will run the country of Iraq now that Sadaam Hussein has been ousted, US?, UN? the Counsil? Everybody wants it! There is much much more but it is very difficult to explain on this reply.   And YES, I am speculating as to the meaning of scripture both from the book of Daniel and Revelation, as well as the gospels, but when I say soon we shall see, that is when the Iraq leadership is solved, this may confirm what I said.  If so, Syria and Egypt may be in big trouble, because both countries/leaders betrayed this family and embarrassed them in the early part of the 1900's and during the 1948, and 1967 wars with Israel and because of the pictorial in the book of Daniel 7:5.This is pretty much all that should be said at the moment. You will not find any books on this, I don't believe I have seen or heard anyone else talk about this.

sunodino - travailing for the lost

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the