Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  God's Promises for American Heroes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Promises for American Heroes  (Read 72008 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2006, 11:41:26 PM »

This is a series of devotionals that were designed for those serving in the Military and for their families. I feel that these wonderful writings could be beneficial to all not just those it was intended for.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 11:51:34 PM »

Adversity

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

If you're serving our nation at home or abroad - or if your loved one is stationed in a distant land - then you are certainly no stranger to adversity. Thankfully, God's promises offer you assurance and hope.

When we face the inevitable difficulties of life-here-on-earth, God stands ready to protect us. Our responsibility, of course, is to ask Him for protection. When we call upon Him in heartfelt prayer, He will answer - in His own time and in accordance with His own perfect plan.

Are these the toughest of times for you? If so, you must trust in God's power, His mercy, and His grace. For it is only when we place our lives in God's hands that we are truly secure.

"It is true that we endure trials, but it is also true that we are delivered out of the."  C. H. Spurgeon

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 12:02:33 PM »

Anxiety

Psa 94:19  In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

Because we live in a difficult world, we have understandable fears for our families and our nation. When anxiety fills our hearts, we can turn to God for comfort and assurance. Thankfully, when we earnestly seek Him, God makes His presence known.

Are you worried? Take your worries to God. Are you troubled? Take your troubles to Him. Does the world seem to trembling beneath your feet? Seek protection from the One who cannot be moved? The same God who created the universe will protect you if you ask Him ... so ask Him.

"The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety." George Mueller

« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 12:17:25 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 11:16:05 AM »

Asking God

Luk 11:9  And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luk 11:10  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Sometimes, amid the demands and the frustrations of life here on earth, we forget to slow ourselves down long enough to talk with God. Instead of turning our thoughts and prayers to Him, we rely instead upon our own resources. Instead of praying for strength and courage, we seek to manufacture it within ourselves. Instead of asking God for guidance, we depend only upon our own limited wisdom.

In these difficult days, we need the love, the guidance, and the salvation that can and should be ours when we seek God's wisdom and trust His promises. So if you are worried, fearful, or uncertain about the future, bow your head and have a quiet conversation with the Giver of all good things. When you sincerely lift your heart to God in prayer, He will give you comfort, assurance, wisdom and hope.

When you ask God to do something, don't ask timidly: put your whole heart into it. Marie T. Freeman

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 01:07:41 PM »

This is a series of devotionals that were designed for those serving in the Military and for their families. I feel that these wonderful writings could be beneficial to all not just those it was intended for.

Amen Pastor Roger!

These are beautiful, and I thank you for sharing them. These really apply to all of us, but I can see how they would be especially uplifting to the Armed Forces and their families. We probably have a large number of people reading the posts here who do fit in that category, and I pray that they will be blessed.  I was a proud Navy dad until just recently, but I will always pray for our men and women every day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 104:33-34 NASB  I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.  Let my meditation be pleasing to Him; As for me, I shall be glad in the LORD.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 12:35:01 PM »

2Co 4:1  Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2Co 4:2  But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

Life is a series of decisions and choices. Each day, we make countless decisions that can bring us closer to God... or not. When we live according to God's commandments, we earn for ourselves the abundance and peace that He intends for our lives. But, when we turn our backs upon God by disobeying Him, we bring needless suffering upon ourselves and our families.

Do you seek spiritual abundance that can be yours through the person of God's only begotten son? Then invite Christ into your heart and live according to His teachings. And, when you confront a difficult decision or a powerful temptation, seek God's wisdom and trust it. When you do, you will receive untold blessings - not only for this day, but also for all eternity.

"Resolved: never to do anything which I should be afraid to do if it were the last hour of my life." Jonathon Edwards

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 09:19:09 AM »

Blessings

Num 6:24  The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
Num 6:25  The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

To those whom much is given, much is expected, and so it is with America. Our nation's challenges are great, and no single individual, no matter how wise, can chart the proper course for our nation. But, we the people - under God and respectful of His commandments - can join together to protect and preserve our nation and, in doing so, give protection and hope to freedom loving people around the globe.

If you sat down and began counting your blessings, how long would it take? A very, very long time! Your blessings include life, freedom, family, friends, talents, and possessions, for starters. But, your greatest blessing - a gift that is yours for the asking - is God's gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. Today, give thanks for your blessings and show your thanks by using them and sharing them.

Do we not continually pass by blessings innumerable without the notice, and instead fix our eyes on what we feel to be our trials and our losses, and think and talk about these until our whole horizon is filled with them, and we almost begin to think we have no blessings at all?   Hannah Whitall Smith

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 10:06:45 AM »

Psa 71:5  For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.

