Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Cyberspace Sleuth Cautions Fellow Americans Against Laxness on Terrorism
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cyberspace Sleuth Cautions Fellow Americans Against Laxness on Terrorism  (Read 787 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2005, 01:37:49 AM »

Cyberspace Sleuth Cautions Fellow Americans Against Laxness on Terrorism

by Allie Martin
September 29, 2005

(AgapePress) - The director of a faith-based homeless shelter in New Mexico is also helping in the fight against terrorism -- by browsing the Internet.

Shortly after the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, Jeremy Reynalds -- director of the Joy Junction homeless shelter in Albuquerque -- wanted to find a way to help fight the war on terror. So he began monitoring the Internet, searching for websites or postings from terror supporters. Recently his work alerted authorities to an American Muslim in Connecticut who, according to Reynalds, was searching for financial contributions to a fund for terrorist acts against Americans.

Reynalds says Americans must be vigilant and not fall into the trap of believing it could never happen to them. "I'm sure in one instance this gentleman, living in Hartford, Connecticut, with his family, was a nice guy," Reynalds offers. "I'm sure there were neighbors [in the man's apartment complex] who went across to have tea or coffee with him. But again, it just shows you there are infiltrators, terrorists, wannabe-terrorists, living among us."

According to the Albuquerque resident, there are many websites and Internet bulletin boards promoting terrorism against Americans. He says recent terror attacks in England show how easy it is for terrorists to infiltrate society.

"And if we ignore issues like this," he says, "we ignore them at our risk. That's the whole issue with the folks in England -- they ignored these Islamic militant types, saying 'Well, they just like talking.' Maybe they could have said that on July 6, but now England is playing a very, very different tune altogether."

Reynalds says he plans to publish a book about his Internet-based search for terrorists early next year.
Allie Martin, a regular contributor to AgapePress, is a reporter for American Family Radio News, which can be heard online.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion03397.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2003 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

allin1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 01:36:54 AM »

Cyberspace Sleuth Cautions Fellow Americans Against Laxness on Terrorism

by Allie Martin
September 29, 2005

"And if we ignore issues like this," he says, "we ignore them at our risk.
 When I read this particular statement it reminded me of how much responsibility we have as christians in not only spreading the gospel and witnessing, but also in the area of addresing issues in our own country in the right way.      
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 04:08:55 AM »

Hello Allin 1,

This world is a sad and evil place. Most Christians are almost overwhelmed with the things that should make all of us cry and pray. YES, we have many things to pray about in our own countries, but GOD has richly blessed us in comparison to many places in the world. We still have hungry people in America, and most Christians don't understand why with all that we are trying to do. I know that I don't understand, but I have a pretty good idea about why.

BUT, the things happening in other places in the world are enough to make any person cry, especially Christians. I'm thinking about genocide, killing almost for fun, torture, abuse, starvation, disease and the dying of untold millions of innocent people. It appears that whatever Christians do individually and collectively is never enough. All we can to is pray, keep trying, and pray some more. Regarding prayer - we must pray for our leaders that GOD will lead and guide them. AND, I would never forget our first responders in prayer (i.e. armed forces, charities, missionaries, and everyone trying to address the immediate life and death issues around the world).

Our many blessings that God provides us every day should always give us pause to stop and give thanks. That would obviously include every freedom, especially our freedom to worship, our safety, every bite of food, medical attention, clothing, shelter, and every other blessing that comes from GOD. These things are taken for granted by many Christians. In comparison, other places in the world are absolutely horrible. As painful and depressing as it will be, Christians need to stay informed about the horrible things going on around the world. We might not be able to change or stop many of the bad things that are happening in the world, but we should at least pray, try, and pray some more.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 111:4 NASB  He has made His wonders to be remembered; The LORD is gracious and compassionate.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the