Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT IS THE MARK OF THE BEAST?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT IS THE MARK OF THE BEAST?  (Read 2900 times)
teddybear
« on: August 13, 2003, 12:41:24 PM »

During the time of the Tribulation,to bring everyone under his control,the Antichrist will force all to receive his mark on either their right hands or foreheads.This mark is the mark of the Beast.The Antichrist will demand people to receive his mark so that He could turn everyone into his servant.He will proceed with his political scheme by using people's lives as his leverage.If people do not have the mark showing that they belong to the Beast,he will prevent them from buying or selling anything.This mark is the name of the Beast or his number.When the Beast appears in this world,its people will be coerced to receive this mark made of either his name or number.

When counted,the number of the Beast on this mark is 666.This means that the Beast,who is the Antichrist,proclaims himself as God.In other words,it shows the arrogance of a human being trying to be God.As such,anyone who receives this mark on his or her right hand or forehead would be serving and worshipping the Antichrist Beast as God.

God Bless.
Reba
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 02:54:11 PM »

I have never seen the word 'antichrist' in the book of Revelation. I use mostly KJV What translation do you use?
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 12:35:24 AM »

Why not just take on it your left hand?

If you're going to literalize it then  the problem is solved.

If you're going to be realist, the forhead and the right hand signify  that which we are occupied with and  that which our thoughts are devoted.

Take care

Hitch
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 01:38:33 AM »

I have never seen the word 'antichrist' in the book of Revelation. I use mostly KJV What translation do you use?

It's not there.  It's undestood that the beast is symbolic for the Antichrist.

If you're going to literalize it then the problem is solved.

Unless you're not allowed to....geez...insanely idiotic.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 02:30:06 AM »

It's undestood that the beast is symbolic for the Antichrist.Antichrist is used four times in the Scriptures.  Which one(s) refer to a 'world leader'?
Reba
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 02:51:36 AM »

It's undestood that the beast is symbolic for the Antichrist.Antichrist is used four times in the Scriptures.  Which one(s) refer to a 'world leader'?

Hitch,

whats your bet on getting an answer?
LdyBluEyez79

Luke 1:79

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 05:08:53 PM »

I think that the mark has already begun.  Most of us have a social seurity number?  An address?  A telephone number?  A number some how--censusing?  Somehow we are marked so that "they" can find us.  "They" being people who are not of God, but of the world.  

Once the world attempts to make one entire nation (throwing out any and all borders globally)--I feel like they will try to account for us as a whole and then all Hell will break loose.  And once "they" destroy the world "Earth," they will attempt to move to another planet or the moon so that we can repeat the same problems.

Take a look at ourselves people and learn to fear God..., because He will come some day soon and we need to be awake!!!!!

There, but for the grace of God, go I.   Smiley
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2003, 04:22:08 PM »

Hmmmm Just about all of em Ollie...
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2003, 05:48:24 PM »

If you're going to be realist, the forhead and the right hand signify  that which we are occupied with and  that which our thoughts are devoted.

I agree with Hitch. If we are saved than our thoughts are on the Lord.

Revelation 14:1  And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.

Concerning 666 take out your pocket calculator, take 2 and divide it by 3. This equals .666... Numbers are words and all of the words of the bible are subject to interpretation.
God explains what 2/3 and 1/3 means:

Zechariah 13:8  And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
Zechariah 13:9  And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

If you wish to explore this further look to 2Ki 1:10. Three captains are sent to take Elijah. The first 2 are consumed when Elijah calls down fire from heaven. The third was spared when he begged for mercy.
Two thirds (666) represents the unsaved it is not a literal number.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2003, 09:35:03 PM »

The references in the bible for antichrist describe a spirit, and an action that opposes Christ.  These are antichrist, or without Christ.  They oppose Christ at every angle in act and in spirit.  Theologians have equated the Beast in Revelation to this antichrist, and have named Him accordingly.  

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Reba
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2003, 09:48:49 PM »

The beast is not more powerfull then its Creator.

God says HE (God) is the God of the earth.
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2003, 10:24:38 PM »

The references in the bible for antichrist describe a spirit, and an action that opposes Christ.  These are antichrist, or without Christ.  They oppose Christ at every angle in act and in spirit.  Theologians have equated the Beast in Revelation to this antichrist, and have named Him accordingly.  

