Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:19:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  5 Posts Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5 Posts Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 28517 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 01:04:55 AM »

I've been on here almost as long as you Allinall and I only have 300 some posts.  I think I need to yack more.

That's most true.  High posting tallies are only obtained through either spiritually beneficial discourse, or the method I've used most, superfluous yackage.  

Did I just dis myself?   Grin Cheesy
Yup, yas sure did brother. You might as well tell everyone to, that alot of chatting went on in a few threads. Cheesy

True! And that is fellowship.  Seriously speaking, there's alot of folks that need that bit of sillyness and good-hearted Christian fellowship.  I've been there.  What I'm truly thankful for is the sillyness can, and often does give way to godliness, biblical truth, and prayerful bearing of each others burdens.   Smiley

Hope all y'all had a great Lord's Day!

Amen Brother!

I belong to JESUS, and that alone keeps me happy most of the time, but it sure it nice, uplifting, and strengthening to be around other Christians who are also happy to belong to JESUS.

I am thinking back about statements made by my father and grandfather. Both spent their lives in the ministry and both are home with the LORD. They basically said that Christians should have fun, laugh, and be the happiest people on earth. The world thinks that Christians are dull, boring, and depressed because of all the things we won't do. They just don't know that Christians have just as much fun or more - just in clean and different ways.

So, let's have a pie fight!

Grin  Grin  Grin
Here you go brother! Cheesy

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2005, 12:07:33 PM »

I've been on here almost as long as you Allinall and I only have 300 some posts.  I think I need to yack more.

That's most true.  High posting tallies are only obtained through either spiritually beneficial discourse, or the method I've used most, superfluous yackage.  

Did I just dis myself?   Grin Cheesy
Yup, yas sure did brother. You might as well tell everyone to, that alot of chatting went on in a few threads. Cheesy

True! And that is fellowship.  Seriously speaking, there's alot of folks that need that bit of sillyness and good-hearted Christian fellowship.  I've been there.  What I'm truly thankful for is the sillyness can, and often does give way to godliness, biblical truth, and prayerful bearing of each others burdens.   Smiley

Hope all y'all had a great Lord's Day!

Amen Brother!

I belong to JESUS, and that alone keeps me happy most of the time, but it sure it nice, uplifting, and strengthening to be around other Christians who are also happy to belong to JESUS.

I am thinking back about statements made by my father and grandfather. Both spent their lives in the ministry and both are home with the LORD. They basically said that Christians should have fun, laugh, and be the happiest people on earth. The world thinks that Christians are dull, boring, and depressed because of all the things we won't do. They just don't know that Christians have just as much fun or more - just in clean and different ways.

So, let's have a pie fight!

Grin  Grin  Grin

Amen!  I think many of us tend to live our lives like we should be suffering, rather than living our lives by God's grace through our sufferings.  And so, we tend to act all somber.  It's amazing how people who are truly being tried aren't as glum in the pews as those who aren't.  Makes me think of what Paul said:

"Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?  But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised.  And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.  We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised.  For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised.  And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.  Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied."

Kinda helps us understand how a couple a fellas could sing in chains after being beaten!  Hope is a blessed thing... Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2005, 01:08:55 PM »

Kinda helps us understand how a couple a fellas could sing in chains after being beaten!  Hope is a blessed thing...

Amen Allinall, Your statement reminded me of a beautiful song that I love to sing (when I can get some time out of my wifes hearing range  Grin).

1. Wonderful Grace of Jesus, greater than all my sin;
How shall my tongue describe it,
Where shall its praise begin?
Taking away my burden, setting my spirit free;
O the Wonderful Grace of Jesus reaches me!

2. Wonderful Grace of Jesus, reaching to all the lost;
By it I have been pardoned, saved to the uttermost.
Chains have been torn asunder, giving me liberty;
O the Wonderful Grace of Jesus, reaches me!

3. Wonderful Grace of Jesus, reaching the most defiled;
By its transforming power,
Making me God's dear child,
Purchasing peace and Heaven, for all eternity;
And the Wonderful Grace of Jesus, reaches me!