We Christians have many reasons to be confident. God is in His heaven; Christ has tisen, and we are the sheep of His flock. Yet sometimes, even the most devout Christians can become discouraged. Discouragement, however, is not God's way; He is a God of possibilty not negativity.

Are you a confident Christian? You should be. God's grace is eternal and His promises are everlasting. So count your blessings, not your hardships. And live courageously. God is the Giver of all things good, and He watches over you today and forever.

Feelings of confidence depend upon the type of thoughts you habitually occupy. Think defeat, and you are bound to be defeated. Norman Vincent Peale

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »

1Ch 28:20  ......   Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.

A storm rose quickly on the sea of Galilee and the the disciples were afraid. Although they had seen Jesus perform many miracles, the disciples feared for their lives; so they turned to their Saviour and He calmed the waters and the wind.

Sometimes, we, like the disciples, feel threatened by the inevitable storms of life. And when we are fearful, we too, can turn to Christ for courage and for comfort.

The next time your courage is tested to the limit, remember that the One who calmed the wind and the waves is also your personal Saviour. And remember that the ultimate battle has already been won at Calvary. We, as believers, can live courageously in the promises of our Lord ... and we should.

"Why rely on yourself and fall? Cast yourself upon His arm. Be not afraid. He will not let you slip. Cast yourself in confidence. He will receive you and heal you." St. Augustine

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 10:47:41 AM »

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

For Christian believers, death is not an ending; it is a beginning. For Christian believers, the grave is not a final resting place; it is a place of transition. Yet even when we know our loved ones are at peace with Christ, we still weep bitter tears, not so much for the departed but instead for ourselves.

God promises that He is "close to the brokenhearted" (Psalm 34:18). In times of intense sadness, we must turn to Him, and we must encourage our friends and family members to do likewise. Death can never claim those who have accepted Christ as their personal Saviour. We have received the gift of life abundant and eternal.

"Live in Christ; die in Christ; and the flesh need not fear death." John Knox

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 11:29:39 AM »

AMEN And I pray that our troops are being fed God's Word daily. They are putting their lives on the line every day, for our security, but are the making sure that their own lives are secure in Jesus. Let us pray that they are receiving God's Word, and that they are choosing life, by accepting Jesus as their Lord and savior.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 10:04:08 AM »

Isa 43:2  When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
Isa 43:3  For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Throughout the seasons of life, we must all endure life altering personal losses that leave us breathless. When we do, God stands ready to protect us. Psalm 147 promises, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds" (v3 NKJV0. And God keeps His promises.

Life is often challenging, but as Christians, we must trust the promises of our Heavenly Father. God loves us, and He will protect us. In times of hardship, He will comfort us; in times of sorrow, He will dry our tears. When we are troubled or weak or sorrowful, God is with us. And love endures, not only for today but also for all of eternity.

"When the train goes through a tunnel and the world becomes dark, do you jump out? Of course not. You sit still and trust the engineer to get you through." Carrie ten Boom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 10:54:07 AM »

Pro 23:23  Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

The Bible makes it clear; God doesn't reward laziness or misbehaviour. To the contrary, God expects His believers to lead lives that are above reproach. And, He punishes those who disobey His commandments.

When we work diligently and live courageously, we can expect a bountiful harvest. But we must never expect the harvest to precede the labor. First, we must lead lives of discipline and obedience; we will reap the never ending rewards that God has promised.

"True willpower and courage are not only on the battlefield, but also in everyday conquests over our inertia, laziness, and boredom." D. L. Moody

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 09:55:57 AM »

Doubts

Psa 94:19  In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

Even the most faithful Christians are overcome by occasional bouts of fear and doubt. You are no different. When you feel that your faith is being tested to its limits, seek the comfort and assurance of God.

Have you recently felt your faith in God slipping away? If so, you are not alone. Every life - including yours - is a series of successes and failures, celebrations and disappointments, joys and sorrows. But even when we feel very distant from God, God is never distant from us. When we sincerely seek His presence, He will touch our hearts and restore our souls.

"There is a difference between doubt and unbelief. Doubt is a matter of mind: we cannot understand what God is doing or why He is doing it. Unbelief is a matter of will: we refuse to believe God's Word and obey what He tells us to do." Warren Wiersbe

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 10:37:14 AM »

Encouraging Others

Pro 25:11  A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Plants of every sort respond to nourishment, and so it is with human hearts. When we offer encouragement to our family members, to our friends, or to our fellow servicemen and women, we share a form of nourishment that is vital to our souls.

Today, seek to ecourage all who cross your path. Measure your words carefully. Speak wisely, not impulsively. Look for the good that you find in others, and celebrate the good that you find. When you do, you'll be a powerful force of encouragement in the world ... and a worthy servant to God.

"Encouragement is multiplication: for every word of encouragement that you share with someone else, you will likely receive two in return." Paul Shepherd

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the