Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:03:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "Angels all around Me"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Angels all around Me"  (Read 6021 times)
livingbyfaith

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2006, 08:50:19 AM »

ANGELS ALL AROUND ME

Do you like angel stories?  Most people do.  After I do some heavy writing, I need to write something on the lighter side to lift my spirit and hopefully yours, too.  I will tell you a few stories about “angels” in my life.  I will not be talking about angels in shimmering white robes and wings.  I’ve never seen any of those.  My angels are those who have helped me along the way just as I was about to fall.  They came just in time to pick me up and move me in the right direction.

One meaning for angel in the Webster dictionary is “a guiding spirit or influence.”  In Strong’s Concordance, one meaning is “to dispatch as a deputy.”  Deputy is a person appointed to act as an assistant to another.  One or more may have been angels dressed like real people.  These last are the ones in Hebrews 13:2 “Be not forgetful to entertain strangers for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.”  

Also when I look back, all along the way, I see people standing on the sidelines.  These are those who were there for me when the chips were down. I did not appreciate them like I should at the time.  I can see now that I was never alone.  Some were times I didn’t really know Jesus yet God sent “deputies” to guide me along the way.

My favorite was a little old bag lady. She was dirty, unkempt and foul smelling.  She came into the place I worked as a waitress.  She was put at my table.  I waited on her, smiling as I did.  I try to treat everyone the same.  She invited me to sit down and eat with her.  I said I was sorry but we weren’t allowed.  I brought her food and then got busy.  Later I looked and she was gone.  As I began to clean the table up, I saw a bill folded neatly under the cup.  It was a $100 bill!  The really amazing thing is that was exactly what I needed to pay my rent.  (I was a Christian by then.)  There is a lot more to the story but I’ll leave it at that.  I know, without a doubt that if I would have been nasty with her, I would never have gotten the money.  God knows how to handle a situation!

Another angel in people’s clothing was a little old lady at my bus stop.  I rode the bus home and realized I left my package at the bus stop.  I told my husband I was going back to get my package.  He said it would never be there.  It was a bad area and people also have gotten mugged.  The bus came by just as I got out the door.  This was no mere coincidence.  When I got to the stop, there was this sweet old lady, holding my bag as nice as you please.  

Walking toward her, she smiled and said she knew I’d be back.  How did she know it was mine?  She stood up to leave before I could thank her but I was able to ask her name.  She looked astonished and hesitated before she said: “Pearl”.  She took off like a scared rabbit and disappeared!  All I could think of was “Pearl of great price”; Pearl, a name she made up in a second.

Angel # 3 appeared in New York.  My husband and I were on our honeymoon.  Circumstances forced us to go to Long Island to visit his aunt.  Coming back to Penn Station had us stumped.  Which train do we take and what side of the track?  We were not seasoned travelers.  As we puzzled over it, a pleasant looking man, dressed in a well worn but neat suit, tapped me on the shoulder and asked if he could help us.  He got us to the right train and disappeared.  We got off in the big city and were lost for the second time.  Which door do we go out to get a taxi to take us to the airport.  Out of 1000’s of people, the same man tapped me on the shoulder once more.  “May I help you again?”  I thank God often for His angels who come along when I need them!

At the same restaurant where I saw the bag lady, I waited on a man at the counter where I worked. I was talking to a lady about an art course I was taking.  The man began to talk to me.  He was an artist.  He came in the next day and gave me the basic paints and a couple good brushes.  My co-worker said he had been coming in for about 15 years and
never spoke to any one.  Why me?  

One day I got talking to him about the Bible.  He said he didn’t understand it.  I told him I would write some scriptures and try to explain them to him.  He told me to make them simple.  One evening he was there when I wasn’t busy.  I must have “preached” to him for about a half hour.  He seemed to enjoy the stories.  When he was leaving, he said: “Thanks for the Mini-Sermons.”  That is when I began to write regularly and seriously.  He was one of my guiding angels and strong influences.  Then he slowly slipped out of my sight, only to appear when I would get discouraged.  Haven’t seen him since!

This will be my last story.  After my husband divorced me to marry someone else, I was determined I was not going to let it get the best of me.  I was going to go out and have a good time.  I wasn’t saved yet.  A girl I worked with asked me to go out with her after work.  She wanted me to meet this “nice” guy.  I wasn’t aware it could be dangerous.  I agreed.  

On my way home at 11 P.M. to change clothes, I had this feeling I shouldn’t go.  I called my friend and said I changed my mind.  She put the guy on.  He sweet talked me into going.  He wanted to meet me.  I was innocent of the ways of the world.  I was pretty protected from it most of my life.  

I got changed and on my way to the meeting place.  Half way there, it felt like some one grabbed my steering wheel and sent me back home!  I asked the girl the next day how it went.  She didn’t know because she didn’t go either.  Then came the shocker.  The guy I was supposed to meet was arrested for assault and battery, carrying a concealed weapon, drug charges and his wife was suing him for divorce.  

