Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:17:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  ELECTRICITY----HELP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ELECTRICITY----HELP  (Read 7136 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2005, 10:29:07 PM »

Cris?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2005, 10:30:28 PM »

Woo wait a minute are you talking about the oven transformer or the transformer on the pole. Don't go near the one on the pole!

ROFL.................................PR, my sides were hurting so bad, I had to get back up and walk around.  Don't do that to me again. Grin

Got the schematic.................it does not show an oven/stove transformer.  Just a transformer for the ballast for the fluorescent light.  The schematic doesn't show me voltages at all...............it's just a wiring diagram.  Now what?  That just threw that idea of mine into the trash.  You do know that this is a computerized electronic stove/oven, don't you?  That computer panel is the panel I told you was replaced (very, very expensive) two weeks ago. That panel has it's own transformer in it's power supply. That panel regulates all the timings and oven controls, clock, timer, temp settings, etc...........It's working, or at least I think it is.  It's turning the oven on, and bringing it up to temp.

I have no meter to measure the amps.

cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2005, 10:33:13 PM »

Cris?

OK PR...................stop it.  My sides will not take anymore. Grin

cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2005, 10:47:27 PM »

Whew .....  When you said "go out there" I thought you meant outside. I'm glad I was wrong on that.  Grin Grin

Ok   ......   computerized stove .....

PC board new ......  

coil new ......

Temp goes to 375 when set at 375

oven doesn't cook food even when temp is correct.

oven stinks and I'm not talking about the odor coming from it.

I can't imagine anything wrong with it when the temp goes up to what it is set at.   Huh Huh Huh Huh

I think we are back to the exorcism.   Angry Angry Angry Angry

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2005, 10:51:46 PM »

I won't tell you how much that was.[/b]  If an appliance repairman had done it, it would have cost over $800.  It cost me $400.[/b]

Just thought it was funny.  Wink

We try to keep everyone happy.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2005, 10:56:58 PM »

I won't tell you how much that was.[/b]  If an appliance repairman had done it, it would have cost over $800.  It cost me $400.[/b]

Just thought it was funny.  Wink

Hi Mr. 5020,

Welcome back to CU.

Yes, I realized what I did, but let it slide.  Glad you got a kick out of it.  Is is not funny how humans can say one thing and do another?  Well, sometimes it's funny.  Just depends on what it is. Wink Grin

In the midst of all this trouble with the oven, Pastor Roger is keeping me in stitches.  Glad he is, 'cause I'm stressed out over all of it.  What is that saying now, "when it rains, it pours" or something to that effect?

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2005, 11:05:14 PM »

Hey Cris,

I know where you can get a good used butane tank and stove for cheap.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »

I just had another idea Cris. Look on the stove for the manufaturer information. There should be an address or phonr number. If not on the stove maybe in the owners manual.

There sometimes is a 1-800 number you can call and ask them about the problem that you are having. I have done that in the past and was able to get my appliances fixed right away.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2005, 11:37:07 PM »

Whew .....  When you said "go out there" I thought you meant outside. I'm glad I was wrong on that.  Grin Grin

Ok   ......   computerized stove .....

PC board new ......  

coil new ......

Temp goes to 375 when set at 375

oven doesn't cook food even when temp is correct.

oven stinks and I'm not talking about the odor coming from it.

I can't imagine anything wrong with it when the temp goes up to what it is set at.   Huh Huh Huh Huh

I think we are back to the exorcism.   Angry Angry Angry Angry

I'm still ROFL everytime I read something you write!

I can't imagine anything wrong either, but there IS something wrong and it doesn't make any sense.  This is just defying all logic.  I can't tell you how many test batches of cookies I've put in that oven this week.  I'm so sick of cookies, I don't care if I never eat one again.  I never thought I'd ever say that, especially when they were chocolate chip.

This is so frustrating.  Everything that could be replaced has been replaced, thermostat, panel, and elements.  It should be working like it's brand new.

I don't know if you were serious about exorcism (I don't think you were) but I'm beginning to think..................well, it isn't logical, but.................I'm not sure I can discount it.  I did lay this problem at His feet this morning.  Well, I'm Christian, and I believe these things can happen.  So, I guess I've got some casting out to do.  I just went out there (hehe) and opened the oven door.  Temp was 230 (cooling down) and I didn't notice the odor.  I did what I had to do and then turned the oven to 350.  Just went back out and opened the oven door.  The odor is still there, but not strong like it was.  Guess I'm going to have to put something else in to bake and see what happens.  I'm not doing it tonight, though.  I'm too tired.  Again, I checked the oven.  Odor seems to be gone and it's holding at 350.

This has been stranger than strange!

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2005, 11:44:47 PM »

I like chocolate chip batter better than cookies anyway.

You might try annointing it with oil too but make sure the oven and burners are off if you do.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So, I guess I've got some casting out to do.

Is that casting out as in evil spirits or as in casting the stove out of the house??

« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 11:47:35 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2005, 11:57:29 PM »

I just had another idea Cris. Look on the stove for the manufaturer information. There should be an address or phonr number. If not on the stove maybe in the owners manual.

There sometimes is a 1-800 number you can call and ask them about the problem that you are having. I have done that in the past and was able to get my appliances fixed right away.

This was the very first thing I did.  They don't offer that service anymore.  The only thing they said they could do was set me up for a service call.  Well, I called A repair service myself, they came, told me since I had replaced the elements, the panel needed to be replaced to the tune of $565.00 including that day's service call.  I paid him the $65.00 and he left.  You know the rest of the story.  $65.00 for the SC, $200.00 for the panel, $40.00 for the thermostat, and around $150.00 for the elements.  Seems to add up to about $460.00.  I also had to replace a sensor for one of my stove burners to the tune of $60.00.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2005, 12:06:10 AM »

At that price you almost paid for a brand new stove.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2005, 12:08:46 AM »

I like chocolate chip batter better than cookies anyway.

You might try annointing it with oil too but make sure the oven and burners are off if you do.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So, I guess I've got some casting out to do.

Is that casting out as in evil spirits or as in casting the stove out of the house??

I love the batter, too.  I once made the batter just to eat that way.  Put it in the fridge and spooned it out, little by little, till it was all gone.  Yum!

(I still don't know how to quote parts of posts)

Reference oil and hot burners...............at this point, I'm not so sure it wouldn't be a good idea. Grin

Reference casting out........................it's too heavy for one person to lift so it's definitely the other.  I already did it!  I will again tomorrow when I get up.  I never gave a thought to casting it out of the house..................that was funny PR.  LOL...................I'm still busting out with laughter from time to time.....................YOU are a hoot!

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2005, 12:15:20 AM »

At that price you almost paid for a brand new stove.

I was thinking the same thing.  I was at least on my way.  That stove was $1200 eight years ago.  It is also a convection oven.  That's the reason it was so expensive.  Actually, I thought I'd have it for the rest of my life.  One thing I KNOW for sure.........................they don't build 'em like they used to.  We need ALL American made products.  America once had pride in what she produced.  It WAS high quality.  I'm old enough to know that. Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2005, 12:17:33 AM »

YOU are a hoot!

It comes naturally.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 12:18:19 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the