Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Look out, everyone for airIam2worship......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 228 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Look out, everyone for airIam2worship......  (Read 501696 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 30, 2005, 02:53:36 PM »

Hey y'all my brothers and sisters! Cheesy
I'm BACK!!!!!!! I know you all missed me  Grin. My shoulder still hurts but it's getting better. I missed all of you. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, my daughter got here and now she is safely back at home in Colorado. Thank you for all the prayers. Cheesy
BEP are you feeling better?
DW how is your back feeling?
PR how is your brother? Have you heard anything about Bronzesnake?

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 30, 2005, 04:57:56 PM »

Hi air,

Glad to hear you had a good time with your daughter and that everyone is safe.

Haven't heard anything from Bronzesnake or his family. My brother is doing fine. Thank you for asking.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 30, 2005, 06:10:31 PM »

Hello Sister Maria,

I'm glad you had a good time. We're glad to have you back.

YES, we did miss you. I got back before you did and had an absolutely wonderful time with my daughter's family and my grandsons. I'm really doing pretty good, and I really think that the grandsons were good medicine. I just wish they lived closer and I could see them more often. We did have a wonderful time in the LORD.

I wish that I had some news to share about Bronzesnake (Brother John), but I haven't heard anything. I think and hope that we have a deal that whoever hears anything at all will share it. Many of us also have a deal that we all pray for each other every day, so you are in my prayers.

Dreamweaver is home, but he is still healing up. Everything went very well from what I understand. He has been back on the forum, so I hope he will answer this question himself. As of a couple of days ago, he said that he is still pretty sore and hurting.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 5:4-5 NASB  For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 30, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »

I am glad that you all are back. It got to quiet and somewhat boring with everyone gone. I am glad though that everyone had a great time with their families.

My kids and grandkids are all right here in the same town with me so I get to see them frequently. I did spend several hours with them on Thanksgiving but I had to go home for a rest after that as it pretty well wore me out.

In fact I had all the grandkids over here just today. It is great to have them around.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 01, 2005, 11:23:56 AM »

I am glad that you all are back. It got to quiet and somewhat boring with everyone gone. I am glad though that everyone had a great time with their families.

My kids and grandkids are all right here in the same town with me so I get to see them frequently. I did spend several hours with them on Thanksgiving but I had to go home for a rest after that as it pretty well wore me out.

In fact I had all the grandkids over here just today. It is great to have them around.

I pray that someday I will be able to have all 14 oof my grandchildren and all 4 of my children together under one roof at the same time that would be wonderful. the closest we've come to that are weddings and funerals, and even then a lot of the grandchildren weren't there.
Pastor Roger, enjoy having all the grandkids at once, they keep you young  Grin. And then when you are worn out they can go home. Cheesy
Thanks for filling me in on what's been up, I almost feel like a stranger again (NOT).
Well one holiday passed now Christmas is almost here, hard to believe only 24 more days.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 01, 2005, 07:29:08 PM »

airIam2worship Said:

I pray that someday I will be able to have all 14 oof my grandchildren and all 4 of my children together under one roof at the same time that would be wonderful. the closest we've come to that are weddings and funerals, and even then a lot of the grandchildren weren't there.
Pastor Roger, enjoy having all the grandkids at once, they keep you young  . And then when you are worn out they can go home.
Thanks for filling me in on what's been up, I almost feel like a stranger again (NOT).
Well one holiday passed now Christmas is almost here, hard to believe only 24 more days.

WOW! - With adults, that would be well over 20 people. You would either have to rent a wing of  hotel or have folks sleeping on that roof.  Cheesy

I was just thinking back to some large family gatherings my family had years ago. We rented a group campsite with a large meeting room and ample restroom facilities. I'm laughing and thinking about 25 or more people trying to use one bathroom. I think that you would have to just give up, go to a car wash, and run everyone through one of those robo-wash units. You could turn on the de-greaser, under-carriage wash, and sealer wax, and have everyone taken care of pretty quick.  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 01, 2005, 10:00:41 PM »

WOW! - With adults, that would be well over 20 people. You would either have to rent a wing of  hotel or have folks sleeping on that roof.

lol ....  that sounds like a small taste of home to me. I can remember my grandfathers 80th birthday party we had a family reunion. There were so many people there that even the city community center was to small. Fortunately my grandfathers yard was really big. There was around 200 people, all family, that showed up.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 01, 2005, 10:27:20 PM »

WOW! - With adults, that would be well over 20 people. You would either have to rent a wing of  hotel or have folks sleeping on that roof.

lol ....  that sounds like a small taste of home to me. I can remember my grandfathers 80th birthday party we had a family reunion. There were so many people there that even the city community center was to small. Fortunately my grandfathers yard was really big. There was around 200 people, all family, that showed up.

WOW...............having a yard bigger than the city community center is a "big yard," not to mention a really "big family," too.  Did everyone know each other?  It must have been fun.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 01, 2005, 10:37:41 PM »

There were a few cousins that I had never seen before but for the most part everyone knew each other. My grandfather had 8 children. Each of them had 8 - 10 children. Then there were many great grandchildren also. Then my grandfathers two sisters and 3 brothers were there (the last survivors of a family also of 10 children) and all of their children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren.  He lived in a small town and the city community center was about the size of a four car garage.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 01, 2005, 11:15:35 PM »

There were a few cousins that I had never seen before but for the most part everyone knew each other. My grandfather had 8 children. Each of them had 8 - 10 children. Then there were many great grandchildren also. Then my grandfathers two sisters and 3 brothers were there (the last survivors of a family also of 10 children) and all of their children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren.  He lived in a small town and the city community center was about the size of a four car garage.