God was looking out for me even then.  He knew where I would be today.  Who knows what would have happened to me if I did go.  I could have been in jail as an accomplice, or raped and possibly murdered.  My whole life could have been ruined completely.  I didn’t deserve God’s care but I got it!  God is awesome.

I have more “angel” stories but I’ll let it go at that.  Hope this has encouraged you to believe God has angels all around us to look out for us when we can’t look out for ourselves.  

God bless you.

With God's love, Joan

Smiley   Smiley   Smiley

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 09:16:22 AM »

Hi Joan, I don't believe I have welcomed you to Christians Unite. This is a wonderful forum, I love all the wonderful sweet Christians here and even though I have never met any of them personally, I feel like I have known them all my life. You too will get to know them and appreciated each and everyone of them, and by their posts, ans support ou will get and idea of their characters and thwy will become like family. I look forward to seeing my brthers and sisters in Christ, in this forum everyday. I hope you will feel the same. Wink
I enjoyed reading about your post on angels, yes God created angels to minister to us and none of us really know just how many times we have been delivered from disasters, or helped along by angels. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Your sister in Christ,
Maria.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 09:18:14 AM »

BOY did I really mess up on my spelling on that last post. I am happy that the 'spell checker cop' retired. Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 10:01:27 AM »

BOY did I really mess up on my spelling on that last post. I am happy that the 'spell checker cop' retired. Grin

That's alright sister Maria, we all have our days.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 10:07:02 AM »

Hi Joan, this is such a wonderful post. I look forward to reading more of your posts and stories like this. Yes God does use His angels as ministering spirits to us and to help protect us. There are many such events in the Bible. Many times we do not know that they are angels and sometimes it is a person that is being guided by the Holy Spirit. We will probably never know which it is but we know that God does protect us and guide us in many different ways.

I hope that you don't mind my joining you here with some stories of my own in this area. I have many of them. I also hope to hear more of yours here that you said you have.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
livingbyfaith

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 10:38:21 AM »

Of course it will be delightful to swap stories about angels.  I will get back to that later.  I can add one thing but it takes place in the period of 2001 to 2005!!!  All I will say here is the fact that I cried out to God for help.  I was so lonely and disgusted with my worthless life.  I did write Mini-Sermons every week from 1987 t0 1988 without fail.  

Then for about 13 years I got off track and didn't write another thing until 2001.  I started with an electronic typewriter.  

To make this short, God gave me a dream where He promised to heal me physically, emotionally, mentally & spiritually.  He has continuously been keeping HIs promise.  For the emotional healing he sent me an email friend who had been a school counselor and a dedicated Christian.  I'll say more about this but I will first tell the dream and the different things God healed me of.  "Your Old Men Shall Dream Dreams" will be under another topic.

I call this friend an angel because he was sent my way to minister to me faithfully for 4 years until I became a NEW PERSON in CHRIST.  The whole thing is amazing.

You can tell more of your angel stories because I would like to hear them.

God bless you.  Joan  P.S.  Should I use my real name.  I use it on many sites I write on.  One man wanted me to use my own name.  I was afraid to.  But God sent an eagle to tell me it was o.k.  He would hide me under the shadow of His wings.
That is another story about God's creatures ministering me.  They had to be ANGELS?!!!

I guess I could include them in "angel" stories.  I Kings 18:4-6
tells us about Elijah being fed by ravens when was a coward and hid from Jezebel.  

I will write about the birds God used to encourage me, teach and give me faith to trust God more.  These are shorter than some of my writings.  Here goes on next entry.  The Holy Spirit is leading me into all this.  WOW!

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 11:03:41 AM »

Joan  P.S.  Should I use my real name.

Sister we do have those that visit this forum that could cause trouble for any Christians. I do not suggest using your entire name here or give any other information that might lead someone to you. Most of us here have given our real first names. I don't think that by itself should be a problem.

Even though we have God to protect us it doesn't hurt to take further steps in protecting ourselves.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 11:21:29 AM »

Sister we do have those that visit this forum that could cause trouble for any Christians. I do not suggest using your entire name here or give any other information that might lead someone to you. Most of us here have given our real first names. I don't think that by itself should be a problem.

Even though we have God to protect us it doesn't hurt to take further steps in protecting ourselves.

Joan, I love the angel stories. I remember when my wife was alive. We were going to go out, for dinner and a movie. As we headed out the door, I saw the tire was flat. So I changed it,

Heading on out finally, we came upon an accident. About the time of the accident, would have been about the time we would have been there. The Lord, stopped us from going, by that flat tire. Had we gone ahead, I firmly believe we would have been in the accident.

P.S. The tires were only 3 days old, at that time.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

John 6:20 But Jesus said to them, It is I; be not afraid!

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 11:28:47 AM »

Hi Joan, this is such a wonderful post. I look forward to reading more of your posts and stories like this. Yes God does use His angels as ministering spirits to us and to help protect us. There are many such events in the Bible. Many times we do not know that they are angels and sometimes it is a person that is being guided by the Holy Spirit. We will probably never know which it is but we know that God does protect us and guide us in many different ways.

