Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:20:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  DOES ANYBODY KNOW ??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOES ANYBODY KNOW ??  (Read 69248 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 01, 2006, 01:08:18 AM »

you're right.

Ge 24:15 And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel the son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.

Ge 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her. And she went down to the fountain, and filled her pitcher, and came up.

Ge 24:17 And the servant ran to meet her, and said, Give me to drink, I pray thee, a little water from thy pitcher.

Ge 24:18 And she said, Drink, my lord. And she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink.

Ge 24:19 And when she had done giving him drink, she said, I will draw for thy camels also, until they have done drinking.

Ge 24:20 And she hasted, and emptied her pitcher into the trough, and ran again unto the well to draw, and drew for all his camels.

Ge 24:21 And the man looked stedfastly on her, holding his peace, to know whether Jehovah had made his journey prosperous or not.

Ge 24:22 And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden ring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold,

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: June 01, 2006, 01:09:03 AM »

Which sick king sent 10 camel loads of gifts to a prophet with the question, "Shall I recover of this disease?"
I though it was forty camel loads.

2 Kings 8:9 So Hazael went to meet Elisha and took a present with him of every good thing of Damascus, forty camel loads, and came and stood before him and said, Your son Ben-hadad king of Syria has sent me to you, asking, Shall I recover from this disease?

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 01, 2006, 01:11:39 AM »

I though it was forty camel loads.

2 Kings 8:9 So Hazael went to meet Elisha and took a present with him of every good thing of Damascus, forty camel loads, and came and stood before him and said, Your son Ben-hadad king of Syria has sent me to you, asking, Shall I recover from this disease?

Amen you're right it was 40

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #663 on: June 01, 2006, 01:14:21 AM »

Which man, when his lost fortunes were restored by God, was given a piece of money and a gold earing by each of his friends?
Job

Job 42:10-11  And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. 11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 01, 2006, 01:17:22 AM »

Amen.

The answer to the 2 part one is in 1Samuel 9:7-8

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #665 on: June 01, 2006, 01:18:39 AM »

which man was given a gift of 20 cities "and they pleased him not'?
Hiram

1 Kings 9:12 And Hiram came out from Tyre to see the cities which Solomon had given him; and they pleased him not.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: June 01, 2006, 01:21:06 AM »

Who after testing a king with questions, gave him gifts of gold, spices and precious stones?
1 Kings 10:10 And she gave the king an hundred and twenty talents of gold, and of spices very great store, and precious stones: there came no more such abundance of spices as these which the queen of Sheba gave to king Solomon.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 01, 2006, 01:21:18 AM »

Hiram

1 Kings 9:12 And Hiram came out from Tyre to see the cities which Solomon had given him; and they pleased him not.

yep
Right again

1Ki 9:11 (now Hiram the king of Tyre had furnished Solomon with cedar-trees and fir-trees, and with gold, according to all his desire), that then king Solomon gave Hiram twenty cities in the land of Galilee.

1Ki 9:12 And Hiram came out from Tyre to see the cities which Solomon had given him; and they pleased him not.

1Ki 9:13 And he said, What cities are these which thou hast given me, my brother? And he called them the land of Cabul unto this day.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: June 01, 2006, 01:27:24 AM »

What personal assistant of Moses became jelous of Eldad and Medad when they prophesied?
Joshua

Numbers 11:27-28 And a young man ran to Moses and said, Eldad and Medad are prophesying [sounding forth the praises of God and declaring His will] in the camp.  28 Joshua son of Nun, the minister of Moses, one of his chosen men, said, My lord Moses, forbid them!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #669 on: June 01, 2006, 01:29:12 AM »

Okay, your turn, the place was named Kibroth-hattaavah.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 01, 2006, 01:29:47 AM »

yeppers

check these Scriptures 1Chronicles 9:1-9

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #671 on: June 01, 2006, 01:30:29 AM »

Where are  Phrygia and/or Pamphylia?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #672 on: June 01, 2006, 01:31:38 AM »

Who every day devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple area?

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 01, 2006, 01:32:10 AM »

Okay, your turn, the place was named Kibroth-hattaavah.

