Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:48:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  From Law To Grace
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From Law To Grace  (Read 12417 times)
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2003, 10:26:43 AM »

Brother Love
Thats not an ark we are building

Hag.1
[8] Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.

JER.50 [4] In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the children of Israel shall come, they and the
children of Judah together, going and weeping: they shall go, and seek the LORD their God.[5] They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten.[6] My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

See. i was in the hills with you guys. I to forgot my resting place. The perpetual covenant which was forgotten. Thats why the commandment begins with remember.

MICAH 4[1] But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.[2] And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

But in the last days its time to head back to the mountains and build that house.
Those with eyes to see.Now where did i put that hammer?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 10:50:10 AM by Wreck N Sow » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2003, 08:19:46 PM »

You see it's this kind of understanding of God's grace that sets us apart from the "Law Keepers".  If only they could understand this, they too would TRULY understand.  I always love being told I'm a lawless unsaved person.  Its annoying more because I wish they could see but alas they are blind.  

It's a hard thing at first to realize nothing you say or do will change anyone.  We can only give the VERY word of God (which I see being defiled more and more with liberal translations) and nothing more.  God does it all, so when someone refuses, denies, and ignores the truth, I just move on because there is nothing left that I can do.

Oklahoma Howdy to Saved_4ever,

I sincerely believe that words and joy about the Glorious Gospel of God's Grace are never wasted. Shout it from the rooftops for all to hear. Whether we know it or not, some will always find comfort and some will find Jesus.

I am away with family and using a computer that actually works.  Wink However, I'm receiving assistance from two grandsons. I will pray that they have the same joy and peace I do. They are precious gifts, and I will do whatever I can with much prayer that they also receive THE GIFT.

Don't give up Saved_4ever. As you strive to share THE GIFT, you also give encouragement to your brothers and sisters trying to do the same. Joy and peace are the wages.

In Christ.

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2003, 05:42:04 PM »

Does the gospel of grace mean you can ignore the scriptures of the gospel gracefully?

ROMANS 6 [1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?[2] God forbid. How
shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

ROMANS 6 [15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

1JOHN3 [4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

ROMANS 3 [31] Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2003, 06:47:54 PM »

Yer really funny.  I love how you go around telling people that they are purposely sinning or even telling anyone to do so.  It just shows your ignorance to the truth.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2003, 02:27:13 AM »

Hello Wreck,

You are obviously pretty confused, and I'm sure that someone worked on you quite a while to get you that way. The Gospel of the Grace of God is not a license to sin, rather it is a GIFT that allows constant fellowship with our Lord and Saviour. HIS children try to live in the LIGHT, not because of the law, but in thanks for HIS LOVE and GIFT.

Here's a secret for you that you will have to study to discover. The walk of those in GRACE is much closer to the LIGHT than those who walk in the law. In fact, there is no comparison, those who walk in the law walk in darkness.

Let me boil it down for you in simple terms. There are two worlds, one before the death of Jesus and one after the death of Jesus. The one before was a world of Law, and the one after was a world of Grace. LAW is fear and death. GRACE is love and life. God gave us three choices: Law, Grace, or none of the above.

Many have tried to explain this to you in other forms, and it was like talking to a brick wall. If you choose law, it's all of it, and you break all if you break one. In other words, you lose and might as well choose none of the above. That only leaves one choice, and you can take it or leave it. If you choose Grace, all of the glory goes to Jesus and NONE to YOU. If you work your fingers to the bone for HIM, all of the glory goes to JESUS and NONE to YOU.

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2003, 08:17:20 AM »

Hi BlackEyedPeas
You wrote
Here's a secret for you that you will have to study to discover. The walk of those in GRACE is much closer to the LIGHT than those who walk in the law.

WALK THE WALK OF GRACE

2 JOHN 1 [3] Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.[4] I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.[5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.[6] And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Grace be to you. How are we to recieve this gift of grace and what commandments are “we to walk in” ?
The 10 commandments?

EPH.2 [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Those who wish to do away with GODS 10 commandments will always leave off verse 10. But what are the WORKS OF GOD that “we should walk in” ?

PSALM 78  [1] Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.[2] I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:[3] Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.[4] We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.[5] For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:[6] That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children:
[7] That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments:

There they are. The WORKS OF GOD that we are to walk in. The 10 commandments. By the way, i have a question to those who say Jesus nailed the 10 commandments to the cross. Who opened HIS mouth in a parable(verse 2). Who  established a testimony in Jacob (verse 5). Thats right, JESUS CHRIST himself. Is Jesus the same today,yesterday and forever?

