Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:05:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "The Passion" (Mel Gibson)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Passion" (Mel Gibson)  (Read 46169 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2004, 06:21:30 PM »

I've heard it suggested that the 'baby' being held by Satan is actually Satan protecting his own. It gives an understanding of how 'passionate' Satan is in holding on to death and sin, akin to a mother and child. It helps us understand the ferocity with which Satan was holding control of his domain.

My thought on the baby, that really didn't seem to be a baby is similar to the above.  There's NO GROWTH when you're in Satan's domain, hence, baby sized but with aged features - not a pretty sight!  In fact, it's repugnant looking, IMO.    

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2004, 03:35:20 PM »

Thanx, tqoix.   Just heard on radio, now passed $135 million in box office, since last Wednesday.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2004, 10:13:27 AM »

According to DrudgeReport.com, this morn, now past $212 million--a record for "R" rated.   It's been running for twelve days.
dale001

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2004, 09:51:51 PM »

There's a 30-minute interview with Mel Gibson that you may wish to listen to, if you haven't already, at family.org.
Just click on Focus on Radio, Recent Broadcasts and find it there.

Dale
desertmouse

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2004, 03:00:22 PM »

Hey I'm new here!!! So haven't managed to read through all your veiws on this movie... I would like to caution you on it though and REALLY encourage you go and read this article...

http://2tim4.topcities.com

Just to make you think about it...

God bless
Mouse
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2004, 09:04:59 PM »

Hey I'm new here!!! So haven't managed to read through all your veiws on this movie... I would like to caution you on it though and REALLY encourage you go and read this article...

http://2tim4.topcities.com

Just to make you think about it...

God bless
Mouse

Mouse, I'm a newbie here too.
This is the first thread I've read on this site.
I'm a member of several sites.
This is the only thread that I've read where there were no critisms of the movie. (Of course I could have missed them as I only skimmed the thread.)
I personally was bothered by all the Catholicism in the movie.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
jenn

God is Love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2004, 08:24:33 PM »

well, Mel Gibson is traditional catholic so what you expect. Wink
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 08:31:49 PM by jenn » Logged

If we claim to be without sin, we decieve ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness...
But  if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense-Jesus Christ, the Righteous
His_child

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2004, 08:25:25 AM »

well, Mel Gibson is traditional catholic so what you expect. Wink

With the way some very well known Evangelicals were standing behind the movie, I didn't expect that much Catholicism.

Can't invent His deity.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2004, 09:38:31 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Justme and Jenn,

You will find most of the comments about The Passion in the debate area.

Tom

His_child

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2004, 10:40:23 AM »

Tom

Since I'm still a newbie here and haven't figured out how to navigate the site, would you be willing to link that for me or tell me where it is?

Thanks!

Can't invent His deity.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2004, 05:25:24 AM »

Tom

Since I'm still a newbie here and haven't figured out how to navigate the site, would you be willing to link that for me or tell me where it is?

Thanks!

Oklahoma Howdy to Justme,

I'm sorry, I should have said more. Debate is a major area on the first main menu that comes up for the forum. You can also quickly access it from anywhere on the forum by going to the bottom of the page. You will see a "go to" box with an arrow on the right side. Click the arrow and scroll down to "Debate" or any other area you may want and click it.

Tom

LadyKay4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2004, 03:16:06 AM »

I have some comments to make about "The Passion of the Christ."

First, it was a very powerful drama and moving... and came the closest, that I've seen to date, of any movie reliving Christ's last hours on the earth... HOWEVER what was so alarming to me is that Christ wasn't "resurrected"... he was left "dead"... which is a Catholic viewpoint (with Mel being catholic himself)... Yes, I think the world should dwell on the fact of the pain and suffering that Jesus went through for us, but it doesn't end there.... if it did then we'd all be lost! He's alive, folks and He's coming again!  I'm not sure why Mel didn't add this tidbit of fact to the movie... I was told that Mel didn't want to "detract" from the seriousness of the movie by ending in a fairy tale way with "He lived happily ever after".... but let me just say... Because He lives.... I can live! So yes, there IS a "fairy tale" ending to this story. With all the conversions that were "made" during this film... how many were converted over to Christ or just to Catholicism in general.  Huh I hope that is not the case... it's not our "denomination" that gets us in to Heaven... it's our faith in God through Christ and asking Christ into our hearts that takes us to Heaven.
*breaths*  Whew... I just HAD to get that out!