I don't think so. Bible scholars are generally in agreement that the 'anti-christs' referred to in John are Gnostic Christians.
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2003, 12:03:38 AM »

I wonder if there has ever been and end time sermon
                       on Christian TV or radio concerned with the 'Mark of
                       the Believer". In contrast practically every day one of
                       the 'gang' has a new reason to extol the anti-Christ
                       (Anti-Christ does not appear in any text) But what’s
                       really cute is that the biblical 'Mark of the Beast' is
                       attributed  to the anti-Christ. (These terms appear in
                       entirely  different books of the bible.) And always in the
                       name of literalism! Go figure...
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2003, 12:06:38 AM »

The first ‘mark’ I know of is from Gen. 3; 19, and it
                       Interesting just where its found,,, on the forehead. The
                       'Mark of the Beast' (MOB) though, is a counterfeit of
                       the marks found in Duet, 6; 8 and Ex. 28;36. The first
                       is a simple idea of a sort of bracelet with the
                       Commandments written in the design and worn on
                       the  right wrist. There is also mention of the 'frontal'
                       the little box you may have seen modern Jews wearing
                       , on their foreheads in photos from the 'Wailing Wall'.
                       In Exodus we see the High Priest with golden
                       letters,again across the forehead, HOLY TO THE
                       LORD.

Reading the Sermon on the Mount should leave us
                       with little left to question. The real value of the seal is
                       contained in the thoughts and intents of heart of the
                       individual. Remember Jesus told the viperous brood
                       "You search the scriptures daily." To no avail. But
                       this seal would be an outward show of the devotion of
                       a devout believer. A proclamation of God's greatness
                       and protective will. It is the lawyer class (Pharisees) that
                       ineveitibly elevates the seal over the intent. Well that
                       class was the religious elite in Jesus day and we are all
                       well aware of their various problems. They ,no doubt
                       were sure to wear the frontal and make every
                       outward show. The first century audience of the
Revelation was well aquainted with the seal of God, as
                       described above, and thus the allusion to a sorry
                       counterfeit of the same by the enemy wouldn’t seem
                       strange at all. And as Christ is the Stumbling Block to
                       unbelievers so becomes the frontal of scripture to
                       apostate Jews bent on persecuting our Lord through
                       His church. The very thing which sets apart the
                       believer,the Word, becomes a witness against the
                       Scribe.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 12:08:41 AM by Hitch » Logged
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2003, 12:09:56 AM »

Recalling that the Jews used the scripture against the Lord and
                               the church lets look at another vile action. The epitome of
                               idolatry/adultery. They falsely accused our Lord, but fulfilling the
                               Word in Matt.23;35 they commit the final act of national
                               apostasy,  the eternal shame of the once holy nation and city,
                               led by no less than the chief priest...

John 19:15 15 But they cried out, "Away with Him, away with
                               Him! Crucify Him!" Pilate said to them, "Shall I crucify your
                               King?" The chief priests answered, "We have no king but
                               Caesar!" (NKJ)

Knowing this beforehand we see Jesus weeping over the city
                               (Matt 23;37)The Judge of Israel knows that there is no appeal, no
                               more hope for the city, terrible judgement will come.

Ok so far but so what?

This treatment of our Lord is prophetic in that the same
                               argument was used against the church by the Jews. The False
                               Prophet has denied the true faith and ran after foreign gods.
                               Namely Caesar. In filthy apostasy they continued the practice of
                               choosing the god of State,Ceaser, over the God of Abe. Pursuing
                               and killing church leaders and organizing economic sanctions
                               against all who would defiantly call on Jesus(acts 20;19,
                               ,,4;1-3,,,5;17,18 acts is full of such references)

So the Mark (the frontal) that should have set them apart to God,
                               and helped incur the greatest blessings, become the mark that
                               seals their doom, even as Christ the Deliverer becomes Christ
                               the Wrathful Judge. They had a 'day' in which to choose whom
                               they would serve, they chose poorly and paid dearly.

So I reckon the MOB found in the Revelation was the once
                               glorious Word of God, so abused as to become the device for the
                               regicide and thus becoming a witness as the blood of Abel. But
                               whether the frontal was actually the mark or not makes no
                               difference.

Whether a literal mark existed or not makes no difference. The
                               point is; at that particular time in history the last generation of
                               Old Covenant Jews murdered the Great King's Son, and His
                               servants as well. And that not being evil enough they did their
                               best to see that all in Israel had to make the same choice...

And some took the Mark, we will not see them. Some were
                               faithful to the end and we are blessed by their bravery and faith
                               today as they are the foundation of the church.

Apologies for the editing and if you have been bored by this previously.

take care

Hitch
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 12:14:36 AM by Hitch » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the