MATT.13  [34] All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:[35] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

YUP. Psalm 78 is speaking about Jesus.

PROVERBS 4 [4] He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.[5] Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.[6] Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.[7] Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.[8] Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.[9] She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

Aint the WORD of God great! Even when you look at the verses around the verses that the “one liners” send, you can plainly see we are still to be keeping GODS 10 commandments.  Give to thine head an ornament of grace, a free gift, one we do not deserve.

The WORD of God or the words of man. God has given you the right to choose.  
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2003, 08:38:08 AM »

Saved4 ever
you wrote
It just shows your ignorance

I forgive you. A gift from me to you. Whether you deserve it or not.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2003, 08:42:44 AM »

Hello Wreck,

You are obviously pretty confused, and I'm sure that someone worked on you quite a while to get you that way. The Gospel of the Grace of God is not a license to sin, rather it is a GIFT that allows constant fellowship with our Lord and Saviour. HIS children try to live in the LIGHT, not because of the law, but in thanks for HIS LOVE and GIFT.

Here's a secret for you that you will have to study to discover. The walk of those in GRACE is much closer to the LIGHT than those who walk in the law. In fact, there is no comparison, those who walk in the law walk in darkness.

Let me boil it down for you in simple terms. There are two worlds, one before the death of Jesus and one after the death of Jesus. The one before was a world of Law, and the one after was a world of Grace. LAW is fear and death. GRACE is love and life. God gave us three choices: Law, Grace, or none of the above.

Many have tried to explain this to you in other forms, and it was like talking to a brick wall. If you choose law, it's all of it, and you break all if you break one. In other words, you lose and might as well choose none of the above. That only leaves one choice, and you can take it or leave it. If you choose Grace, all of the glory goes to Jesus and NONE to YOU. If you work your fingers to the bone for HIM, all of the glory goes to JESUS and NONE to YOU.

Yet another AAAAAAAAAAMEN!!! Thanks Bro Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2003, 03:59:53 PM »

According to Jewish law, circumcision is an absolute requirement as a religious rite.  Even under the Abrah-amic covenant, circumcision was per- formed as a seal of confirmation.  "And God said unto Abraham...This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee;  Every man child among you shall be circumcised...And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised,that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant" (Genesis 17:9, 10, 14).

When circumcision was neglected during the wilderness wanderings of Israel, "At that time the Lord said unto Joshua, make thee sharp knives and circumcise again the children of Israel the second time.  And Joshua made him sharp knives and circum-cised the children of Israel at the hill of the foreskins" (Joshua 5:2, 3).

The life of Jesus was impeccably governed by all Jewish law and commandments because, as He affirmed in the 17th and 18th verses of the fifth chapter of the book of atthew, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." When Jesus was born, He was immediately subject to the law.  "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child,His name was called Jesus" (Luke 2:21).

But then we find the apostle Paul and his coworker Barnabas being called to testify before the council at Jerusalem in opposition to the legalistic teaching: "Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved" (Acts 15:1).  Their testimony was effective, even the apostles and elders being convinced that Gentile believers were not to be burdened with circumcision or keeping the law.  In this dispensation of grace "Ye are complete in Him, in Whom ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands."

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2003, 03:53:25 AM »

Saved4 ever
you wrote

Oh WOW thanks!  I'll have to save that for a rainy day.   Smiley

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2003, 03:55:55 AM »

Saved4 ever
you wrote

Oh WOW thanks!  I'll have to save that for a rainy day.   Smiley

Nice Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2003, 10:23:36 AM »

Yea A4C
We need not be circumscized. Thats what below scripture says

1 COR.7 [18] Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.[19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2003, 02:26:41 PM »

Yea A4C
We need not be circumscized. Thats what below scripture says

1 COR.7 [18] Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.[19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God

I am under Gods Grace NOT Gods Law

Thank You Jesus

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2003, 02:52:37 PM »

Uhh..A4C
I didnt write this.

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2003, 08:42:00 PM »

Thats right i forgot
you dont believe the scriptures.You deny the WORD. Well, ya say ya believe a couple of lines here and there,takin them out of context

Ya just dont believe verse 19. And everywhere else in the WORD, where the WORD says that. And the WORD became flesh! Do you also deny that? Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the