("graves of lust".) Num_11:34; Num_33:17. At Erweis el Ebeirig near wady el Hudherah (Hazeroth) Israelite remains apparently are found, marking the site of Kibroth Hattaavah. (See WILDERNESS OF WANDERINGS.) Clark makes El Ain to be Kibroth Hattaavah. Laborde makes El Ain to be Hazeroth. The S.E. "wind from the Lord" from the neighbouring Elanitic gulf of the Red" Sea" bore quails so as to "throw them upon" (Hebrew Num_11:31) the encampment and its neighbourhood, "about two cubits above the face of the ground," i.e. not that they were piled up to that height, but the quails wearied with their flight flew so low as to be easily knocked down or caught by the people. The quail flies with the wind and low. The prodigious quantity and the supply of them at that time, in connection with Jehovah's moral dealings with Israel, constitute the miracle, which is in consonance with God's natural law though then intensified.
The hot Khamsin or S.E. wind is what quails avail themselves of in their annual flight northwards; the S.W. wind was the extraordinary agent brought in "by the power of God" (Psa_78:26). As Jehovah told them (ver. 20), they ate "a whole month until it came out at their nostrils, and was loathsome" to them. The impossibility, to ordinary view, of such a meat supply for 600,000 men for a month long even to satiety ("He rained flesh upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea": Psa_78:27), staggered Moses' faith: "shall the flocks and the herds be slain for them to suffice them? or shall all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them?" (the proximity to the Red "Sea" suggested the "fish," ver. 31; compare Joh_6:7-9). We too often "limit the Holy One of Israel" (Psa_78:41-20-31).
But "while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was consumed" (Speaker's Commentary for "chewed"), "the wrath of Jehovah smote the people with a very great plague." Feeding on quails for a whole month would of itself be injurious. God punished the gluttonous people through their gluttony which they had indulged in to surfeit; He aggravated the natural consequences into a supernatural visitation. God punishes murmurers by "giving them their request, but sending leanness into their soul" (Psa_106:15). The first supply of quails was on the 15th day of the second month after the Exodus (Exodus 16; Psa_105:40), just before the manna. The second was at Kibroth Hattaavah in the second year after the camp had removed from its 12 months' stay at Sinai. The Hebrew for "quail" is selaw, and the locality has several places named from it, wady es Selif the E. road, wady Soleif the road to the W. E. Wilton (Imperial Dictionary) fixes on an old cemetery in the wady Berah as Kibroth Hattaavah.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #674 on: June 01, 2006, 01:35:12 AM »

("graves of lust".) Num_11:34; Num_33:17. At Erweis el Ebeirig near wady el Hudherah (Hazeroth) Israelite remains apparently are found, marking the site of Kibroth Hattaavah. (See WILDERNESS OF WANDERINGS.) Clark makes El Ain to be Kibroth Hattaavah. Laborde makes El Ain to be Hazeroth. The S.E. "wind from the Lord" from the neighbouring Elanitic gulf of the Red" Sea" bore quails so as to "throw them upon" (Hebrew Num_11:31) the encampment and its neighbourhood, "about two cubits above the face of the ground," i.e. not that they were piled up to that height, but the quails wearied with their flight flew so low as to be easily knocked down or caught by the people. The quail flies with the wind and low. The prodigious quantity and the supply of them at that time, in connection with Jehovah's moral dealings with Israel, constitute the miracle, which is in consonance with God's natural law though then intensified.
The hot Khamsin or S.E. wind is what quails avail themselves of in their annual flight northwards; the S.W. wind was the extraordinary agent brought in "by the power of God" (Psa_78:26). As Jehovah told them (ver. 20), they ate "a whole month until it came out at their nostrils, and was loathsome" to them. The impossibility, to ordinary view, of such a meat supply for 600,000 men for a month long even to satiety ("He rained flesh upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea": Psa_78:27), staggered Moses' faith: "shall the flocks and the herds be slain for them to suffice them? or shall all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them?" (the proximity to the Red "Sea" suggested the "fish," ver. 31; compare Joh_6:7-9). We too often "limit the Holy One of Israel" (Psa_78:41-20-31).
But "while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was consumed" (Speaker's Commentary for "chewed"), "the wrath of Jehovah smote the people with a very great plague." Feeding on quails for a whole month would of itself be injurious. God punished the gluttonous people through their gluttony which they had indulged in to surfeit; He aggravated the natural consequences into a supernatural visitation. God punishes murmurers by "giving them their request, but sending leanness into their soul" (Psa_106:15). The first supply of quails was on the 15th day of the second month after the Exodus (Exodus 16; Psa_105:40), just before the manna. The second was at Kibroth Hattaavah in the second year after the camp had removed from its 12 months' stay at Sinai. The Hebrew for "quail" is selaw, and the locality has several places named from it, wady es Selif the E. road, wady Soleif the road to the W. E. Wilton (Imperial Dictionary) fixes on an old cemetery in the wady Berah as Kibroth Hattaavah.

Yuppers................. Grin

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the