Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:17:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Converting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Converting  (Read 1680 times)
bigdogg12

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2005, 01:41:49 AM »

Hello all.  I'm currently a Protestant, but seriously considering a conversion to Catholicism, but there are some things I'm not so sure about.  Such as real presence, Mary's sinlessness, confession, and that's about it.  I'm not really sure what to do...
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 01:45:02 AM »

First I want to ask why you are considering such a move?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
bigdogg12

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 01:55:57 AM »

I don't know, I've just been doing some research into church history, and from what I've gathered, it's seems the RCC is worshipping the same way since the begining of Christianity.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 02:17:04 AM »

I don't know, I've just been doing some research into church history, and from what I've gathered, it's seems the RCC is worshipping the same way since the begining of Christianity.

That's not true. The RCC has changed quite a bit over the years. Where have you been reading this?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 02:27:44 AM »

The RCC is like most churches in the fact that their form of worship has changed down through the years. There is different masses for different things than what they used to have.

Now I don't want this thread to turn into a church bashing session of the RCC or any other denomination. Nor do I want to get into a debate over it.

When picking out a church to attend a person should compare their doctrine to the doctrine of the Bible. The most important thing to consider is Salvation through Jesus Christ.

Some other verses to consider in the areas that you mentioned.

1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Except for Jesus Christ very God there are no other exceptions to this.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 06:15:23 AM »

There are lots of reasons that I'm not a RC. One of the most important to me is that everytime the communion is done, the priest\father prays that Christ must come down from heaven and die for the sins of the congregation.
This means that RC do not believe that what was done on the cross by Jesus Christ was finished, or enough.

Joh 19:30  When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Act 13:29  And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

I think that is sad.  Cry

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 06:27:07 AM »

I'm sorry, I wanted to add this link.

http://www.saintsalive.com/general/romancath.htm

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 06:41:57 AM »

Me again.... Cheesy

Why do RC churches have images of Jesus Christ on the cross?

Exo 20:4  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Deu 4:23  Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.
Deu 4:24  For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

I could never understand this. The Jesus Christ I know is alive and well and living with His Father in heaven. He is not nailed to a cross.
He has died,
He has risen,
He is alive.
Amen
Grin

Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 12:06:51 PM »

I think I'd better lock this thread before it gets out of controll.

These anti/pro Catholc discussions always get ugly. It can't lead to anything good. Keep your opinions to yourselves please.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the