A FOUR CAR GARAGE...................now that is funny PR. LOL  I should have known you would say something like that, knowing you. Grin  

I don't come from a large family at all.  The few that are around are scattered, and we don't see each other.  About a year ago I got in touch with a 2nd cousin that I've never even met.  We communicate via email, occasionally.  I found out she and her husband were missionaries in Taiwan for several years.  She's quite elderly, not in the best of health, and lives in another state.  They have 5 children, all grown of course, and scattered all over the U.S.  Gone are the days of living and dying in the same town.  In some ways, it was good, but times change.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 02, 2005, 08:33:15 AM »

airIam2worship Said:

Pastor Roger, enjoy having all the grandkids at once, they keep you young  . And then when you are worn out they can go home.

WOW! - With adults, that would be well over 20 people. You would either have to rent a wing of  hotel or have folks sleeping on that roof.  Cheesy

I was just thinking back to some large family gatherings my family had years ago. We rented a group campsite with a large meeting room and ample restroom facilities. I'm laughing and thinking about 25 or more people trying to use one bathroom. I think that you would have to just give up, go to a car wash, and run everyone through one of those robo-wash units. You could turn on the de-greaser, under-carriage wash, and sealer wax, and have everyone taken care of pretty quick.  Grin

You just reminded me of when my dad died, bittersweet memories, well my dad and mom moved to Puerto Rico after dad retired, he had 5 sister and 6 brothers of the 6 brothers only 1 lived in Puerto Rico. Well mom and dad had 7 children 2 sons-in-law, 3 daughters-in-law, and 13 grandchildren, since we didn't have a lot of family residing in Puerto Rico all the immediate family stayed at my mom's, along with some aunts, uncles, and cousins, the neighbors were so amazed, they would sit on their porches and watch us in absolute amazement, funny thing is they tought we didn't speak Spanish or understand it and they were talking back and forth about us.To make a long story short, we were so crammed in this house, granted it was a 5 bedroom house, but it only had 1 bathroom, we would set our alarms in the morning trying to beat everyone else to the bathroom, until finally we ended up having to go in to brush our teeth in groups of family, well I got up one morning at 2:45 thinking I was going to hold the first place for me and my family and when I got there, my sister was already on the floor with her blanket around her, and right behind her was my younger brother sleeping on the floor anyway I managed to get 3rd place, this went on for about a week. Now, Chow line was even worse. It's amazing though we all got through it with so much love and patience, and the greatest thing was when we let the neighbors know we were 100% bilingual, and understood everything they said, they were surprised and embarrased, but it was all good.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 02, 2005, 09:04:31 AM »

A FOUR CAR GARAGE...................now that is funny PR. LOL  I should have known you would say something like that, knowing you. Grin  

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 02, 2005, 09:14:16 AM »

airIam2worship Said:

You just reminded me of when my dad died, bittersweet memories, well my dad and mom moved to Puerto Rico after dad retired, he had 5 sister and 6 brothers of the 6 brothers only 1 lived in Puerto Rico. Well mom and dad had 7 children 2 sons-in-law, 3 daughters-in-law, and 13 grandchildren, since we didn't have a lot of family residing in Puerto Rico all the immediate family stayed at my mom's, along with some aunts, uncles, and cousins, the neighbors were so amazed, they would sit on their porches and watch us in absolute amazement, funny thing is they tought we didn't speak Spanish or understand it and they were talking back and forth about us.To make a long story short, we were so crammed in this house, granted it was a 5 bedroom house, but it only had 1 bathroom, we would set our alarms in the morning trying to beat everyone else to the bathroom, until finally we ended up having to go in to brush our teeth in groups of family, well I got up one morning at 2:45 thinking I was going to hold the first place for me and my family and when I got there, my sister was already on the floor with her blanket around her, and right behind her was my younger brother sleeping on the floor anyway I managed to get 3rd place, this went on for about a week. Now, Chow line was even worse. It's amazing though we all got through it with so much love and patience, and the greatest thing was when we let the neighbors know we were 100% bilingual, and understood everything they said, they were surprised and embarrased, but it was all good.

LOL .... that reminds me of when I went overseas to places like the Philippines. I loved going to the open markets and bidding on clothes and such. I would talk to the sellers in English trying to get them to come down in price because I knew they had one price for locals and a very high price for tourists. They would speak to others in their own language and give a much lower price so I would listen for it. I then would try to get a price a little closer to that. I would usually settle for a higher price than a local but much lower than the price they started out at. Just before leaving that stall I would then talk to them in their language. It was funny to see the look on their faces.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 02, 2005, 09:18:28 AM »

that 4 car garage could probably be converted into a 4 star hotel  Grin Grin

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 02, 2005, 09:30:45 AM »

yup sometimes it's better to keep your mouth zipped
I am now learning French so that will mean that I will be 100% fluent in Spanish, English, and French, and since Italian is so similar to Spanish I can read, and understand it and even speak a few words, phrases and sentences here and there, that means 4 languages for me.
One time I want to a community feast near the town I was living in in Massachusetts, everyone there was mainly Italian, and mos of the people were older, or senoir citizens. Well I went under the tent where they were selling 'Zepolli's' and they had a live band, of course not too much was going on, most people were just sitting there, so I went and asked the bandleader to play 'eh compare', he was so thrilled they started playing and I started singing, (I was raised in an Italian neighborhood) well before long I was standing with the band singing every Italian song I could remember, and the ones I didn't know I faked  Grin. Pretty soon it turned into a big ole party everyone was singing and a lot of people were dancing, they were having such a great time that when I tried to leave they wouldn't let me go, I ended up staying until 11pm I was trying to get my kids home no later than 9pm. Oh Everyone was shocked when I finally revealed to them that I didn't have not even 1 drop of Italian in my ancestry. So they all adopted me and made me officially Italian anyway.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 228 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the