I hope that you don't mind my joining you here with some stories of my own in this area. I have many of them. I also hope to hear more of yours here that you said you have.

Pastor Roger I was just about to post the same thing, God sometimes uses people we know that are led by the Holy Spirit to help us out, and the thing about it is that even the person being used is as astonished as we are. God is so Wonderful.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 11:46:03 AM »

Amen Sister Maria,

I have been led that way many times myself and have had many people sent to me in that manner also. I will write some more about this also as time permits me to do so. Such stories are a testimony to the wondrous power of God.

livingbyfaith

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 12:21:52 PM »

I remember when my wife was alive. We were going to go out, for dinner and a movie. As we headed out the door, I saw the tire was flat. So I changed it,

Heading on out finally, we came upon an accident. About the time of the accident, would have been about the time we would have been there. The Lord, stopped us from going, by that flat tire. Had we gone ahead, I firmly believe we would have been in the accident.

P.S. The tires were only 3 days old, at that time.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

John 6:20 But Jesus said to them, It is I; be not afraid!

I had a similar experience.  I was learning to drive.My husband insisted I use the car with a gear shift.  For 15 minutes I tried to get off the hill.  Finally got moving.  Down teh road there had been a bad accident. If I would have started right away, we would have been in that wreck.  God's angel stopped us!  Isn't God wonderful?

Another car incident.  My nephew was taking me home from his mother's.  He went to pull out on the road which would take me home.

Suddenly I felt myself tilting to the side.  The other car had to be driving pretty fast to smash into the driver's side and push it way over to the other side. Tire marks were there for a long time.  This was about 7 years ago.  How many angels did it take to keep us from going over the hill beside the road? I was hanging by my seat belt for about 45 minutes before they could get us out.  The para-medics had to break my window and cut the roof off to get us out.

MY nephew flew over top of me and hit my side of the car.  He had a concussion.  He still don't remember anything about it.  His foot had caught in the gear shift  All he cared about was getting his foot out.  I kept telling him we were in a wreck.  It just never sunk in.

Usually, I didn't wear a seat belt but that day I did!  An angel's quiet suggestion.  I could have hit my head too and maybe got killed.  My nephew's foot that was stuck could have saved him from hitting harder.  

I was as calm as could be.  I was joking with the para-medics and then telling them what God had done for usand all about Jesus.  They wanted to keep us talking so we didn't go into shock.

Coming down the other side of the hill,  I heard this later) was a lady from my church.  She was told to take a blanket to us.  She didn't know I was in the car. She did pray for us.   She didn't obey that day.  It would have been great.  They had to cover us with a sheet when they broke the window.  I don't know when but all I got was 10 pieces of glass in my leg in the form of a V  for victory.

God was looking out for us.  He never fails.

livingbyfaith

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 12:32:40 PM »

When I was pondering about using my real name,  I was standing in the park waiting for my daughter to pick me up.  It got real dark ove head.  I looked up.  There was an a big bird (maybe an eagle flying pretty low over my head.  I was told tehre was an eagle's nest close by in this territory.  I couldn't se teh top of his head to see if he was a bald eagle.

Whatever, I thought of the rscripture that God would hide me under the shadow of His wings.  That was a few years ago.  Things ARE getting lot worse.  Maybe I shouldn't use my real name in these last days.  I'll just go by my first name.  God bless you.

My head is spinning from submitting so much.  I think speed may be necessary in this time we are in now.  People need to hear.

God loves you.  Joan

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 01:40:37 PM »

This is not necessarily a story of angels but it does show how God answers prayers and protects His own.

During Desert Storm I was stationed with a Navy Hospital Unit in Bahrain. This hospital unit was made completely of all tents and so was our sleeping quarters. Not much protection against anything if we were to be attacked. This was located about 300 miles to the south of Iraq so we were supposedly not in any danger of direct enemy fire.

All of this hospital was shipped there in big sea vans. After the sea vans were unloaded we stacked them two high all around the compound as a safety measure against possible terrorists as we didn't have enough sufficient fencing material available to us.

Located some miles to the south of us was a Military airbase that was shared by the Marines/Air Force/Army and Navy. It was a popular target of scud missles nightly so Patriots were set up there to counter the scuds. We heard and some saw the patriots blowing up the scuds over our heads nightly. We were concerned about possible biological/chemical warheads in these but did not realise there might be any other danger to us.

We had a chapel set up in one of the tents and many went there daily praying for our own protection as well as for those on the front lines. We were told of many people back in the U.S. that were also praying for us all.

When the war had been declared over we started tearing the hospital down preparing to go home. When we took the sea vans down we found schrapnel on the top of these sea vans. Some of these were pretty big pieces that if they had hit one of the berthing tents they could have gone through the tents with ease and would have killed many people.

We never found a single piece of schrapnel inside the compound.

God is wonderful and He does answer prayers and does protect His own.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the