With saying all that, I'm new here!  Wink
Hello everyone!

Lady Kay
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2004, 03:35:39 AM »

HOWEVER what was so alarming to me is that Christ wasn't "resurrected"... he was left "dead"... which is a Catholic viewpoint (with Mel being catholic himself)
What's that supposed to mean?  Do you think Catholics don't believe in the resurrection or something?

I'm not sure why Mel didn't add this tidbit of fact to the movie
It's a movie, not the whole story.  That's why it's called the Passion of Christ - because it tells the Passion, not the whole thing.   To be complete it'd have to cover the whole thing from Incarnation to Pentecost and everything in between.    Gibson chose to highlight in detail one short but climatic event in the story to get people thinking (which it has certainly done).  Now it's up to the churches to catch people and tell them the rest of the story.

how many were converted over to Christ or just to Catholicism in general.  
Christianity is a subset of Catholicism?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
new_self

body piercing saved my life

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2004, 09:12:34 AM »

I have some comments to make about "The Passion of the Christ."

First, it was a very powerful drama and moving... and came the closest, that I've seen to date, of any movie reliving Christ's last hours on the earth... HOWEVER what was so alarming to me is that Christ wasn't "resurrected"... he was left "dead"... which is a Catholic viewpoint (with Mel being catholic himself)... Yes, I think the world should dwell on the fact of the pain and suffering that Jesus went through for us, but it doesn't end there.... if it did then we'd all be lost! He's alive, folks and He's coming again!  I'm not sure why Mel didn't add this tidbit of fact to the movie... I was told that Mel didn't want to "detract" from the seriousness of the movie by ending in a fairy tale way with "He lived happily ever after".... but let me just say... Because He lives.... I can live! So yes, there IS a "fairy tale" ending to this story. With all the conversions that were "made" during this film... how many were converted over to Christ or just to Catholicism in general.  Huh I hope that is not the case... it's not our "denomination" that gets us in to Heaven... it's our faith in God through Christ and asking Christ into our hearts that takes us to Heaven.
*breaths*  Whew... I just HAD to get that out!

With saying all that, I'm new here!  Wink
Hello everyone!

Lady Kay

Did you not watch the end of the movie? Although it wasn't a very long scene, Christ was still risen. I think you need to watch it again.

"No one can read the Gospels witout feeling the actual presence of Jesus.His personality pulsates in every word.No myth is filled with such life."  -Albert Einstein.The Saturday Evening Post:October 26th,1929
LadyKay4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2004, 01:10:07 PM »

Did you not watch the end of the movie? Although it wasn't a very long scene, Christ was still risen. I think you need to watch it again.

I must not have caught it then, hard to do with a little one wanting to use the "restroom" every 15 minutes.

Christianity is a subset of Catholicism?

Let me rephrase this for you, m'kay?  Wink I was concerned that people were converted to "catholicism" rather than "to Christ" through movie... which, in turn, brought my statement about the only way to Heaven is through "Christ" NOT through a denomination.  Also, I didn't say I didn't like the movie, it was very touching and moving, but I must not have seen the ending that explained he had "risen."  Also, as far as I know, I thought Catholics believed that Christ was still on the cross... I mean, when you see Christ depicted it is always still on the cross or as a baby. (Crucifix, Mary and Jesus, etc) I was not coming on here to "bash" anyone, but apparently you were offended, ebia.

BTW.. thanks for the warm welcome.  Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the