Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:48:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands  (Read 14763 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2005, 11:15:11 PM »

Sorry for the delay. Had to take care of some problems here at home.

You DO NOT know!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

The icon should have disappeared.

I am not sure of what DW was talking about. All you should have to do is download the Windows Media 9 and install it now. Don't worry about the file under Program Files. It is just the primary folder and the new files should automatically show up in it.

Microsoft Windows Media codecs are automatically downloaded by Windows Media Player, including all Windows Media codec updates.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 12:07:04 AM »

Sorry for the delay. Had to take care of some problems here at home.

You DO NOT know!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

The icon should have disappeared.

I am not sure of what DW was talking about. All you should have to do is download the Windows Media 9 and install it now. Don't worry about the file under Program Files. It is just the primary folder and the new files should automatically show up in it.

Microsoft Windows Media codecs are automatically downloaded by Windows Media Player, including all Windows Media codec updates.

'Tis okay..............I understand.  I do joke around a lot but you already knew that! Wink Smiley

I think I'm going to have to wait on the download.  The site you sent me to said it would take, I think they said 62 minutes.  Anyway, if you check back on my list of downloads and installs, (I have them in order) the Codecs had to be installed before the Media 9 Series.  That's all I need to do is mess it up, yet again.  I'll end up throwing this computer out of the window, if I do it again. Grin Lips Sealed

PR, you have been so very helpful to me all day on this problem.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

God bless you with grace and peace and a very good night's rest.  You deserve it!!!!!!!

cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 12:12:07 AM »

God bless you with grace and peace and a very good night's rest.  You deserve it!!!!!!!

Thank you. Yes it is a long download time for dial up. Thank God I have cable.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 03:26:54 AM »

All of this Windows talk has me so confused that I've gone back to my abacus. My abacus works fine, requires no updates, and it doesn't use any electricity.

SO, PROBLEM SOLVED!   Grin

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2005, 11:04:34 PM »

First I'll cover the things I don't know. Closing ports. I have never had the need to do that so I can't answer that question. My son always took care of that for me when he set up my system.

The icons at the bottom of your screen ..... are these inside the toolbar at the bottom or just above that. If they are in the toolbar are they in the quick access area or the active programs area?

If in the active programs area it will mean those programs are active and will take up more internal memory slowing down your computer. You can exit those that are not needed by left clicking on them and clicking on exit. If they are in the quick access area it doesn't hurt to leave them there.

Windows installer ...... a new copy of that can be received on the Microsoft update web site. If you go to their site and attempt to check for updates their system will automatically check the installer to see if it is a valid copy and should update it automatically if it isn't.

Without actually seeing your computer firsthand I can't be sure that your problem is fixed. You could probably check it by temporarily turning automatic updates back on for a short while. I would go to the updates site first though and do a check for updates function.

In case you don't have it the link is here:

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

Thanks for the link PR.  I had every intention of downloading the next day but haven't even done it yet.  One thing after the other prevented me.  Well, ya know how that goes.  Roll Eyes  Hopefully, I'll get it downloaded in the next several days.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2005, 11:10:07 PM »

I've never done a system restore.  Wanna give me some pointers?

I'll be back on tomorrow, I hope!  Good night for now and thanks.

As a ME user i know this one. Click on start, go to system tools, click on system restore.
A menu will come up, and ask you when to restore to. If I do this, I go back to the first week, I kept. Yes, I loose a few programs, but it is worth it. I hope you downloaded, one file, you needed before installing media player 9. If you didn't, you will not be able to restore your system.

DreamWeaver said:
          "I hope you downloaded, one file, you needed before
          installing media player 9."

Huh  What do you mean?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2005, 12:54:16 AM »

Cris, I've been racking my brain, trying to think of the file name. All I am doing is drawing a blank. Since you were able to restore, form an earlier date you have the file.

I think I need to check this thread more often. It has added over a full page since I saw it. Cry

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2005, 11:32:34 PM »

Cris, I've been racking my brain, trying to think of the file name. All I am doing is drawing a blank. Since you were able to restore, form an earlier date you have the file.

I think I need to check this thread more often. It has added over a full page since I saw it. Cry

I still haven't had the chance to download the file yet.  

Did you ever remember the name of that file DW that I'm supposed to download first?  Wonder if I don't download it first?  What would happen?

Hey, you're going in for surgery day after tomorrow.  I'll keep you in my prayers as I have been.  I'm praying for wisdom for your surgeon and that it's really God who does the surgery!!!

Grace and peace,
cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2005, 10:15:57 PM »

Still haven't downloaded Media 9.  Also, BEP told me to download something from Windows.  I think it was a virus protector or something.  I forget exactly what it was and I think it's in another thread.  Anyway, I did try to download it.............took forever, and then said my system wasn't set up for it.............I have Millinium. I gave up on it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2005, 10:23:50 PM »

If it was an antivirus program then it was probably Avast. Avast is compatible with Windows ME. After installing it click on properties for that program then click on the compatibility tab. Then check mark the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" Then change it to Windows ME. Then it should work just fine.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2005, 10:40:37 PM »

If it was an antivirus program then it was probably Avast. Avast is compatible with Windows ME. After installing it click on properties for that program then click on the compatibility tab. Then check mark the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" Then change it to Windows ME. Then it should work just fine.

No, it wasn't AVAST.  I remember asking you about it being compatible with Mil. and you gave me the above directions, "Run this program in compatibility mode for" but it didn't say that anywhere.  It wouldn't even INSTALL after the download.  That's why I gave up.  I'm not going to bother with it for the time being..................too many other things going on.  I still don't have the wiring harness for the oven either. It has to be made up and they can't tell me when it'll be in.  Isn't this just great?  Just what I needed to hear.  Oh well, such is life!  

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2005, 10:55:57 PM »

No, it wasn't AVAST.  I remember asking you about it being compatible with Mil. and you gave me the above directions, "Run this program in compatibility mode for" but it didn't say that anywhere.  It wouldn't even INSTALL after the download.  That's why I gave up.  I'm not going to bother with it for the time being..................too many other things going on.  I still don't have the wiring harness for the oven either. It has to be made up and they can't tell me when it'll be in.  Isn't this just great?  Just what I needed to hear.  Oh well, such is life!  

I don't know ..... Avast is the anti-virus program that Beps and I both use.  Huh Huh Huh

Still no oven?? Shoot it instead of the turkey??

Grin Grin

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2005, 11:28:55 PM »

I don't know ..... Avast is the anti-virus program that Beps and I both use.  Huh Huh Huh

Still no oven?? Shoot it instead of the turkey??

Grin Grin

No, it was something I was downloading directly from Windows.  I'm too lazy right now to go look in the threads.  Either you or BEP posted the Windows site for me and I just went directly there.

Shoot it instead of the turkey?  It IS a turkey. Grin There's too much money tied up in it now.  You know the old saying, "if I knew then, what I know now."  It's been a thorn, besides being a real puzzle.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2005, 12:28:02 AM »

I remember now. It was for the Microsoft Antispyware program. It should have been there also.  Huh Huh

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the