Refrain
(men)     Wonderful the matchless Grace of Jesus,
    (women)  the matchless Grace of Jesus,
(men)     Deeper than the mighty rolling sea;
    (women)   the rolling sea;
(women)   Wonderful Grace, all sufficient for me, for even me
(men)        Higher than the mountain, sparkling like a fountain,
                All sufficient Grace for even me.
(all)     Broader than the scope of my transgressions,
    (men)     sing it!
(all)     Greater far than all my sin and shame
    (men)     my sin and shame,
(all)     O magnify the precious name of Jesus,
PRAISE HIS NAME!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2005, 03:36:11 PM »

I love that hymn!  It hurts, sometimes to hit that last note, but it's a great hymn!  Out of your wife's hearing range?  Doesn't she know that God said to make a joyful noise?  Never said anything about it being pleasant... Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 05:00:42 PM »

Grin Grin I finally made jr member. I was so thrilled when I saw my status...

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 05:41:59 PM »

I'm allowed to sing in the shower if my wife is gone.  Grin

And, congratulations to our newest Junior Member, airIam2worship. We enjoy having you with us.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 06:02:15 PM »

And, congratulations to our newest Junior Member, airIam2worship. We enjoy having you with us.

Amen, I even made a special thread for her. I do want to see if she can out talk me, though. Wink  I have alot to make up for, through all my years of silence.  Grin

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2005, 08:46:01 AM »

Thanks tom. Ok here goes I'm looking for that new thread. I believe I can out talk anyone, at least that's what my husband tells me. You know how it is if you hear something long enough you begin to believe it. (I wish he would tell me I look like I'm 28).

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2005, 08:49:16 AM »

OK DW. The challenge is on. Let's talk LOL Cheesy.  I didn't tell you I went to the doctor last week, the neurologist, and he thinks I'm doing great. I told hiom I cut out some of the medications he had me on, and he wanted to put me on something new I told him not yet, give me a few days if I felt i needed something I would call him, it's been 6 days. I still haven't called him

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2005, 10:11:30 AM »

I just want to point out, that once again one of my post boosting threads for my personal post boosting is being hijacked by people trying to boost their own posting status.  *Weeps openly*

Oh well.   Cheesy Grin  Congrats air!  I'm looking forward to seeing who can out talk DW!  Grin

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2005, 10:21:03 AM »

Grin Grin  Allinall, I think any woman can outtalk any man any day, any time. LET'S hear it for the ladies!!!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy. OH Congratulations to you. You know this is how I found out how you move from one stage to the next. I read your post.. So now you might think I'm copy catting...  Roll Eyes. Could be. But nah. I am home all day, no car, and neatly tucked away in a big, big house so I now found something to do when I start seeing double, when I am busy translating.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2005, 10:25:15 AM »

Amen, I even made a special thread for her. I do want to see if she can out talk me, though. Wink  I have alot to make up for, through all my years of silence.  Grin
SILENCE?Huh? DW?? Pretty soon you will break the record.
Now don't forget you got a big head start.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2005, 10:36:39 AM »

I just want to point out, that once again one of my post boosting threads for my personal post boosting is being hijacked by people trying to boost their own posting status.  *Weeps openly*

Oh well.   Cheesy Grin  Congrats air!  I'm looking forward to seeing who can out talk DW!  Grin

Those are the best threads for boosting ones own post count.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2005, 11:49:27 AM »

Grin Grin  Allinall, I think any woman can outtalk any man any day, any time. LET'S hear it for the ladies!!!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy. OH Congratulations to you. You know this is how I found out how you move from one stage to the next. I read your post.. So now you might think I'm copy catting...  Roll Eyes. Could be. But nah. I am home all day, no car, and neatly tucked away in a big, big house so I now found something to do when I start seeing double, when I am busy translating.

True!  But then, I know DW!  He's pretty good, so you've got your work cut out for you.   Grin  And thanks!  Smiley

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2005, 11:51:17 AM »

Those are the best threads for boosting ones own post count.

Are you implying that such acts of terror are acceptable?  Cause if so...I'm gonna start hijackin'!!!!!   Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the